Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Girl 94 View Post
    Would you include Conan on that list? (who happens to predate Superman by some 6 years)... In my mind he is a crime fighter as well
    I was never a huge fan of Conan -- I've read a few books here, and a few comic books there, without ever becoming a diehard collector of all his material -- but I sure don't remember thinking of a wandering barbarian swordsman as being "a crimefighter." Didn't he support himself for a while as a thief, and also as part of a pirate crew?

I like stories and the Batman mythos quite a bit more when he has no other allies or his allies are old enough and mature enough to make good or bad decisions for themselves. Condoning a teenage Robin or Batgirl is extremely irresponsible, and could be considered negligence if he knows that it is going on. Training his adopted children to be able to defend themselves on the other hand would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    No.

You know what Batman is without the family? Zorro.
    Actually not only did Zorro have Bernardo, but Zorro had a Legion.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-27-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    How often, these days, do you see a new movie or TV series about other hard-hitting Golden Age crimefighters (the ones who, like Batman, had little or nothing in the way of superpowers) such as Doc Savage, The Shadow, The Spider, The Hang Man, Spy Smasher, or even Dick Tracy?
    Does The Phantom movie from the mid 90's count?

I draw the line with Tim. But thats probbably how this thread will go. I grew up with Jason and Tim. Love them. I can do without the rest though.