View Poll Results: How do you feel about him?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love him

31 14.16%
  • Too early to tell, give it time

105 47.95%
  • Dislike him

83 37.90%
Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1238
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    DC doesn't get it that the fans of the other "younger generation" are very protective of their favs and don't like to see usurpers elevated in their places. It doesn't help the new character become accepted.
    That's pretty much always a thing though. People are always resistant to someone else coming in and potentially "taking the spotlight" from their favs regardless of whether it really affects said fav or not. It's understandable to a degree, as you want good representation for all the different factions of the Batman fanbase, but the fact remains that Duke has his fans and the author clearly wants to give him a push. I feel the Bat family is bloated as is, but Duke is an ok addition that could add something to the mythos and just give readers good times. There's no reason to salivate over his potential commercial or critical failure, and I'm hoping people give him a shot to prove himself in a miniseries. Duke is no more an usurper than other characters were when they were first introduced...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I actually prefer it to the other look, but it does look a little too much like Batman .
    Batwing, Darkwing (the Duck and the Marvel/DC guy) & Nightwing called-they want their costume back!

Heck Black Panther might have a beef.

lmao this is getting ridiculous. I had been pretty ambivalent about him, but with each step, they are doing things that seem designed to piss people off.

Right? I feel bad about how ready people's pitch forks are already are for Duke, but they are just making it harder and harder.
    Has Atlanta96 gone off yet?

Pitch forks???? I think we past that stage a LONG time ago.

If he doesn't look like Batman's kid.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Has Atlanta96 gone off yet?
    Atlanta got banned. Not sure if it's a permaban. Hopefully not.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Even Luke Fox is more interesting of a character, and he hasn't seen nearly as much push as Duke.
    Honestly, I find Luke to be uninteresting and his introduction as Batman's "first choice" for the Batwing mantle was a complete turn off to me. It came at the expense of fridging David Zavimbe's supporting cast while simultaneously treating the original Batwing like a second rate pretender to the mantle. Sorry but I just can care about Luke after that. Personally, Luke's introduction was far worse than anything Snyder has done with Duke.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-09-2017 at 07:29 AM.

Aftershock: Alters:
    DC: Action/Batman/Batman Beyond/BoP/Blue Beetle/Bug/Cave Carson/DoomPatrol/Flash/Gotham City Garage/GLS/JLA/Kamandi Challenge/Mister Miracle/Mother Panic/New Super-Man/Nightwing/NW: The New Order/RHATO/Shade:TCG/Supergirl/Superman/Super Sons/Teen Titans/Trinity/Wild Storm
    Lion Forge: Accell, Noble, Superb
    Valiant: Bloodshot/Britannia/Eternity/Faith/Harbringer Renegade/Ninjak/Quantum and Woody/Secret Weapons/War Mother/X-O Manowar

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That's pretty much always a thing though. People are always resistant to someone else coming in and potentially "taking the spotlight" from their favs regardless of whether it really affects said fav or not. It's understandable to a degree, as you want good representation for all the different factions of the Batman fanbase, but the fact remains that Duke has his fans and the author clearly wants to give him a push. I feel the Bat family is bloated as is, but Duke is an ok addition that could add something to the mythos and just give readers good times. There's no reason to salivate over his potential commercial or critical failure, and I'm hoping people give him a shot to prove himself in a miniseries. Duke is no more an usurper than other characters were when they were first introduced...
    If Duke can sell enough books to stay alive without Snyder using his diva writer status to prop him up, good for Duke and whatever fans he has. If he has what it takes, he'll succeed. However, one notes that Damian was "created to die", but he had won over so many fans--in spite of his treatment--that DC had to bring him back. Damian had "whatever it is" that makes a character popular enough that the customers force the company to rethink its plans. Jason had "whatever it takes" for me to spend several, several dollars trying to save him (not enough, but I did what I could afford at the time). So far Duke hasn't shown me anything worth spending a dime on, let alone $4-6 bucks for a book he's in--but I'm open to it if I see anything over than the current "meh" out of him.

Honestly, reading almost all his appearances since 2014 (except Dark Days, i'm still not gotten around that, mostly because it sounds ridiculous), there's not much on Duke to hate, but there isn't much to love either, i don't think that he is taking the spotlight of any characther (and for the record, i am a big fan of Tim, Cass and Steph), he just feels, kind of pointless and the reveals and ideas that we are getting don't sound very good or make much sense (seriously Gotham being more dangerous at day, maybe you could get away with that around the 80s and 90s, but right now ugh...).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Honestly, reading almost all his appearances since 2014 (except Dark Days, i'm still not gotten around that, mostly because it sounds ridiculous), there's not much on Duke to hate, but there isn't much to love either, i don't think that he is taking the spotlight of any characther (and for the record, i am a big fan of Tim, Cass and Steph), he just feels, kind of pointless and the reveals and ideas that we are getting don't sound very good or make much sense (seriously Gotham being more dangerous at day, maybe you could get away with that around the 80s and 90s, but right now ugh...).
    He is taking away the spotlight in that sense that you could give his part in a story to an other character.

I think most people don't really hate him for "in universe" reasons, they just hate that he gets put in the big stories, while a lot of the more popular Batfamily members get constantly side lined.

I have actually a similar problem with how they push Batwoman at the moment.

BANNED

3 issue mini, thank God.

For real. ^
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    3 issue mini, thank God.
    Donīt trust in Snyder maybe this mini comic if for talk a little about him... and the next is add him in Detective Comics(please no, harper is around here).... or in Batman for Gotham Girl..
    Last edited by adrikito; 08-09-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I don't hate Duke, but I won't be picking up his mini until I see some reviews that make me believe I should. Maybe his mini will prove he "has legs." Maybe not.

This daytime BatRobin idea is a decent hook for this mini, I'll give it that.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

I don't trust Snyder in anything that involves the other Bats other than Bruce. EX: I am fully prepared to see Damian get shown up by Duke in his 'METAL' appearance.

You'd be in denial if you can't see the obvious contempt Snyder has for Robin since he couldn't make Duke an actual Robin.

'I can't write Damian because he's too young, too close to home'

One minute later:

'Hey guys look at my new OC, DUKE THOMAS! A TEEN HERO!'

Shot himself on the foot on that one. People were calling him out BIG TIME.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Honestly, I find Luke to be uninteresting and his introduction as Batman's "first choice" for the Batwing mantle was a complete turn off to me. It came at the expense of fridging David Zavimbe's supporting cast while simultaneously treating the original Batwing like a second rate pretender to the mantle. Sorry but I just can care about Luke after that. Personally, Luke's introduction was far worse than anything Snyder has done with Duke.
    Ditto for everything you said plus I just found David to be far more interesting.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rev516 View Post
    You'd be in denial if you can't see the obvious contempt Snyder has for Robin since he couldn't make Duke an actual Robin.
    Snyder's various reasons for not writing Damian much are a bit suspect, I agree.
    Thank you America for voting for change.

Quote Originally Posted by EMarie View Post
    Ditto for everything you said plus I just found David to be far more interesting.
    I don't disagree that David is more interesting, but through his bromance with JPV, Luke has definitely grown on me.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality