View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Furies? (MULTIPLE CHOICE)

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Artemiz

    1 2.00%
  • Bernadeth

    8 16.00%
  • Big Barda

    32 64.00%
  • Bloody Mary

    5 10.00%
  • Gilotina

    10 20.00%
  • Knockout

    9 18.00%
  • Lashina

    30 60.00%
  • Mad Harriet

    11 22.00%
  • Malice Vundabar

    5 10.00%
  • Speed Queen

    4 8.00%
  • Stompa

    9 18.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    2,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Would kinda equate them to how the Greeks imagined Ares and his posse. Like Granny is the major figure here and she's assisted by the Female Furies the same way Ares had Deimos, Phobos and Eris.
    That's exactly the model I was considering, but with modern sensibilities. In my Apokoliptan pantheon, Granny is the Goddess of Cruelty, and runs her school to find the best candidates for her special class. A bit like Pride of Miss Jean Brodie combined with divine terrigenesis.

    You know me, I've got a small idea about everything and everywhere.

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,736

    Default

    Why isn't it possible to vote Granny G? Somewhere someone suggested Kathleen Turner as Granny and that would be awesome!

  3. #18
    Incredible Member Jovan2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    That's exactly the model I was considering, but with modern sensibilities. In my Apokoliptan pantheon, Granny is the Goddess of Cruelty, and runs her school to find the best candidates for her special class. A bit like Pride of Miss Jean Brodie combined with divine terrigenesis.

    You know me, I've got a small idea about everything and everywhere.
    Cool idea. I also thought Granny Goddess was the Goddess of Cruelty.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I’ve got this idea that the Female Furies are Goddesses of Torture.

    Sharp: Mad Harriet
    Blunt: Stompa
    Choke: Lashina
    Drain: Bernadeth

    And they’re still recruiting for Hot, Cold, Loud, and the psychological Torture that Barda used to be: I don’t have the word for it, but the Torture of being “reduced”... Barda diminishes your confidence, your esteem, your power. That’s flipped and reversed when she meets Scott, and becomes the Goddess of Confidence, and acts like a Blue Lantern Power Booster to everyone she’s grouped with.
    Nice idea that you have different aspects of Torture that each of them represents. For Bloody Mary you could have her as Famine (although idea that the four furies of apokolips represents the four prime concepts of the apocalypse is a good move to separate them from the FF) or personifying as cold, due to her nature being an energy vampire. Gilotina could be Mutiilation and Malice Vundabar as Fear. For the Female Furies there are concepts you could use: Anxiety; Fear; Horror; Terror; Hysteria; Panic; Paranoia and Shock.
    Last edited by Jovan2013; 10-05-2017 at 01:30 PM.

  4. #19
    Blue Snowmod Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,016

    Default

    Okay, what the heck is going on with the Furies in the Superman comic? Bernadeth is completely missing, Stompa looks nothing like Stompa, and now they've added Lois to their ranks? Sheesh.

  5. #20
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,282

    Default

    Gotta go with Barda and Lashina.

    Although Speed Queen has the best name...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

  6. #21
    Blue Snowmod Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Gotta go with Barda and Lashina.

    Although Speed Queen has the best name...
    Speed Queen's pretty fun in DC Super Hero Girls.

    Barda and Lashina seem to be the popular two, which makes sense since they're the most developed. It would be interesting to see Barda influence Lashina and maybe Stompa and Mad Harriet (I can't see Bernadeth being trustworthy enough) to join her and we could get that "Big Barda and the Female Furies" comic that we were supposed to get in the 70's.

    People forget that they joined up with Barda on Earth and left Apokolips temporarily during their first appearances. They were even part of Mister Miracle's act. But at some point (off-panel) they returned to Apokolips and probably had some brainwashing done. Maybe Granny beat them into forgetting their defection.

  7. #22
    Astonishing Member WhiteQueenEmmaFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,944

    Default

    I always loved that Ed Asner was the voice of Granny Goodness.

  8. #23
    All-New Member BeardedWastelandEchidna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2

    Default

    *Sigh* I didn't like how the Furies were portrayed in the latest Superman arc. Among other problems I had with it, why was Stompa so skinny? And where's Bernadeth? Also in the latest issue, spoilers:
    Lois somehow takes them all out single handed. They're supposed to be some of the best warriors on Apokolips and yet they get their ass handed to them by one human?
    end of spoilers

    They'll also be appearing in a future Wonder Woman issue, so I hope they're portrayed better there. Although considering how disappointed I am with the current arc, I'm not counting on it. It's going to be awful if they get the same treatment when Steve encounters them.

    Also, Lashina is my favourite Fury.
    Last edited by BeardedWastelandEchidna; 12-06-2017 at 03:54 AM.

  9. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Speed Queen's pretty fun in DC Super Hero Girls.

    Barda and Lashina seem to be the popular two, which makes sense since they're the most developed. It would be interesting to see Barda influence Lashina and maybe Stompa and Mad Harriet (I can't see Bernadeth being trustworthy enough) to join her and we could get that "Big Barda and the Female Furies" comic that we were supposed to get in the 70's.

