View Poll Results: How do you feel about him?

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love him

31 14.09%
  • Too early to tell, give it time

106 48.18%
  • Dislike him

83 37.73%
Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1238
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Lol, its Batman and Batboy.
    Batboy sounds so wrong. It sounds like it's ushering Fredric Wertham's Seduction of the Innocent 2.0: Electric Boogaloo With More Homosexual Hysteria.

Duke isn't a bad character it's just that Synder has gone about this all wrong. Robin's have been replaced before and sidekicks come and go. Damian isn't going to be the last Robin or the last person Bruce takes in but Synder he went about this in a dishonest manner. He refused to write the current Robin, he excluded all family members. That's not how you introduce a new character into a franchise.

I like this new costume and I love the art and still keen to see what this new title brings. I just wish they had gone about this differently because I think really does bring something to the family but I'm afraid his going to get crucified by the naysayers prematurely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Duke isn't a bad character it's just that Synder has gone about this all wrong. Robin's have been replaced before and sidekicks come and go. Damian isn't going to be the last Robin or the last person Bruce takes in but Synder he went about this in a dishonest manner.
    But it is still way to early for Damian to leave the mantle. And that Duke belongs age wise to the same generation as Tim, Steph, Cass and Harper is also not really helping.

If they really want to add new charaters they should belong to Damians generation and not to Tims.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Its just like Bluebird being a wannabe Nightwing. Thats what these parasites are, just wannabes.
    My first idea about Harper... and my current idea about Duke..

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    lmao this is getting ridiculous. I had been pretty ambivalent about him, but with each step, they are doing things that seem designed to piss people off.
    You are right..

Duke isn't a bad character it's just that Synder has gone about this all wrong. Robin's have been replaced before and sidekicks come and go. Damian isn't going to be the last Robin or the last person Bruce takes in but Synder he went about this in a dishonest manner. He refused to write the current Robin, he excluded all family members. That's not how you introduce a new character into a franchise.

I like this new costume and I love the art and still keen to see what this new title brings. I just wish they had gone about this differently because I think really does bring something to the family but I'm afraid his going to get crucified by the naysayers prematurely.
    Pretty much this. Duke could really be good, they're just going about it in the wrong direction. I would have loved to see involvement from some of the others during Duke's transition.

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    Pretty much this. Duke could really be good, they're just going about it in the wrong direction. I would have loved to see involvement from some of the others during Duke's transition.
    While I don't think it really would have fixed all the problems, as I've mentioned before, I think it would have been smart for Duke's back-ups in All-Star to be Brave and the Bold style one-shots where he teams up with other BatFam members. I don't read All-Star but how many Duke back-up stories were there? Enough that he could have teamed up with most of the currently active members? Hell, a team-up with Tim maybe could have tried to show that he's not a bland expy.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Honestly, his costume is one of the biggest complaints I had, and while the redesign isn't perfect by any means, I'm glad they gave him a slightly better suit.

Remember that interview Synder gave a while back about wanting to Duke become Batman. It's all coming together.

Please powers that be, never allow that to happen ever.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Remember that interview Synder gave a while back about wanting to Duke become Batman. It's all coming together.
    Well, that interview never happened so, not really.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Well, that interview never happened so, not really.
    I think this is the interview that people think about when they think "Scott Snyder wants Duke to be Batman." http://www.cbr.com/all-star-batmans-...ust-different/

I think a huge part of the problem is the questions are incredibly leading and obnoxious. Snyder's response isn't bad, but he can only do so much with those kind of questions.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Duke's new look reminds me of Grace's gay batman Night Fox

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Hey, people. Duke's Thomas costume is yellow in part. He is totally stealing Shazam, Flash, Thawne, Sinestro and Booster Gold's thunder. The book will tank ! Everything will be better then : old useless and boring Tim Drake will return to glory , ousting all those fuckers who have stolen his rightful place as Batman's one and only support character (Nightwing, Red Hood, Cassandra Can, Batwing, Bluebird, The Signal, Damian, Batwoman, Bite-Mite, you name them), but not Stephanie Brown because Tim needs his mate, people !
    When people criticize Duke, it means that they're criticizing Dick and Damian and Kate as well?? I had no idea that was the case. I mean, there's no logical basis for that conclusion, but apparently people not liking Duke equates with them just not liking any Bat-character that's not Tim Drake.

Or it won't, even if Duke's mini tanks and we just lose an opportunity to explore something new for once in the Batman mythos, instead of reheasing the same old tired tropes, histories and characters, and the comics industry won't get any better for this.
    New ground is explored all the time in Batman comics. But when an idea is bad or a character is unlikeable, people will say so. Damian was a new character once, but the difference between him and Duke is that he actually had something unique to contribute to the Batman family. Duke is pretty much as interesting as white bread. Even Luke Fox is more interesting of a character, and he hasn't seen nearly as much push as Duke.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Duke's new look reminds me of Grace's gay batman Night Fox

WOW... In my case.. When I saw the Duke new mask...I thought.. I saw this before..

lobezno.jpg

Even the yellow is in both characters
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-08-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

DC doesn't get it that the fans of the other "younger generation" are very protective of their favs and don't like to see usurpers elevated in their places. It doesn't help the new character become accepted.