• Meh. Not bad, but I didn't love it.

10 20.00%
  • Bad. I didn't really care for this story

2 4.00%
  • Awful. Wish I didn't read it.

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Too true on that but her 616 character is in limbo currently so there's some hope?

After this arc is over I hope they kill off Norman. Getting tired of him being declared dead, coming back, dying, rinse and repeat.
    Hopefully the damage hasn't been irreversibly done to Monica though considering some other things Bendis has done, I'm not holding my breath too much.

And I hope so too. There isn't even any excuse at this point as to why they haven't outright killed him. They had over a year in which he was prisoner and did nothing to him. Even in the context of the universe it makes no sense considering these are the same people who tried to nuke Banner after his rampage as the Hulk. If they want to still have a goblin in some way, they could have taken DNA samples from Osborn and have that fall into the wrong hands creating a new goblin, but these returns of Osborn just get more ridiculous by the return.

I was thinking about what the guy said in the Ms. Marvel suit, but does anyone else think it could be an easter egg for what's to come in the 616/1610 universe? Maybe Bendis had that there because no one would think much of it other than "this guy is a whack job", or maybe...I'm just over thinking it and I'm just as crazy as the guy in the Ms. Marvel costume.
    Pull List DC: Earth 2, Action Comics, Justice League, Batman, Green Lantern, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman/Superman, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Batman And, New 52 Futures End, Batman Eternal, Secret Origins
    Pull List Marvel: Miles Morales Ultimate Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, The Punisher, Daredevil, Ultimate FF, Fantastic Four

Val-Zod(Son of Zod,duh!) ApolloCreed!(The One and Only)'s Avatar

Another great issue, I wonder if anybody else noticed the two cops are actually Bendis and Marquez, kind of funny...

The future of the UU doesn't look good, I know USM is the flagship title but, I'm still a little concerned...
    (aka)agent_graves (aka)4my6kidz

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloCreed!(The One and Only) View Post
    Another great issue, I wonder if anybody else noticed the two cops are actually Bendis and Marquez, kind of funny...
    If that's not a sign of egomanics I don't know what it.

The future of the UU doesn't look good, I know USM is the flagship title but, I'm still a little concerned...
    Heh I noticed that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerforlife View Post
    If that's not a sign of egomanics I don't know what it.
    Drawing yourself into a comic with a huge dick.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Drawing yourself into a comic with a huge dick.
    Or having your self-insert hook up with Kitty Pryde *cough*Kong*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Or having your self-insert hook up with Kitty Pryde *cough*Kong*cough*
    I forgot about that, but at least it seems an eensy bit less fetishistic than, say, ejaculating Kitty Pryde into space in a giant bullet while savoring the delicious pathos of her self-sacrifice. That ending the father-daughter thing that Wolverine used to have with the latest young ingenue on the team, be it Kitty or Jubes or Hisako, seem not weird at all.

But the sex stuff is not as alienating as the pushy desire to have teenagers embody somber life lessons. That business is just ick.

Bendis showed a panel of him and Marquez on his tumblr from issue 3 saying it was them.
    "A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step."

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

Well the death of the issue, despite the character's recent importance in the Ultimate Universe, was bound to happen given the ALL NEW ULTIMATES series.

So it was Bendis way of cleaning house and not confronting the overall issue, despite the fact that even I wanted to see what happen when two Black widows meet.

Poor Monica, seems like she's being set for evil if she lives. Kinda a shame.

And Ms. Marvel's black costume cameo.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 07-03-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Whats this about a male Ms. Marvel
    FAIL HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Whats this about a male Ms. Marvel
    In the police station there's a man being taken away that is dressed up as Ms. Marvel. It's like in Ultimate Comics: All-New Spider-Man #8 with that guy dressed up as Nova being taken away.
    "A journey of a thousand miles, begins with a single step."

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

I really loved this issue. It was clearly the best of this new series so far, and I never thought I'd say this, since I've been a Mark Bagely fan since I first got into comics (when he was drawing Amazing Spider-Man as well as being the longest running artist on Thunderbolts) but I think I actually prefer Marquez. Good lord, is that some gorgeous, vibrant art. I loved Miles internal monologuing in this one too, and that last page truly gave me goosebumps. I hope this story ends with Osborn showing himself to ultimately have some sort of plan this time, rather than just wanting to kill Parkers and Spider-Men, but him having made a beeline for May and Gwen's place does not bode well in that regard. Although, there is some hope, as there must have been some significance to that scene with all the old Oscirp weaponry. Can't wait for Miles vs. Osborn next ish!

Quote Originally Posted by Petotto Parkavius View Post
    I really loved this issue. It was clearly the best of this new series so far, and I never thought I'd say this, since I've been a Mark Bagely fan since I first got into comics (when he was drawing Amazing Spider-Man as well as being the longest running artist on Thunderbolts) but I think I actually prefer Marquez. Good lord, is that some gorgeous, vibrant art. I loved Miles internal monologuing in this one too, and that last page truly gave me goosebumps. I hope this story ends with Osborn showing himself to ultimately have some sort of plan this time, rather than just wanting to kill Parkers and Spider-Men, but him having made a beeline for May and Gwen's place does not bode well in that regard. Although, there is some hope, as there must have been some significance to that scene with all the old Oscirp weaponry. Can't wait for Miles vs. Osborn next ish!
    You know the sad thing is that if it was Osborn's plan to just kill Peter's family, it makes his entire sacrifice meaningless since, if not for Miles, he'd have slaughtered them since after that confrontation Osborn wasn't dead.

Well they're using Maria Hill in UU even though she's a bigger name in 616. So maybe Monica will live but become Madam Masque. That outfit is a pretty strong inclination to that.

We also don't see Monica die, we only see her face burned before Norman moves on to someone else. I don't see Bendis really killing her off either as she still has a baby to take care of.

Anyway, all things considered Kate Bishop handled the news rather... Well? I'm sure she'll come around.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 07-04-2014 at 09:43 AM.