View Poll Results: How do you feel about him?

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love him

31 14.03%
  • Too early to tell, give it time

107 48.42%
  • Dislike him

83 37.56%
Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

So I guess his solo book would be titled The Signal of the Bat (Bat Signal is already taken), The Shadow is owned by another company so you can't go with The Shadow of the Bat. Honestly there are too many costumed heroes in Gotham that all the good names are taken he should have just kept his name.

honestly lark or dayman sound better but if the doctor could get away with being calling the doctor then maybe duke can hack it as the signal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Seriously?! That is so weak. That's what we waited for all this time?
    Yes! Yes it is. Out of all the characters in the Bat-Family, this is the one they decided to build up. This is the one they thought would be solo book material. Aren't comics wonderful?
    I'm on Twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/Atlanta962

And YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/false314

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yes! Yes it is. Out of all the characters in the Bat-Family, this is the one they decided to build up. This is the one they thought would be solo book material. Aren't comics wonderful?
    Yes they are. Crappy name or no Duke is still great

But OMG is Signal bad. Like really? Signal???

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I really don't know why Lark was so bad. I like the bird theme.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Incredible Member Lady Nightwing's Avatar

My tablet is being repaired at the minute so i can't read the issue, I'm still prepared to give Duke the benefit of the doubt but the Signal id is just the worst. It wouldn't have been so bad if we didnt have to wait a year or so for it. Does he get a new suit that reflects the name? Or is he still wearing a suit with a bat on It?

Ultimate Member

My tablet is being repaired at the minute so i can't read the issue, I'm still prepared to give Duke the benefit of the doubt but the Signal id is just the worst. It wouldn't have been so bad if we didnt have to wait a year or so for it. Does he get a new suit that reflects the name? Or is he still wearing a suit with a bat on It?
    PLEASE don't give them any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    PLEASE don't give them any ideas.
    Well, a black and yellow suit with a bat on it doesn't exactly scream The Signal. It's more Batboy. Robin has the R symbol and a red tunic. Nightwing has a stylised Bird, Red Hood has a Red Helmet etc

The time to give him the benefit of a doubt ended a long time ago. He has had plenty of opportunities to impress fans and justify his existence, and has failed at all of them. It is not your job to support characters, it is their job to EARN your support.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    So I guess his solo book would be titled The Signal of the Bat (Bat Signal is already taken), The Shadow is owned by another company so you can't go with The Shadow of the Bat. Honestly there are too many costumed heroes in Gotham that all the good names are taken he should have just kept his name.
    The Signal of The Bat seems like a good title, I can see it being that.

What name were you guys all expecting Duke to have that leads you to overreact like this though?

The time to give him the benefit of a doubt ended a long time ago. He has had plenty of opportunities to impress fans and justify his existence, and has failed at all of them. It is not your job to support characters, it is their job to EARN your support.
    My thinking is that I'd be getting the books anyway and he hasn't done anything to make me actively hate him ie. Harper Rowe hijacking Dicks 75th anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really don't know why Lark was so bad. I like the bird theme.
    I would've been perfectly fine with Lark.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    The Signal of The Bat seems like a good title, I can see it being that.

What name were you guys all expecting Duke to have that leads you to overreact like this though?
    Something not horrible.

Probably my own expectations coloring my judgement but I was expecting some sort of shiny bird motiff to contrast Batman's dark theme. I'm also not really keen on him being a meta, I prefer my street level heroes non-powered, but if they do it like Black Canary where her power is more a bonus I guess I could live with it. I'll see where they go with it.

My thinking is that I'd be getting the books anyway and he hasn't done anything to make me actively hate him ie. Harper Rowe hijacking Dicks 75th anniversary.
    "Better than Robin", replacing Dick as the first kid Bruce met as Batman, restoring Bruce's memories in Superheavy despite barely knowing him, the entirety of We Are Robin, none of those things?

Incredible Member

IN blackest day in darkest night no evil shall escape my sight let those who worship jokers might beware my power the SIGNAL'S light.lmao....look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane.it's the SIGNAL.i'm like so done.

"Better than Robin", replacing Dick as the first kid Bruce met as Batman, restoring Bruce's memories in Superheavy despite barely knowing him, the entirety of We Are Robin, none of those things?
    Why does it fill you with rage that Bruce wants to do something "better than robin"? Should he not try to do things better?

This might shatter your world but I'm pretty sure Batman had already met children before meeting Grayson.

We need to know people intimately in order to help them??

Curious - who's your character that you feel has been marginalized thanks to Duke's presence?