Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Manchester Black was kind of a one-hit wonder. I mean, he came back, messed with Clark once, but as a villain he's a footnote.

I wouldn't bother putting him on there if you're looking for people who are generally around for a while.
    Oh I don't know about that.

Black has appeared in more than forty comics, as well as in various other media (such as television shows, animated movies and video games - which this poster likes to refer to in terms of popularity), ranging from his first appearance in 2001 to the New 52 continuity.

His psionic feats put him right up there with the very best (non-cosmic or creator being) psionic characters in comic books.

Telepathically, he has controlled Superman's entire rogue gallery and switched the minds of pairs of characters into each other's bodies. Telekinentically, he has induced a stroke in Supes by pinching his extremely durable brain arteries very intricately, and he can erect powerful TK shields and project powerful concussive TK blasts.

He hasn't always been presented with powers, as Superman did depower him, but his feats and number of appearances can't really be disputed. And he'd absolutely, unquestionably defeat a fairly sizeable chunk of the list of characters at the start of this thread.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Forty comics? Jeez. I'm not counting "JLA: Elite" because it's not actually him, there. I know there was his first set with Superman, then the one where he offed himself.

He's done more?
    Why Are We Here?, by Pendaran

Rumbles Shorthand Dictionary

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post

Definitely without. With it, he trounced the freaking Living Tribunal.
    He beat LT with the Heart of the Universe, not the Infinity Gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    First, welcome to the boards.

Second, Abomination and the Leader have no business being ranked on the list that highly; nor Loki, Sinestro, Bizarro, Juggernaut, and Dr. Doom that low. I mean...Sentinels ranked above the Destroyer??
    The Destroyer would rip apart Sentinels by the dozen obviously, but I would certainly buy that comic book.
    "Until the lion learns to write, every story will glorify the hunter."
    --African proverb

Forty comics? Jeez. I'm not counting "JLA: Elite" because it's not actually him, there. I know there was his first set with Superman, then the one where he offed himself.

He's done more?
    Manchester Black - First Appearance: Action Comics (1938) #775 March 2001:

Manchester Black - Chronological Listing

http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=1729

Manchester Black (DC)(Post-Flashpoint) - Chronological Listing

http://www.comicbookdb.com/character_chron.php?ID=77847

http://www.comicbookdb.com/search.ph...htype=FullSite

How reliable is this information: (Or does anyone here disagree?)

Anti Monitor and Galactus are at a higher power level then Thanos and all the superheroes in every universe. Thanos is a product of the Celestials having thrown gen manipulation about a million years ago. They created the Eternals as well as the Deviants. Galactus and Anti Monitor are at the same power level as the Celestials. Thanos has become more powerful then his heritage through research and technology, but to catch up with characters like this who have existed forever and may be considered forces of the universe is too much. In possession of the stones and artifacts though, that is another story but not considering the norm.
    Last edited by easywolf32; 08-24-2016 at 11:12 AM.

Thor's hammer Mjolnir is obviously very, very tough. He is constantly smashing things with it, using his class 100 strength, and it never gets damaged. The Destroyer is made of an even more durable substance than Mjolnir. Compared to the Destroyer, Sentinels are basically brittle plastic kid toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Thor's hammer Mjolnir is obviously very, very tough. He is constantly smashing things with it, using his class 100 strength, and it never gets damaged. The Destroyer is made of an even more durable substance than Mjolnir. Compared to the Destroyer, Sentinels are basically brittle plastic kid toys.
    Roger about the Destroyer destroying the Sentinels.

So I'm stuck with this tough one. Doomsday at his possible best vs Ultron at his possible best.

Here's the new list so far...adding the rest slowly let me know if you see something completely off..

37. Metallo 9
    36. The Leader 9
    35. Sinestro 10
    34. Abomination 10
    33. Maestro 10
    32. Loki 11
    31. Molecule Man 11
    30. Juggernaught 11
    29. Destroyer 11
    28. Magneto 11
    27. Red Hulk 11
    26. Kang The Conqueror 12
    25. Bizarro 14
    24. Atrocitus 13
    23. Mister Mxyzptlk 15
    22. Black Adam 16
    21. Doctor Doom 18
    20. General Zod 17
    19. Eradicator 17
    18. Mephisto 18
    17. Apocalypse 16
    16. Proteus 19
    15. Mongul
    14. Cyborg Superman 19
    13. Ultron 16
    12. Doomsday 18
    11. Brainiac 19
    10. Onslaught 20
    9. Tyrant 26
    8. Dormammu 29
    7. Abraxas 31
    6. Thanos 32
    5. Darkseid 25
    4. Imperiex
    3. The Anti-Monitor 42
    2. Krona
    1. Galactus 54

Gog is friggin strong..where to put him>?
    Last edited by easywolf32; 08-24-2016 at 02:44 PM.

