Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

There is uncertainty and questionable alliances. then there is basing an entire plan, where everyone's life is at stake, on an enemy turncoat you have no reason to trust and every reason to suspect as a plant.
    They were formulating a plan before Dwight showed up. But rather than go forward and use Dwight in a way the inevitable betrayal would be minimized, they go full bore with a plan doomed to fail. And only survive because of a tiger. (I can't believe I typed that sentence )
    When watching a show or movie where the strategy is so obviously boneheaded, I hope someone in the cast might see that too. I am usually disappointed.
    There came a time when the name edhopper died! The final moment came with the fatal release of indescribable power--which tore every post that bore the name edhopper asunder--split it linto a new identity, and filled CBR with the blinding death flash of it's destruction! In the end there was a new user name, spinning slow and barren, clean of all that had gone before, adrift in the fading sounds of binary thunder...THEN----THERE WAS KIRBY101

Dwight has valid reasons to turn. I'm not saying he will or that the characters and viewers should trust him yet. His wife is still out there. Her disappearance coincided with Daryl's escape, sure, but beyond that, Negan can't pre-emptively manipulate this situation much based on what we've seen.

And Frosted Flakes are probably found pretty easily in the apocalypse. They're grrrrrreaatly in abundance I'm sure, so having a tiger on your side isn't so rare
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Dwight has valid reasons to turn. I'm not saying he will or that the characters and viewers should trust him yet. His wife is still out there. Her disappearance coincided with Daryl's escape, sure, but beyond that, Negan can't pre-emptively manipulate this situation much based on what we've seen.

And Frosted Flakes are probably found pretty easily in the apocalypse. They're grrrrrreaatly in abundance I'm sure, so having a tiger on your side isn't so rare
    He came to them and allowed himself to be placed in prison. Also he took a hell of a risk twice for Dwight.

- He lied and claimed he killed Sherry. When he didn't and allowed her to disappear. And that is a risk itself since his ex-wife could be found by a Savior out there.

- He framed the Doctor and placed the Saviors in a spot where they lost him. So now they have Eugene only there.

- Then he took off awhile and traveled to Alexandria and has no clue if he was followed.

So he's taken some big risks already in what he's done.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post

As a viewer, when we saw Dwight, did you trust anything he said?
    There came a time when the name edhopper died! The final moment came with the fatal release of indescribable power--which tore every post that bore the name edhopper asunder--split it linto a new identity, and filled CBR with the blinding death flash of it's destruction! In the end there was a new user name, spinning slow and barren, clean of all that had gone before, adrift in the fading sounds of binary thunder...THEN----THERE WAS KIRBY101

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    He came to them and allowed himself to be placed in prison. Also he took a hell of a risk twice for Dwight.

- He lied and claimed he killed Sherry. When he didn't and allowed her to disappear. And that is a risk itself since his ex-wife could be found by a Savior out there.

- He framed the Doctor and placed the Saviors in a spot where they lost him. So now they have Eugene only there.

- Then he took off awhile and traveled to Alexandria and has no clue if he was followed.

So he's taken some big risks already in what he's done.
    Unless it was all under Negan's eye and guidance, which is the first thing I assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    In the comics Dwight was played the near same way. They didn't know whether he'd turn on Negan or not , beyond risking this plan. And there wasn't much before Dwight did (in the comics he never let Sherry go , never framed the doctor etc).
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Unless it was all under Negan's eye and guidance, which is the first thing I assumed.
    If you watch Negan was pissed at the Doctor , claiming he led Sherry to her death. So that is why he killed him in that insane Negan rage he has. He expects Dwight to be the perfect soldier to him and follow his orders.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    If you watch Negan was pissed at the Doctor , claiming he led Sherry to her death. So that is why he killed him in that insane Negan rage he has. He expects Dwight to be the perfect soldier to him and follow his orders.
    Still no reason for Rick to trust him as he did.

"Okay, here's the plan, we need a zombie Sasha and a tiger...."

But that's it. We're seeing him as viewers, so we know all of the things he's done and had done to him. Rick doesn't know most of that stuff. He's coming at Dwight from a totally different point of view than you or I.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    But that's it. We're seeing him as viewers, so we know all of the things he's done and had done to him. Rick doesn't know most of that stuff. He's coming at Dwight from a totally different point of view than you or I.
    What was anything that Dwight did that Rick saw or knew about would give Rick any reason to trust him?

Who says Rick trusts Dwight in the first place? He's using him the way any law officer would use an informant.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Who says Rick trusts Dwight in the first place? He's using him the way any law officer would use an informant.
    The whole plan centered on Dwight turning on Negan. He had no plan B if Dwight was lying. How you think Daryl was captured?