Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I've said it before but I think Duke could seriously have his own really good supporting cast.

He's already got Gotham Girl as a love interest, as they are supposed to end up married in the future. So I'd like to see her appear in his book.

The WAR kids aswell, could and should definitely appear. A Duke solo book would be an awesome place to continue their stories.

Plus other characters who could appear such as Julie Madison, the Organisation Dukes mum was part of and of course all the Batfamily and its supporting characters who could appear.

So I picked up the I am Gotham book, and while I saw some tender moments with Gotham girl, I didn't see any like kiss or show they were going to be a love interest. Where did they show that they were actually a love interest? Or the married part? Cause I just spent 24.99 and still don't have the right story arc hahaha.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    So I picked up the I am Gotham book, and while I saw some tender moments with Gotham girl, I didn't see any like kiss or show they were going to be a love interest. Where did they show that they were actually a love interest? Or the married part? Cause I just spent 24.99 and still don't have the right story arc hahaha.
    At the end of the story, Gotham Girl says in a future narration thingy that she and Duke get married.

Also, Duke seems to have feelings for her. No kissing, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    At the end of the story, Gotham Girl says in a future narration thingy that she and Duke get married.

Also, Duke seems to have feelings for her. No kissing, though.
    Hmm..maybe it's not in the trade that I bought from DC comixology. Can you point out what actual issue this happened in?

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Hmm..maybe it's not in the trade that I bought from DC comixology. Can you point out what actual issue this happened in?
    spoilers:

BM_5_Page_3_57b60f43c39f89.34400224.jpg
    Batman-5-DC-Comics-Rebirth-Spoilers-8.jpg
    end of spoilers

King talks about their future relationship here too, https://www.newsarama.com/30684-tom-...he-future.html.

In issue 4, when Claire has been attacked by Psycho Pirate, Duke comforts her. In issue 5, she has blue narration over the scenes of her fighting her brother, saying "Later, after we were married, after Bruce did what he did, after he died how he died, after I, after I killed him, I mean. Duke and I, we'd come here once a year, on the anniversary of my brother's death. Just to take time to remember. Remember that this is where it started. The origin of Gotham Girl. The Death of Batman." Then, in issue #6, Duke expresses particular concern for her using her powers even though they're killing her.

I'm still super confused about "The Death of Batman." Cause...we just did that. Twice.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

Millernumber1, do you reckon they will actually end up married at somepoint in the nearish future. Just interested too hear your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Yep and to get back to that I hope his solo is going to feature the WAR kids as part of his supporting cast. I miss Riko, Dre and Isabella and would like to see more of them. What other things are people looking forward to with this book?
    I want Claire to teach him how to use powers, if only because a non-natural meta explaining it to a natural one is interesting for me. The WAR kids are obvious, so is Julie Madison, his parents, possibly the Immortal Men a little, Daryl... and many old and new characters.

Mighty Member

I've said it before but I think Duke could seriously have his own really good supporting cast.

He's already got Gotham Girl as a love interest, as they are supposed to end up married in the future. So I'd like to see her appear in his book.

The WAR kids aswell, could and should definitely appear. A Duke solo book would be an awesome place to continue their stories.

Plus other characters who could appear such as Julie Madison, the Organisation Dukes mum was part of and of course all the Batfamily and its supporting characters who could appear.
    Daryl, too, in addition to all of the above. After all, the guy does scream personal villain of Duke's so best to make some of use of him in that regard.

EDIT: Korath mentioned it first.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-14-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Millernumber1, do you reckon they will actually end up married at somepoint in the nearish future. Just interested too hear your opinion
    Well, listening to the Word Balloon podcast with Tom King, he doesn't mention the Death of Batman or Duke and Claire at all, and in fact, War of Jokes and Riddles was NOT originally supposed to be in the main Batman title, it was originally a 12 issue miniseries that he was going to do with Gerards (which was replaced with Mr. Miracle). So my guess is all the Duke and Claire and Death of Batman stuff is supposed to happen after the War of Jokes and Riddles now.

Incredible Member

Duke is in the list of "Roll Call! Six Characters to Keep an Eye On During Dark Nights: Metal" by DC.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/07...k-Nights-Metal

Quote Originally Posted by yohyoi View Post
    Duke is in the list of "Roll Call! Six Characters to Keep an Eye On During Dark Nights: Metal" by DC.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/07...k-Nights-Metal
    Cool, wonder if this means Duke will be in Metal. He hasn't been in any of the art released so far.

Incredible Member

It confirms that he will play a big part in Metal. He is the signal of something.

His costume really grew on me. Honestly, I would be extremely sad to see it go away now. I also like the fact that he may operate mainly during the day, it's an interesting take for a Bar-family member, I think.
    Last edited by Korath; 07-15-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Just a reminder, folks - this is an Appreciation thread, not a debate thread and not a place to go talking about what you don't like.

Appreciate, please
    Gaelforce
    Superman/Wonder Woman/TV Film Forum Moderator
    Keeper of the Watering Can

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Just a reminder, folks - this is an Appreciation thread, not a debate thread and not a place to go talking about what you don't like.

Appreciate, please
    Thanks Gail! I appreciate the cleanup.

So has there been any hints on who the creative team was going to be for The Signal? I know they haven't outright said it yet but I wonder if maybe they gave some possible clues. They will need to be some major hitters for sure with Snyder not doing it.