Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would've thought Ollie and Dinah would be shoe-in's for this group, but currently GA's a wanted fugitive in his home city so they might not be in a position to join a Superhero team.

Plus Dinah's already in the Birds of Prey.

And if Supergirl is in it, we'll already have at least one caucasian blonde on the team, which is probably enough for a group that's primarily meant to be diverse .
    Yeah, that thought had occurred to me, too.

I think Firestorm, Supergirl and Martian Manhunter are almost guaranteed locks for JLA. The big question is which other CW heroes will make the cut? Technically, Cisco isn't Vibe just yet which really bothers me as I'm a huge Vibe fan. Hope the DCU Vibe does end up making the cut.
    Last edited by Blackest Knight; 10-03-2016 at 01:42 PM.

I'm sure they'll throw in Batman to bring in readers. Either way, I'm excited about this line up! Very much looking forward to JLCW.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    Marvel has really struggled to get sales on the current New Avengers book despite having two billion dollars movies under their belt. Reis' name wasn't enough to keep the last Cyborg run from bombing. While internet fans (and I'm one of them) are very excited to see these folks get the spotlight, mainstream folks need characters they recognize. If DC doesn't attract enough casual readers the book is going to be hurt.
    Ivan Reis did full pencils on only the first 2 issues of Cyborg and was down to doing nothing but breakdowns by #3. Then he was almost entirely gone after that (for reasons no one has adequately explained).

You can bet your bottom dollar that will absolutely not be the case here. Reis will be on every issue with just an occasional fill-in. Count on it.

Also, Ivan Reis's year-long run on New 52 Aquaman was a sales smash regularly beating 99% of Marvel's line-up. A book featuring DC's CW superheroes with Reis on art every issue will be like minting money. Believe it.

Love the line up so far. I remember Orlando retweeting some editor a while back who said almost half the team will be women, so I'm guessing it will be 9 members and we have two more coming. Hoping for Element Woman and maybe Supergirl (Dream would be Powergirl or Marella from Earth 2 somehow lol).

Hope for some news on Black Lighting next.

Well this would look like a pretty strong, solid, Arrowverse-inspired team:

- Supergirl

- Martian Manhunter

- Firestorm

- Vixen

- Atom

- Killer Frost

- Ray

- Vibe

The only thing we'd be missing is a representative from Arrow, unless we count Atom since the Arrowverse version debuted there.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Love the line up so far. I remember Orlando retweeting some editor a while back who said almost half the team will be women, so I'm guessing it will be 9 members and we have two more coming. Hoping for Element Woman and maybe Supergirl (Dream would be Powergirl or Marella from Earth 2 somehow lol).

Hope for some news on Black Lighting next.
    I anticipate DC Rebirth Black Lightning will be ever so conveniently timed to coincide with the premiere of Berlanti's Black Lightning on FOX.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    Ivan Reis did full pencils on only the first 2 issues of Cyborg and was down to doing nothing but breakdowns by #3. Then he was almost entirely gone after that (for reasons no one has adequately explained).

You can bet your bottom dollar that will absolutely not be the case here. Reis will be on every issue with just an occasional fill-in. Count on it.

Also, Ivan Reis's year-long run on New 52 Aquaman was a sales smash regularly beating 99% of Marvel's line-up. A book featuring DC's CW superheroes with Reis on art every issue will be like minting money. Believe it.
    Didn't some news that Throne of Atlantis was finally gonna happen come out around the time Reis left? I could have sworn that something mentioned him on that book.

I anticipate DC Rebirth Black Lightning will be ever so conveniently timed to coincide with the premiere of Berlanti's Black Lightning on FOX.
    Has there been any news on when that's suppose to happen?

Didn't some news that Throne of Atlantis was finally gonna happen come out around the time Reis left? I could have sworn that something mentioned him on that book.
    Well, they do mention "the seven seas" in describing the team...

Yep. Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis were reported on CBR (and quoted) to be working on Rise Of The Seven Seas sometime late last year or early this year. I forget which.

But then Geoff got promoted to President of DC Films and last we heard, it was Dan Abnett who is now going to be in charge of launching that arc. No word on who's drawing it, but I'll be shocked if it's Reis (darn it).

I like this line-up a lot so far! (I don't like that Atom suit though. Far too busy.)

As many people have already mentioned, there are quite a few obvious characters who would complement this roster:

Martian Manhunter
    Vibe
    Supergirl
    Firestorm
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Element Woman

Hawkman and/or Hawkgirl would be likely under normal circumstances, but with JSA just around the corner, there's a strong chance they'll show up there instead.

Hal Jordan and John Stewart are two other Justice League mainstays who aren't currently in the main Justice League. But since that other Justice League already has two Green Lanterns, they might want to avoid having any in JLA.

Well, they do mention "the seven seas" in describing the team...
    D'OH!!

I totally overlooked that. Very good catch on your part!!

Has there been any news on when that's suppose to happen?
    Berlanti's team is working on the pilot for FOX as we speak. You can do a Google search, but it sounded like Black Lightning would be a mid season debut same as how CW introduced Legends Of Tomorrow.

Yep. Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis were reported on CBR (and quoted) to be working on Rise Of The Seven Seas sometime late last year or early this year. I forget which.

But then Geoff got promoted to President of DC Films and last we heard, it was Dan Abnett who is now going to be in charge of launching that arc. No word on who's drawing it, but I'll be shocked if it's Reis (darn it).
    Knew I got the name wrong lol

Hopefully it happens, I need a good reason to get caught up on Aquaman.

Berlanti's team is working on the pilot for FOX as we speak. You can do a Google search, but it sounded like Black Lightning would be a mid season debut same as how CW introduced Legends Of Tomorrow.
    Great, hope it turns out well. I need a reason to start watching tv again.
    Last edited by SkyMason21; 10-03-2016 at 02:03 PM.

I would've thought Ollie and Dinah would be shoe-in's for this group, but currently GA's a wanted fugitive in his home city so they might not be in a position to join a Superhero team.

Plus Dinah's already in the Birds of Prey.
    Good point about Black Canary. Birds of Prey slipped my mind. But if there's room for Killer Frost in JLA, I think there's room for a fugitive Green Arrow!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! Dark Knight1047's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    The line-up:

Vixen: http://www.cbr.com/exclusive-dc-comi...ue-of-america/

The Ray: http://comicsalliance.com/ray-justic...ica-exclusive/

The Atom: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...u/1100-156101/

Killer Frost: http://www.newsarama.com/31307-fourt...a-villain.html

I think this is a great start and can't wait to see who else makes the line-up. There are a couple things I don't love (Ryan's suit being similar to Ray's TV suit, which I'm not a fan of), but overall I think this is a great step in the right direction for this title.
    So basically, this book is going to feature the characters from The Arrow tv show. With Reis doing the art, I was hoping for a great lineup. These characters are okay, but we need more A listers.
    "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."