Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Do you mean 'I am Gotham'? Cause I think it was at the end of the first arc rather than the second.

Also I really think a Duke and Gotham Girl marriage could be pretty interesting. While their is a few married characters in DC, I dont think their are any young married couples, could be a pretty interesting angle. (What age are Duke and Gotham Girl anyway? 18-19? Or something). Also it would be interesting to see how Duke would react to being married to someone who dies when they use their powers - you could have some drama/tragedy their.
    Not sure on Claire's age, as it's left kinda vague, but Duke's a little young to be getting married, especially at 17.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-11-2017 at 03:41 AM.

Amazing Member

Why has Duke been missing out of the main Batman series with Tom King?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    I think King used Duke as a courtesy to Snyder and he was the only one without a book but now Snyder is using him in Metal so he's focusing on other stories he wanted to tell.

you could also try asking King on his twitter why.

Well, he just appeared in I Am Bane. The big story is involving catwoman and is a flashback right now, so it doesn't make sense for Duke to have a big role. I'm guessing he'll show back up next arc

BANNED

Was he really that bad to Riko.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    No. Definitely not.

Honestly, I'm surprised to hear that being said.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    "That bad" - I mean, I'm more annoyed than angry with his character, but I don't think he was really great to her.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Reviews

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    "That bad" - I mean, I'm more annoyed than angry with his character, but I don't think he was really great to her.
    It's like you said earlier. You're biased in favor of Riko. In this case, it's making you see their situation in a more negatively exaggerated fashion on Duke's part. It's actually really unfair, specifically to spread it around like he was being a dog towards her simply because he wasn't as straightforward towards Riko as you'd have preferred.

Really now, the more I dwell on it, the more I realize how unfair it is to go about it like that.

1) If you think I'm wrong, that's fine. But this is an appreciation of a fictional character, not a gossip club.

2) I didn't say he was the worst ever. I just said I don't think he treated her well. He was interested in Izzy, but knew that Riko wanted to connect with him, and refused to contact her until he bumped into her and couldn't avoid her anymore. If he's not interested in Riko, that's not his fault, and doesn't make him bad. I simply think his avoidance of her wasn't very kind on his part.

3) That being said, I think there are two real problems in this relationship - one is the writing, was was very inconsistent for all of the characters in We Are Robin, and two is that Duke was under incredible stress from the discovery of his parents situation, the attack of the Owls in Robin War, the death of Troy - it's no wonder he didn't want to deal with the stress of Riko's crush. But he didn't deal with it, and that hurt Riko. That's all I'm saying.

Please don't put words in my mouth in a negatively exaggerated fashion anymore than you want me to do the same to Duke's behavior.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, by Aaron Allston
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown, Batgirl, by Bryan Q. Miller

Astonishing Member

Heh. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Heh. Who cares?
    Um. People who are posting in the Duke Thomas Appreciation thread?

Um. People who are posting in the Duke Thomas Appreciation thread?
    Theirs alot to be excited about tomorrow!

Theirs alot to be excited about tomorrow!
    Do we have confirmation that Duke is in anything except Dark Days: The Casting?

Do we have confirmation that Duke is in anything except Dark Days: The Casting?
    I think hes just in it! But from what ive heard it sounds epic and pretty crazy!

I think hes just in it! But from what ive heard it sounds epic and pretty crazy!
    That is the word. What do you think Duke will do, now that he and Hal have discovered the Joker in the Batcave?