I'm just going to stick with the idea of Dormammu for now, and note that Furnace Face would find the idea of Thanos being 'ahead' of him rather insulting.

Does Thanos come up with better plans than Dormammu? Yes (the Dorm wouldn't admit it, but it's true).

Is Thanos better at tracking down stuff (Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cubes, etc) that will help him do horrible things? Yes.

If we stuffed Thanos in an arena with Dormammu, would Thanos win the fight?

No.

The Dorm's personal power - outside of funky items discovered for a single plot arc (again, Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cube, etc) - is higher than Thanos', and he has a greater breadth of power to boot.

Quite possibly similarly with Darkseid.

Now, if we're talking about 'who has had the most influence as a villain', that's a different matter, but then one needs to start looking at people like the Joker.

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move."
    - Nik Hasta

"[Kent] Nelson was nearly invariably presented as the guy who, barring the Spectre, made everyone else generally gasp and go "Doctor Fate don't shiv, he balls nasty.", even Superman."
    - Pendaran

I'm just going to stick with the idea of Dormammu for now, and note that Furnace Face would find the idea of Thanos being 'ahead' of him rather insulting.

Does Thanos come up with better plans than Dormammu? Yes (the Dorm wouldn't admit it, but it's true).

Is Thanos better at tracking down stuff (Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cubes, etc) that will help him do horrible things? Yes.

If we stuffed Thanos in an arena with Dormammu, would Thanos win the fight?

No.

The Dorm's personal power - outside of funky items discovered for a single plot arc (again, Infinity Gauntlet, Cosmic Cube, etc) - is higher than Thanos', and he has a greater breadth of power to boot.

Quite possibly similarly with Darkseid.

Now, if we're talking about 'who has had the most influence as a villain', that's a different matter, but then one needs to start looking at people like the Joker.
    Ha! You're back? Ok so I did some research on Dormammu vs Thanos and man its a hard choice. There's thousands of answers but most agree Dormammu would win. Than I researched Shuma-Gorath vs Dormammu and around 90% of peeps say Shuma-Gorath can take Dormammu...wow. I will add Shuma-Gorath high up there. What about Mephisto? Should he be higher? And between Abraxias and Dormammu? thx
    Last edited by easywolf32; 08-24-2016 at 06:36 PM.

This is crazy...

"Shuma-Gorath is stated to be the most ancient and powerful demon in the Marvel Universe.

Shuma Gorath was stated to be omnipotent, just like Beyonder, so Beyonder about equal to Shuma gorath.

And it was stated that BEYONDER CAN CRUSH GALACTUS LIKE A BUG.

SO, SHUMA GORATH WILL CRUSH GALACTUS LIKE A BUG......"

Quote Originally Posted by easywolf32 View Post
    Ha! You're back? Ok so I did some research on Dormammu vs Thanos and man its a hard choice. There's thousands of answers and it's split like 50-50. Than I researched Shuma-Gorath vs Dormammu and around 90% of peeps say Shuma-Gorath can take Dormammu...wow. I will add Shuma-Gorath high up there. What about Mephisto? Should he be higher? And between Abraxias and Dormammu? thx
    I'd be curious to know what puts Thanos - without any of his powerups that he goes out and tracks down with prep - on the level of Dormammu. I would be really curious.

I mean, he could put up a fight against Dormammu, similarly to how he put up a fight against Odin. But win?

Ugh.

Edit: And yes, Shuma-Gorath would take the win against Dormammu.

*Some stuff that looks quoted from another website*
    It's kind of against the rules to bring other website arguments into this one. Or quote them. Or other stuff like that.

...regarding the point, Shuma-Gorath isn't omnipotent. He has never shown that capacity. At all.

- Nik Hasta

- Pendaran

Nice list here. I really hate Mister Mxyzptlk!!!
    The only tolerable version of Mister Mxyzptlk I've ever seen or read is the one voiced by Gilbert Gottfried in Superman: TAS. That one was a riot. Every other version is annoying.

It's kind of against the rules to bring other website arguments into this one. Or quote them. Or other stuff like that.
    He's right. We have unique rules here that some other websites don't always agree with. This led to some heated web page wars before we finally made peace by leaving them alone if they left us alone. It works fairly well and the mods do a pretty job making sure this sort of thing doesn't happen again.

Just keep in mind, this is all for fun. Let's keep it fun and not get other websites involved.