Super Moderator

Default "Batman: The Jiro Kuwata Batmanga" Heads to DC Digital First

Jiro Kuwata's 1960s Batman manga series will debut as a DC Comics Digital First series on July 5, and collected into paperback later in 2014.

Full article here.

Moderator / Bounty Hunter ABH-1979's Avatar

Awesome. I've only read a tiny sampling of the Bat-Manga, but I'll certainly check this out.

Excellent! Very much looking forward to this. Oh and I love your avatar too. Nicely done.
    It was only after Bruce died that I realized what I could do for him....Honor him. Honor what he stood for. Take up the mantle of the Bat. The mantle of my son. Atone for my sins by helping the world. -Thomas Wayne E2 Batman

Never give up without a fight. - Inscription on Zuko's dagger-Avatar: the Last Airbender

Can NOT fault DC for doing this. Very cool.

I am excited for this.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

I have a copy of the hardcover book from 2008/2009 (not sure). I'm going to wait for a collected edition of the new releases. Glad to see the whole thing finally coming out

Oh yes, this is great news. A very good manga, especially notable because of its vintage. I'm especially happy they managed to find the rest of the missing strips.

I hope they release this in manga digest format and sell it in the manga section of Barnes and Noble.

Awesome!!!

this is excellent news. i have the paperback of the Chip Kidd Bat-Manga collection and have been dying to read the entire run.

How many of the stories in Kidd's book are complete vs. few page fragments? This comic looks really cool, but I kinda dig the vintage paper texture and all those photos of crazy merchandise and promotional art that I've glimpsed in the Kidd book.

Kidd's book has whole issues printed, but not many full storylines. there were a couple that i was intrigued on how they ended, but at the time the originals were not available. thankfully, that has been resolved with the digital series.

and some of the memorabilia/merchandise is awesome!

Hmmmm... if Kidd's book is mostly incomplete stories I think I'll go with the new series.

BTW, I think Kuwata draws the best Robin I've ever seen.

Senior Member Art School Dropout's Avatar

I really enjoyed the Lord Death Man story arc and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    I kinda dig the vintage paper texture
    I love the presentation of the strips in the Kidd book, but these are pretty fun presented cleanly, too.