Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Sin City" Vet Devon Aoki Joins "Arrow" as Katana

"Arrow" will add another established DC Comics character in its upcoming third season: Katana, played by Devon Aoki.

Full article here.

BANNED

Ok, this is an honest question since I don't watch Arrow, but between this, Deathstroke and freaking Ra's Al Ghul appearing in the show, I have to ask... Is this show a Liveaction Batman with green paint job?

Kind of, Green Arrow has always had his similarities with the caped crusader. Thematically a lot of characters and concepts from Batman related media just works well, and they take what they can.

Stoked that Katana's showing up though. I think an Arrow "Outsiders" could be very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Ok, this is an honest question since I don't watch Arrow, but between this, Deathstroke and freaking Ra's Al Ghul appearing in the show, I have to ask... Is this show a Liveaction Batman with green paint job?
    Deathstroke is as much a Green Arrow character as he is a batman character. Hell if he belongs to anyone its the teen titans. Also katanna was only a member of the bat cast in the new cartoon wasn't she? And did ras actually appear or just get mentioned?
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

Oh look my thread and original post were deleted because heaven forbid the farmer notices the pigs are walking.

deathstroke is not a Batman rogue.

BANNED

The best way to describe Deathstroke would be that he's everyone's villain. When he's not going after the teen titans he's going after Green Arrow or some other street level hero. And personally I think Ra's is wasted to being just Batman's villain IMHO. Yes he and Batman have history but he shouldn't have to be restricted to just him.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Deathstroke is as much a Green Arrow character as he is a batman character. Hell if he belongs to anyone its the teen titans. Also katanna was only a member of the bat cast in the new cartoon wasn't she? And did ras actually appear or just get mentioned?
    He's never been on the show, just mentioned.

Moderator / Bounty Hunter ABH-1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Also katanna was only a member of the bat cast in the new cartoon wasn't she?
    Katana has always been part of Batman's world. She was created to be a member of his Outsiders.

BANNED

I guess I've come to associate Deathstroke with Nightwing, all that was deleted after the Nu52 though.

The Outsider Katana and definetly Ra's Al Ghul and the league of assasins are definetly Batman characters, though.

Look, I don't want to push anyone's fan buttons or bring up any old rip offs. I was legitimately just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH-1979 View Post
    Katana has always been part of Batman's world. She was created to be a member of his Outsiders.
    I wouldn't say that makes her a batman character. If Batman trained her or took her in or her name was The Sword of The Bat then yeah. But just because she was created to join a team he created doesn't make her a batman character. No more than ronan or the sentry belong to the captain america or iron man family.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

Oh look my thread and original post were deleted because heaven forbid the farmer notices the pigs are walking.

Arrow and the Outsiders TBA

I hope the Outsiders get introduced in season 3. Suicide Squad last season was great and if the outsiders are introduced that is 3 different teams on Arrow: Arrow/Speedy, Suicide Squad, and Outsiders.
    I love the New 52. I love the dark and grittiness of it and find that is what makes the most enjoyable superhero stories. At the same time I find All Star Superman to be the most depressing Superman story I have ever read. Yeah I'm weird.

As near as I can tell the show has borrowed from Batman's rogue gallery a more than a little, but Roy, Canary
    and Merlin are Green Arrow characters.

Deathstroke is more like DC's company villain than a Batman rogue.
    If anything he's a Titans/Nightwing rogue.

Bronze Tiger is a character from the old Richard Dragon: Kung Fu Fighter book. Technically he isn't a
    Bat-rogue either.

Onyx, who is sort of an African-American Katana actually debuted in the Green Arrow back up. But
    she is a lot less known to the fans than Katana is so I can see why they would use her.

The most obscure Batcharacter is probably better known than most of Green Arrows rogues so there's
    always gonna be some borrowing done.

I am just surprised that Connor Hawke hasnt shown up yet.

Or she could join the show's version of BOP, whenever they get together. And Katana has no real connection to Batman in the New 52, except through the BOP.

Is that a bad thing?