    People forget that they joined up with Barda on Earth and left Apokolips temporarily during their first appearances. They were even part of Mister Miracle's act. But at some point (off-panel) they returned to Apokolips and probably had some brainwashing done. Maybe Granny beat them into forgetting their defection.
    Think one of the reasons there haven't been more breakaways from the Furies that unlike Barda, they dont have much of a reason to stay free. They dont have a Scott Free.

    Plus by modern standards, we are talking about some seriously messed up people who'd very likely cause a lot of damage if they ever tried to be normal or blend into a normal setting without any kind of supervision. Like they've grown up in a 'might makes right' and 'strong eat the weak' enviroment where they've had who knows what kind of atrocities inflicted on themselves and inflicted it on others as well. So just leaving them on Earth, or some other planet, you'll like just end up with a bunch of supervillains, because that's all they really know.

    Can Barda reign them in and keep them together? Technically it could work, but again, because how they all grew up, Barda is likely to be challenged as soon as she shows any kind of perceived weakness around them. Not to mention if you are really grim, you are essentially just replacing Granny with Barda, and Barda may have to use some Granny's methods to make them stay in line. (A bit like Kingdom Come where Superman point out that Orion looked more like Darkseid than ever since he took over Apokolips).

  10. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Think one of the reasons there haven't been more breakaways from the Furies that unlike Barda, they dont have much of a reason to stay free. They dont have a Scott Free.

    Plus by modern standards, we are talking about some seriously messed up people who'd very likely cause a lot of damage if they ever tried to be normal or blend into a normal setting without any kind of supervision. Like they've grown up in a 'might makes right' and 'strong eat the weak' enviroment where they've had who knows what kind of atrocities inflicted on themselves and inflicted it on others as well. So just leaving them on Earth, or some other planet, you'll like just end up with a bunch of supervillains, because that's all they really know.

    Can Barda reign them in and keep them together? Technically it could work, but again, because how they all grew up, Barda is likely to be challenged as soon as she shows any kind of perceived weakness around them. Not to mention if you are really grim, you are essentially just replacing Granny with Barda, and Barda may have to use some Granny's methods to make them stay in line. (A bit like Kingdom Come where Superman point out that Orion looked more like Darkseid than ever since he took over Apokolips).
    You could have them rehabilitated on New Genesis then allow them on Earth with some supervision to see how it goes.

  11. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,640

    Default

    For my favourites, it's Barda with Knockout a close second.

  12. #27
    Blue Snowmod Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWastelandEchidna View Post
    *Sigh* I didn't like how the Furies were portrayed in the latest Superman arc. Among other problems I had with it, why was Stompa so skinny? And where's Bernadeth? Also in the latest issue, spoilers:
    Lois somehow takes them all out single handed. They're supposed to be some of the best warriors on Apokolips and yet they get their ass handed to them by one human?
    end of spoilers

    They'll also be appearing in a future Wonder Woman issue, so I hope they're portrayed better there. Although considering how disappointed I am with the current arc, I'm not counting on it. It's going to be awful if they get the same treatment when Steve encounters them.

    Also, Lashina is my favourite Fury.
    This week's Superman was atrocious in terms of the Furies. It boggles my mind how anyone could think Lois Lane could beat three New Gods who are known throughout the galaxy as Darkseid (DC's alleged big bad) elite strike force.

    And yeah, Stompa being rail thin is unforgiveable. As is Mad Harriet being completely sane. I'd like to imagine Bernadeth is off doing her own thing for a while since at least she escaped this mess of a story arc. Maybe she'll be in the Wonder Woman arc coming up. I hope Robinson completely ignores what happened with this story... but the solicit also mentions that Steve Trevor is confronted by them so maybe he'll take them out as well.

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    This week's Superman was atrocious in terms of the Furies. It boggles my mind how anyone could think Lois Lane could beat three New Gods who are known throughout the galaxy as Darkseid (DC's alleged big bad) elite strike force.

    And yeah, Stompa being rail thin is unforgiveable. As is Mad Harriet being completely sane. I'd like to imagine Bernadeth is off doing her own thing for a while since at least she escaped this mess of a story arc. Maybe she'll be in the Wonder Woman arc coming up. I hope Robinson completely ignores what happened with this story... but the solicit also mentions that Steve Trevor is confronted by them so maybe he'll take them out as well.
    Or maybe they will decide on the spot that he's the manliest manly man they have every seen and take him home with them?
    Leading Diana on a desperate chase halfway across Apokolips only to find out Steve is totally fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    You could have them rehabilitated on New Genesis then allow them on Earth with some supervision to see how it goes.
    To be honest, I think thats like training a wild bear then let it stroll around a kindergarden.

  14. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    15,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Or maybe they will decide on the spot that he's the manliest manly man they have every seen and take him home with them?
    Leading Diana on a desperate chase halfway across Apokolips only to find out Steve is totally fine.



    To be honest, I think thats like training a wild bear then let it stroll around a kindergarden.
    Well I did say they would be supervised.

  15. #30
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well I did say they would be supervised.
    Well, you can supervise the bear from the other side of the fence

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •