Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 447
  1. #421
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,486

    Default

    I think Scott Wilson is the guy to compare Lenny James with in terms of acting chops, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

  2. #422
    New and Improved hulahulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    953

    Default

    David Morrissey as the Governor is a quite an actor, too
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

  3. #423
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    David Morrissey as the Governor is a quite an actor, too
    Yes, another good one. Loved him as the "Doctor" on a Christmas episode a few years back, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

  4. #424
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    7,487

    Default

    Walking Dead thoughts....






    -












    -










    -















    -

















    -
























    - Simon reveals why they came to the Hilltop near the middle of the episode. Its less to do with Daryl and them deciding that Negan needs another medical doctor at home. So even if Negan didn't have Eugene , he would have killed the last doctor and took Doctor Carson.


    - Gregory becomes even more of a villain and wants to suck up to the Saviors worse.


    - Sasha & Rosita spend time bonding together , discussing their issues and what they have been through. Its a rare look into Rosita's past that we haven't seen in 3+ years. She regrets how things went with Abraham and how she never got to tell him she was glad he was happy finally. In the end Sasha sacrifices herself , saying Rosita still has time ahead to help and her life ain't over yet. Locking her out.


    - The Saviors pretty much make sure to keep a blanket around Negan outside. Which is how they move , its like last episode where Richard had the Knights of the Kingdom keep a close circle formation around Ezekiel. Because it likely makes folks believe snipers could be around anywhere.


    - Daryl and Maggie share a moment where she tells him he isn't at fault for what happened to Glenn. That Negan could have killed anyone and Glenn could have died at any point by him.


    - The finale , who was it that Rosita ran into ? It couldn't be Negan , he's inside the Sanctuary last we heard from Eugene. So who did she run into out there ?


    - The cast is so expansive with so much going on , this is the 2nd straight episode not to feature Rick Grimes.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  5. #425
    New and Improved hulahulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    953

    Default

    In the shadows, it looked like that mystery person had a crossbow. But it was hard to tell.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

  6. #426
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    - The Saviors pretty much make sure to keep a blanket around Negan outside. Which is how they move , its like last episode where Richard had the Knights of the Kingdom keep a close circle formation around Ezekiel. Because it likely makes folks believe snipers could be around anywhere.
    Eh, that was just the writers drawing it out, given that Negan was 'blanketed' by important people to his operation, and in reality, a sniper bullet would have easily traveled through two people.

  7. #427
    Spam Hunter Conn Seanery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1997
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    3,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    In the shadows, it looked like that mystery person had a crossbow. But it was hard to tell.
    Looked like one to me. Seems like it'd be pretty easy to guess it must be Dwight, but they could be faking us out with a time lapse and it may be Daryl catching up after finding out where they'd gone.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard
    Have an image that would make a good avatar for CBR? Avatar Suggestions

    "Superman...banana muffin." ~Batman (Batman/Superman #29)

  8. #428
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    7,487

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh, that was just the writers drawing it out, given that Negan was 'blanketed' by important people to his operation, and in reality, a sniper bullet would have easily traveled through two people.
    Well here is the situation , you have to factor in the distance traveled , wind/weather condition which seemed clear sure , and also if a bullet fired from that distance could travel through one man's skull or body into another one ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Looked like one to me. Seems like it'd be pretty easy to guess it must be Dwight, but they could be faking us out with a time lapse and it may be Daryl catching up after finding out where they'd gone.
    Daryl as we saw at that same moment was with Jesus at the end. Where he had talked to Gregory. I mean its possible he could have gotten a car and drove that quick. But it appears its Dwight.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  9. #429
    Spam Hunter Conn Seanery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 1997
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    3,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Daryl as we saw at that same moment was with Jesus at the end. Where he had talked to Gregory. I mean its possible he could have gotten a car and drove that quick. But it appears its Dwight.
    We don't know it's the same moment. Just because it was edited that way in the show doesn't mean everything's happening at the same time. That's why I said they may be faking us out with a time lapse. For all we know in the next episode they could pull the same thing they did this episode and play catch up at the beginning; show Daryl getting the info from Jesus, rushing off, then have him in the shadows encountering Rosita.

    But yeah, like I said, the easy pick would be Dwight. In any case, seemed like they definitely wanted us not to be sure.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Eddard Stark's other bastard
    Have an image that would make a good avatar for CBR? Avatar Suggestions

    "Superman...banana muffin." ~Batman (Batman/Superman #29)

  10. #430
    Elder Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,803

    Default

    From a few pages back...

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea there is a huge difference between medical research and knowing how the set a fracture, or stictch a wound. Or any kinda injury that is common in the zombie apocalypsr. Maybe negan just thinks he can still the Hilltops dr if he had too. I think hes a OBGYN but still went to medical school, who knows what kinda dr carson was.
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One viewer's take...

    I haven't seen anyone mention The Hilltop. I seriously doubt that Negan is unaware that The Hilltop has a doctor The Saviors could just walk right in and take.

  11. #431
    Veteran Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    3,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    We don't know it's the same moment. Just because it was edited that way in the show doesn't mean everything's happening at the same time. That's why I said they may be faking us out with a time lapse. For all we know in the next episode they could pull the same thing they did this episode and play catch up at the beginning; show Daryl getting the info from Jesus, rushing off, then have him in the shadows encountering Rosita.

    But yeah, like I said, the easy pick would be Dwight. In any case, seemed like they definitely wanted us not to be sure.
    On Talking Dead, Chris Hardwick all but made the assumption that it was Daryl. Like he's got the only crossbow in the entire Southeast.

  12. #432
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    On Talking Dead, Chris Hardwick all but made the assumption that it was Daryl. Like he's got the only crossbow in the entire Southeast.
    Heh. I'm going with Dwight on this one.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

  13. #433
    Senior Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    703

    Default

    So now we know more about Rosita's backstory, and it kind of sheds some light on her relationship with Spencer. Emotions were flying during her mission with Sasha. And...Sasha is pretty much dead now, right? Maybe not, but that's probably what Rosita figures, and she's going to be wracked with guilt for bringing her along if it means Sasha dies and Rosita escapes with her life. As funny as Eugene's announcement was, it would've been funnier if they just shot him.

    I don't trust Gregory. It's through his own ignorance at what's going on that Maggie and Daryl are even still alive. He probably wouldn't hesitate to turn them over to his BFF Simon. Plus he threatened Jesus, that's messed up. He needs to be taken down so Maggie can step up as the leader of the Hilltop.

  14. #434
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I feel like Sasha is going to share the same fate as Holly from the comics. It was a very cool and unique scene in the books, so I have to imagine they'll include it in the show. I thought Heath might be the one for that scene, but Sasha makes more sense.

    Speaking of Heath, I'm still bummed that we won't get to experience his character on the screen. The actor is too tied up with the new 24, so they just wrote him off the show (well officially we don't know what happened to the character).

  15. #435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spensieri View Post
    I feel like Sasha is going to share the same fate as Holly from the comics. It was a very cool and unique scene in the books, so I have to imagine they'll include it in the show. I thought Heath might be the one for that scene, but Sasha makes more sense.

    Speaking of Heath, I'm still bummed that we won't get to experience his character on the screen. The actor is too tied up with the new 24, so they just wrote him off the show (well officially we don't know what happened to the character).
    I've been watching the new 24 since it started and didn't realize until yesterday that the lead actor was also Heath---and that's only because I read it online earlier and not because I actually noticed. Amazing what a wig and some glasses can do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •