Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748 LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 719
  1. #661
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    Actually if you look at it from another angle pretty much all superhero names have a certain lameness, if you want to call it that, to them and fans would probably react to most of them the same way these days if writers were to come up with names like Batman for example. Is Batman in and of itself any less lame of a name than The Signal? I don't believe so.
    This is a more nuanced explanation of what I was getting at when I said The Signal has a Gold/Silver Age comic booky aesthetic to the name.

    I also agree that under that light, you kinda have to start calling most, if not all, Superhero names as "odd" or "lame" and so forth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    Edited............having trouble posting images for some reason.
    Aw. I wonder what the issue is?

    Are they web links or attachments from the computer?
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-03-2017 at 08:37 PM.

  2. #662

    Default




    I also notice a slight change to the nose area. A more helmet look than a mask.

    I hadn't been much into Batman but The Signal is drawing me in.
    Last edited by Black Lightning; 09-04-2017 at 06:59 AM.

  3. #663
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valens View Post
    I really like the idea of Duke as a daytime superhero in Gotham.

    I think The Signal is a dumb name.
    What happened to Lark?

  4. #664
    Mighty Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What happened to Lark?
    Thankfully binned. Signal might not be the best but it's much better than Lark.

  5. #665
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What happened to Lark?
    Snyder said on Twitter DC wanted a more marketable name or something like that, I'm paraphrasing though since it's been a while since I saw the tweet so I may not be right.

  6. #666

    Default

    I think the problem with the name comes from the hype behind the reveal rather than the name itself.

  7. #667
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post



    I also notice a slight change to the nose area. A more helmet look than a mask.

    I hadn't been much into Batman but The Signal is drawing me in.
    I legit did not know there was even a difference/an updated version, as I thought the pointed mask portion was what it was meant to be. I gotta compare it to that concept art sheet that site had posted.

    EDIT: The concept art has the extended mask look. Maybe that's been changed?

    'The Signal' design by Cully Hamner.jpg

    Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think the problem with the name comes from the hype behind the reveal rather than the name itself.
    For those who had a problem with the name, not counting the avid haters, it seemed to be the reverse of what you said, if neither.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 09-04-2017 at 04:40 PM.

  8. #668

    Default

    This is the updated look:


  9. #669
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Snyder said on Twitter DC wanted a more marketable name or something like that, I'm paraphrasing though since it's been a while since I saw the tweet so I may not be right.
    and the signal is more maketable?

    Why not Beacon orsomthing

  10. #670
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    This is the updated look:

    Ah, I see. Thanks. I'd have never noticed that the look was updated 'til previews or the issue itself came out otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    and the signal is more maketable?

    Why not Beacon orsomthing
    When you get that far, the question then becomes "why not anything/everything?", I feel. "The Signal" ties into what they want to tie into for Duke's character, and in the end, that's what they chose. Likely, it's more symbolic than "Beacon," too.

  11. #671

    Default

    I think trademarking must come into play. Look at Batwing. A newer character but with a name that they already had on lock. Now we've got The Signal which was also already in the bat-branding.

    Seems like an efficient use of names to market off of that won't cost them anything.

    Also, I love the reflective chest emblem.

  12. #672
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
    I think trademarking must come into play. Look at Batwing. A newer character but with a name that they already had on lock. Now we've got The Signal which was also already in the bat-branding.

    Seems like an efficient use of names to market off of that won't cost them anything.

    Also, I love the reflective chest emblem.
    I definitely agree that Trademarks and Copyrights likely was a part of the name choice.

  13. #673
    Incredible Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    622

    Default

    So, the sollicitations for December have given us some clue about what B&TS will be about.

    BATMAN AND THE SIGNAL #2
    As Bruce Wayne fulfills his corporate duties at Wayne Industries, Duke Thomas (a.k.a. the Signal) embraces his role as Gotham City's daytime protector while battling a deadly new rogues gallery. Could these teenage villains be connected to the recent metahuman population boom in the Narrows? To find out, the Signal must learn to work with a different kind of ally... the GCPD!
    RATED T+

    What do you expect to see in the Narrows, what kind of villain would Duke face ?

  14. #674

    Default

    I'm guessing its someone like Darryl, he got superpowers from Mr. Bloom's drug.

  15. #675
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So, the sollicitations for December have given us some clue about what B&TS will be about.

    BATMAN AND THE SIGNAL #2
    As Bruce Wayne fulfills his corporate duties at Wayne Industries, Duke Thomas (a.k.a. the Signal) embraces his role as Gotham City's daytime protector while battling a deadly new rogues gallery. Could these teenage villains be connected to the recent metahuman population boom in the Narrows? To find out, the Signal must learn to work with a different kind of ally... the GCPD!
    RATED T+

    What do you expect to see in the Narrows, what kind of villain would Duke face ?
    Will be interesting going back into the narrows, I wonder why meta humans are coming from there? Maybe Daryl broke out of prison?


    Also, I really hope this book sells well and Duke can get a ongoing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •