Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: First Look At McNiven & Leisten's "Death of Wolverine" #1 Interiors

Wolverine and Reed Richards feature in an exclusive first look at Jay Leisten's inks on Steve McNiven's "Death of Wolverine" #1 pencils.

Full article here.

Welp, no one said it wouldn't look good.

Yep, art looks good. So there's a plus for this event already?

As always McNiven's art looks amazing, and he draws everything to great effect and detail.

As for story, I kind of want to know why Logan is talking to Reed instead of Hank, although perhaps its due to quitting the X-men. The scene makes me think that Reed has just given Wolverine bad news on his health.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Looks very gloomy and angsty, which is to be expected. But I don't think most readers are going to share that vibe. Let's face it, this is not a death that is going to stick. It's not a matter of if, but when he'll come back.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Wonder if his death is going to be adamantium poisoning. That's an idea that was kind of dropped a long time ago. Art is looking good, McNiven rarely disappoints.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeComics View Post
    Wonder if his death is going to be adamantium poisoning. That's an idea that was kind of dropped a long time ago. Art is looking good, McNiven rarely disappoints.
    It wasn't dropped they just came up with an antidote for it. I suspect read is telling him its not working anymore.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

If he dies from poisining instead of an enemy I think that would be very interesting.
    X-men fanatic.
    Wolverine Rules

Marvel has a week to give us more information before I make my comic order, so if they want me to buy another issue besides three, I need more data! I like Reed being in the first issue. Though if this is going to be yet another series that is heavy on flashbacks to a character that we all already know the main highlights of, I can't get too excited about this.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    It wasn't dropped they just came up with an antidote for it. I suspect read is telling him its not working anymore.
    that, or its having steadily growing and debilitating side-effects aside from merely killing him

as for not going to hank; its not impossible that the coming split in the illuminati is being reflected?

Damn that art looks good! Obviously he won't stay dead but I still have high hopes that Soule will write a great story. I'm glad I ordered these on dcbs cause they're $5 each.....

Well, if nothing else, the book will certainly look pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Looks very gloomy and angsty, which is to be expected. But I don't think most readers are going to share that vibe. Let's face it, this is not a death that is going to stick. It's not a matter of if, but when he'll come back.
    Probably around the same time as X-men: Apocalypse.

Beautiful art.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Wolverine and Reed Richards feature in an exclusive first look at Jay Leisten's inks on Steve McNiven's "Death of Wolverine" #1 pencils.

Full article here.
    Uh oh! Whenever someone turns to Reed Richards nowadays for help things never seem to work out for the best. haha.
    GraphicNovice.com - Graphic Novice Podcast available on iTunes