Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Taylor's "Injustice: Year Three" Returns to Weekly, Introduces Constantine

John Constantine is one of the many new concepts Tom Taylor plans to add to "Injustice: Year Three" as the series returns to its weekly digital format.

Full article here.

looks cool!!!
    i have been enjoying these alternate Earths more than the new52 universe for a while...
    it's a shame
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

What are they doing to you, John?
    BB

Ugh...

Someone needs to put a rein on Taylor. John does not fit into the Injustice verse at all.

Your comic's based on a fighting game, you'd incorporate a major character for your rebellion despite he'd never be used in one?

EDIT: Guess it was inevitable after they shoehorned John into effing Smallville.

let it never be said DC doesn't know how to drive a character into the ground

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    looks cool!!!
    i have been enjoying these alternate Earths more than the new52 universe for a while...
    it's a shame
    yeah, they have a cooler birds of prey and renee montoya.

well constantine isn't great in new 52 like he was on hellblazer, so whatever for me

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Ugh...

Someone needs to put a rein on Taylor. John does not fit into the Injustice verse at all.

Your comic's based on a fighting game, you'd incorporate a major character for your rebellion despite he'd never be used in one?

EDIT: Guess it was inevitable after they shoehorned John into effing Smallville.
    Maybe Taylor's recycling bits of Alan Moore's Twilight of Superheroes... That, or he either ran out of characters (impossible) or Constantine is going to get killed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Maybe Taylor's recycling bits of Alan Moore's Twilight of Superheroes... That, or he either ran out of characters (impossible) or Constantine is going to get killed.
    I am sure Constantine is going to die as well. Can't wait to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    That much is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat007007 View Post
    ...why?

...why?
    Hate boner probably.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Hate boner probably.
    Just remembered, he's the bloke who was wailing on about shipping Batman with Zatanna a while back. That probably explains it.

I was hoping to see more characters that were actually in the game at this point. I've been reading waiting to find out Hawkgirl's story is to no avail. She's being kind of neglected in Earth-2, so I shouldn't be surprised at this point.

BANNED

That much is obvious.

...why?

Because a lot of top characters such as Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner) and Green Arrow died and never went back to life. Death has an actual meaning in Injustice. No magic, no advanced tech, no PIS to bring them to life. Its good to have a comic finally dealing with the consequences of death. Comics today make fun of death way too much for my taste. I mean look at the Wolverine situation we have right now : people are already speculating on when he is going to make it back from the death instead of speaking of his upcoming death itself. Thats a joke. Death is seen as an annoyance and not as an honorable end. Injustice does not make fun of death. Death is seen as a part of life rather than something that can be avoided altogether. One the many reasons why me and many people love Injustice. Lest face it : Injustice put the NEW 52 to shame. Oh and seeing Superman loosing his cool to the point of killing people is great too. Congrats Injustice writers for that as well. They use their freedom to write a great comic.

One of the many problems of comics today : The Death and Return of Superman
    Last edited by Bat007007; 07-01-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Always Rakzo

Eh, I don't really care about who Taylor uses in this series since it's not set in the main continuity.

Unlike, you know, that other thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat007007 View Post
    ...why?
    Well, Taylor doesn't exactly shy from killing characters.

Although sometimes he should.

Just remembered, he's the bloke who was wailing on about shipping Batman with Zatanna a while back. That probably explains it.
    That's ridiculous, Zatanna/Nightmare Nurse is the way to go these days.

Ugh...

Yeah, John is suffering from overexposure, and it doesn't help that 90% of it is from writers who have no clue about the character.

I miss the days when it was just Hellblazer.