Page 590 of 722 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600640690 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 10822
    Rookie Member

good film but fox should have made it two parts

Quote Originally Posted by iacobusleo View Post
    I think this is a very divisive issue. Some people said the first hour was a bit draggy and slow (a common complaint I've seen in Youtube reviews and from some of my friends), some people said the second half flew off the handle and became a CGI bore. I personally have no problems with it because I am invested in these characters, so the introduction of Jean Grey is as huge a deal as an action setpiece. It's so interesting to me. I've yet to be invested in a movie with such polarising opinions.

Although yes the consensus is that there needs to be more time with the villains.
    I'm on the latter half. The movie opens great and is personal. Building itself up, but then gets fighty on a green screen. Its like Fox pulled their budget.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I also thought the movie could be longer. I wasn't bored at all. I think the movie could use a 2 part movies. The last 1/3 felt too cramped IMO.
    The movie seemed to serves 2 main plots.
    - Introducing the new mutants
    - Rise of Apocalypse; while also
    - Put a closure to the Xavier-Magneto-Mystique original trilogy story.

I think the 1st movie could use the introduction of the new mutants (recast) and rise of Apocalypse (including his plot to spoilers:
    absorbed Xavier's ability
    end of spoilers
    while the 2nd movie could center around Apocalypse and the Horsemen building his army and try to destroy/dominate the world with some development for the Horsemen) and the new X-Men team try to stop him.

In the end I think the movie was successful in introducing the new mutants, introducing Apocalypse and put a closure to the the original trilogy while it failed to deliver Apocalypse as the threat to the world he supposed to be.
    I didn't need two movies with Apocalypse specifically, but God yes a longer movie. I was surprised when it was over. I needed more. And world needed building before destroying.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise408 View Post
    Not for me. My MVP is hands down, Jean Grey.
    Thank You! Enough of this Quicksilver nonsense. It was all about Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddieGrey View Post
    I want him back. Otherwise, this franchise is gonna be what happened to the X-men Comics after Claremont left. Directionless.
    No, Singer is more like the Stan Lee. His version is boring and underdeveloped. We need the next director to be the Claremont, and take that pitiful franchise and rebuild it stronger than ever!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Not for me. My MVP is hands down, Jean Grey.
    Yes, preach. The One True Messiah.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    No, Singer is more like the Stan Lee. His version is boring and underdeveloped. We need the next director to be the Claremont, and take that pitiful franchise and rebuild it stronger than ever!
    Has Claremont had experience with directing though? But writing? Absolutely! (hopefully with a partner to patch up his quirks though)

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Look, if another director can deliver on what you think is going to happen then fine I'm all for it. Most likely Singer might actually end up being the Grant Morrison of the x-films depending on what direction the studio takes.

I want him to stay on as a producer, but he can (and take this with a grain of salt cause I love this dude now) sit the next one out directing wise. He created a world and sorry I want this world to continue.

Thank You! Enough of this Quicksilver nonsense. It was all about Jean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Yes, preach. The One True Messiah.
    This movie did for me with Jean, what X2 did for me with Magneto, which was make the character quite possibly my favorite character in the film series.

Looking back and reflecting on the movie, I absolutely loved how spoilers:
    this version of Jean Grey remains consistent with the trilogy, AND X-Men: The Last Stand by showing Phoenix to be something WITHIN Jean, and not an external entity, but ALSO using the "new timeline" to show us Jean Grey with her powers WITHOUT the mental blocks, and what she is capable of. I don't know if it is going to lead to another version of Phoenix Saga, or even if it should necessarily, but what it did do for me is quite possibly give me a top 5 X-Men movie moment of all time.
    end of spoilers

This movie did for me with Jean, what X2 did for me with Magneto, which was make the character quite possibly my favorite character in the film series.

this version of Jean Grey remains consistent with the trilogy, AND X-Men: The Last Stand by showing Phoenix to be something WITHIN Jean, and not an external entity, but ALSO using the "new timeline" to show us Jean Grey with her powers WITHOUT the mental blocks, and what she is capable of. I don't know if it is going to lead to another version of Phoenix Saga, or even if it should necessarily, but what it did do for me is quite possibly give me a top 5 X-Men movie moment of all time.
    end of spoilers
    Same. This is the Jean I've always wanted to see. I don't need a Dark Phoenix Saga.

end of spoilers
    Not to mention the goosebump inducing spoilers:
    air walk before she unleashed the Phoenix. That truly was as perfectly handled as possible.
    end of spoilers

So much Jean love. Been waiting forever for you guys to see it. She single-handedly pulled this movie up a few rankings in my personal list of X-Men movies.

I really REALLY need a new movie with this cast. I need to seem them live to their potential. Words can't describe how much I'm hoping Fox keeps this going, but with a more intimate story this time.

That's the difference between X3 and Apocalypse. Both are structural messes IMO, but the former destroys potential while the other builds it.

So much Jean love. Been waiting forever for you guys to see it. She single-handedly pulled this movie up a few rankings in my personal list of X-Men movies.

I really REALLY need a new movie with this cast. I need to seem them live to their potential. Words can't describe how much I'm hoping Fox keeps this going, but with a more intimate story this time.

That's the difference between X3 and Apocalypse. Both are structural messes IMO, but the former destroys potential while the other builds it.
    This.

After X3, I was done with the X-men and wasn't excited to see more. This makes me want more.

This.

After X3, I was done with the X-men and wasn't excited to see more. This makes me want more.

air walk before she unleashed the Phoenix. That truly was as perfectly handled as possible.
    end of spoilers
    That scene had me grinning like an idiot in the theatre. This is exactly what I wanted!

Also, big ups to Storm. I love her and the actress. Needed more focus.

end of spoilers
    That, on top of her spoilers:
    entering the Astral Plane, with the Cerebro Doors opening to reveal her
    end of spoilers, the whole entire sequence was just a thing of beauty.

I agree with the poster that said that she pulled the movie up a few ranks.