Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Birdsinboxes View Post
    I appreciate that, thanks.

Still…looking at the site on mobile is 100% impossible. And on my desktop its full screen ads nonstop. What happened here? Clearly the site is getting a ton of negative feedback about the changes. Does no one in charge care?
    That's how most sites are these days, 90% ads and trackers, 10% content.

Have to make a living after all.

Nothing the forum admins here have any say in.

Just find a good ad-blocker and move on.

I'm sorry if this was brought up before but there are two things that could be real pains. The first is that the way quotes are done their way too light, the light grey on the white backround. Makes things hard to read. Second off when I'm on an article and theres another article further down the video will automatically play with full sound. The video playing ads to the loading time and thus slows things down a bit and the sound playing starrtles one and I don't even open the page in a quiet place or work or anything like I would other places. It even gets annoying at home especially when I'm not interested in what the video is about or I'm listening to music on my computer or something. So basically change the color of the quotes and stop the auto play of the videos. I have some other concerns over content but I'll hold judgement.

Newbie Member

I am having err_connection_timed_out problem in my pc

Newbie Member

Here’s the mail I got recently

Hello,
    Thank you for the updated status of the issue. Let us try the best we can to resolve your issue.

We understand that you are getting an error message (This webpage is not available) when you try to access website. We also noted that this issue also persists with other internet browsers.
    Share this information to assist you further.
    --Have you installed a new application (firewall or antivirus) on your computer?
    If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don’t believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the Chrome menu > Settings > + Show advanced settings > Change proxy settings… > LAN Settings and deselect the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” checkbox.
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT – Solutions Encyclopedia

Incredible Member

Nobody cares anymore, I suppose, and it seems the owners of the site have no interest in the forums at all, so this probably won't reach any invested parties, but I just wanted to chime in that the main site has become absolute crap. Disconnecting the link from articles to comments in the forum was a really terrible idea. Having facebook be the platform for comments on articles is a mistake...there is either no discussion whatsoever or just a bunch of worthless, frequently racist, comments from alt-right trash.

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    Nobody cares anymore, I suppose, and it seems the owners of the site have no interest in the forums at all, so this probably won't reach any invested parties, but I just wanted to chime in that the main site has become absolute crap. Disconnecting the link from articles to comments in the forum was a really terrible idea. Having facebook be the platform for comments on articles is a mistake...there is either no discussion whatsoever or just a bunch of worthless, frequently racist, comments from alt-right trash.
    And spam. Lots and lots of spam.

Also, I think they cycle through the articles far too quick. Even if you could comment, you can't have discussions because the whole topic has been buried by the next day usually by at least one Top 10 Things I Claim you forgot about list.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

You mean Top 15 lists.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Does anybody else get annoyed when they go to click on the big header image topic and it changes right as they click so you end up openning a page on some topic you don't care about?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Does anybody else get annoyed when they go to click on the big header image topic and it changes right as they click so you end up openning a page on some topic you don't care about?
    I think that's an issue with web browsers in general on both desktops and mobile. They should have a setting which makes clicks work for whatever was in the spot you tapped on a moment before you actually tapped. It would save me so much grief.

#NotMyPresident Pandarifically Delusional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    I'm right there with ya! Not everyone in the Universe wants a FB account! And now you need one to be able to comment on articles? Yeah, count me as one of the disappointed ones! I used to a have regard for CBR, but with the recent trend of sloppily/lazily-written articles, I am finding myself needing to find a better, more reliable comic news site!
    (⊙ω⊙) My Spirit Animal is a Sloth. | PULLS: Saga, All-New Wolverine, Hawkeye, Animosity, Paper Girls | My PINTEREST Page For All Things Laura (X-23/ANW): link.

If it's any consolation, even having a Facebook account doesn't help much if you're trying to post from an iPad or iPhone. Considering they tried to make the site mobile friendly, they failed big-time.

Is there an option that when i'm on cbr homepage and click "The Community", it will not open a new window but just go to community on the same window?
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

[SIZE=2]You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo and Storm's second ongoing solo coming on 2018 with Ta-Nehisi Coates as writer as Jen Bartel as artist/SIZE]

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

Spectacular Member

I'm sure this is too late ... but the new design for cbr is awful. I loved the old site and layout. I still visit at least once a day but I read a lot fewer articles than I used too compared to other comic book based websites.

Newbie Member

I have no use for the main site. When CSBG tweets an interesting Brian Cronin article, that's the only time I go to a CBR.com article. Brian Cronin is falling into the boring "15 things.." rut, so sometimes I even pass over his articles.

LOL!

https://www.thepremium.com/?utm_sour...lement=1109905

Oh they've heard all of our complaining about advertising and have come up with a great solution.

Searching must be one of the Premium features, as its no longer available to non-subscribers.