Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Rocket Raccoon, #1

Skottie Young's "Rocket Raccoon" #1 is a gorgeous, funny ride that simple revels in having a good time.

Full review here.

Powered By Gravity skyjumpermike's Avatar

Really looking forward to this book. I love Skottie's art. Glad to hear it is a great first issue.

Looks like I will be picking this comic up now.

The popularity of this character continues to astonish me.

No disrespect to his fans intended
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Powered By Gravity skyjumpermike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post

I can't really consider myself a fan because I don't know that much about him. I just enjoy the artist, I prefer solo titles, and titles that stand alone and aren't really intertwined with other stories. Hopefully I'm a fan of Rocket after I get into this title. It all depends on the story I guess.

Still flying

Quote Originally Posted by skyjumpermike View Post
    I can't really consider myself a fan because I don't know that much about him. I just enjoy the artist, I prefer solo titles, and titles that stand alone and aren't really intertwined with other stories. Hopefully I'm a fan of Rocket after I get into this title. It all depends on the story I guess.
    Agree with this. I am in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post

He's a sarcastic raccoon with guns-- what's not to like?

Such a great issue. I'm so impressed that Young isn't just a great artist but he can also craft some great stories.
    DIS GUY MUST BE A ALIEN OR SUTIN - gerybaboona

I am floored with how good this comic was. Beautifully rendered and very well written. I cannot wait for issue #2.

This book was just so damn good. The story and dialogue were fun and the Guardians felt pretty awesome here compared to the slow burn in thier own book.

Absolutely LOVED the art style, the colors, and especially the sound effects and easter eggs. Hell, if I'm not mistaken Skottie drew himself into the book. Just a great book!

While I love Scottie's art, I thought the characterization of Rocket was horrible. I remember the original story that introduced RR (I still have it) and how fun it was. Now the character has become almost the opposite of what he was then. I'll leave this one on the shelf, in spite of the art.