Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Nope, but I would still claim that she is way more prominent than Luke or any of the other new 52 Batfamily additions. And they already did a a Batwoman movie before (Mystery of the Batwoman), so at least the mantle is not completely obscure.
    Again I wasn't sure how prominent she was and I believe you guys when you say she was prominent but it was still unexpected and they let us know her sexual orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    QFT.

And I gotta say, as someone still mostly on the fence when it comes to Duke, him getting to appear before Cass would not do him any favors for me.
    Yes, I don't want Duke before Cass. Cassandra can be introduced relatively easily, would tie in with the Light (I mean, come on, Shiva obviously deserve to be a part of it, at least as the right hand woman of Ra's). Duke is harder to do, and seriously, I wouldn't understand it, should he appear in animation before her.

Mighty Member

QFT.

And I gotta say, as someone still mostly on the fence when it comes to Duke, him getting to appear before Cass would not do him any favors for me.
    Such a thing wouldn't be on Duke's shoulders, though, so it wouldn't make any sense to scapegoat him (and that's assuming it even happens in the first place).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    Duke has been around a few years now how long before he appears in other media like animation or live action?
    I would expect animation before live action.

In some Batman centric cartoon or maybe Justice Action in a cameo. Or Dc Super Hero Girls show.

I think his media stance depends on Miles Morales's animate movie, Black Panther film and Young Justice cartoon on Netflix.

Since Dc is so REACTIVE instead of proactive.

No, DC isn't interested in diversity. They're interested in promoting token characters (some of whom ARE good characters), but not diversity as a whole.
    I will say this-if we get a Batman movie or Justice League 2 happens-I would not be shocked if we see the Bat Cave and Duke is playing on the computer.

DC does seem to be happy with tokens than fully developed POC.

I don't know Batwing and Batwoman got the call up in Bad Blood [out of the blue imo] making me believe that right now DC is quite diversity focused.
    It depends on when that movie was greenlight and production started.

I think it takes about 6-8 months to do animation in some cases. If we saw footage in October 2015, I would say they started early 2014. Luke was in the suit for about 10 issues if that was the case.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would expect animation before live action.

In some Batman centric cartoon or maybe Justice Action in a cameo. Or Dc Super Hero Girls show.

I think his media stance depends on Miles Morales's animate movie, Black Panther film and Young Justice cartoon on Netflix.

Since Dc is so REACTIVE instead of proactive.

I will say this-if we get a Batman movie or Justice League 2 happens-I would not be shocked if we see the Bat Cave and Duke is playing on the computer.

DC does seem to be happy with tokens than fully developed POC.

It depends on when that movie was greenlight and production started.

I think it takes about 6-8 months to do animation in some cases. If we saw footage in October 2015, I would say they started early 2014. Luke was in the suit for about 10 issues if that was the case.
    The biggest problem with DC is that they are pretty much locked in to who their pillars are; Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. Marvel on the other hand is willing to adjust and adapt yeah Cap, Thor and Iron Man are important but they aren't the central focus Wolverine, Spider-Man and Hulk get love too and now they appear to be centering phase 3 on BP, Dr. Strange and Capt Marvel. I highly dubt DC would ever shift to Shazam, Black Lighting and Hawkgirl in any of their next phases just because they are not built that way.

Like outside of BL and maybe a few others all of the other characters who have potential and who are PoC are tied to Supes, Bats,WW and to an extent GL theyre like the unspoken gatekeepers of that side.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    The biggest problem with DC is that they are pretty much locked in to who their pillars are; Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. Marvel on the other hand is willing to adjust and adapt yeah Cap, Thor and Iron Man are important but they aren't the central focus Wolverine, Spider-Man and Hulk get love too and now they appear to be centering phase 3 on BP, Dr. Strange and Capt Marvel. I highly dubt DC would ever shift to Shazam, Black Lighting and Hawkgirl in any of their next phases just because they are not built that way.

Like outside of BL and maybe a few others all of the other characters who have potential and who are PoC are tied to Supes, Bats,WW and to an extent GL theyre like the unspoken gatekeepers of that side.
    They can be your pillars.

You just have to understand it can't be all about them all the time.

The world did not end when folks lost their minds over Black Panther trailer. I have heard NOTHING negative about that movie unlike a certain JL movie.

Sooner or alter you have to deal with BURN OUT and Dc has to accept that.

While it's interesting to see Batman and friends dominate the top 20 of sales last month but how does that help anyone else?

Duke who BARELY appears in Batman books is DC's top "selling" POC since he's in that book. That's an issue.

You know who the top DC minority trade at amazon is? New Superman. He's 95 under DC trades but 1430 under all superhero trades. Excluding Mosaic (Prowler too but he was a top trade seller in June)-every other Marvel POC ranks higher.

You have to build up others.

And LOL at this-

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Signal...and+the+signal

#537 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Publishers > DC
    #3640 in Books > Comics & Graphic Novels > Graphic Novels > Superheroes
    #22914 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy
    This book is not even out as floppies and it's higher in some places than others. Especially the other POC books of DC.

When is that antalogy volume where Duke and Jason will be training is due to come out again?
    White Tiger P.O.C
    https://vimeo.com/195242203

"Take your clowns and get out!"
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec7a9a0c...e68o1_1280.png

I don`t care
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FPkrddyP0v...s1600/02-4.png

"Second star to the right... and straight on till morning"
    http://www.benreillytribute.x10host....BenGrieves.jpg

I think it's in November, but I'm probably confusing it with his first issue for the mini.

Mighty Member

QFT.

Understandable, but this is a Duke appreciation thread, not a Cass appreciation thread, so I wouldn't recommend making comments like that here when it can be better use in a Cass appreciation thread.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Understandable, but this is a Duke appreciation thread, not a Cass appreciation thread, so I wouldn't recommend making comments like that here when it can be better use in a Cass appreciation thread.
    It's not an insult but a legit concern.

You got Cass with her background and proven success. Duke is still in the works.

So from a business point using Cass first would seem right but Duke would be an easier add on-especially if you use the Joker. You have a built in reason to add him. Even if you have Robin running around.

Cass only saw sucess as Batgirl. As Orphan her marketability is as unproven as the Signals, but Orphan doesn't have a name like Snyder in her corner.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    When is that antalogy volume where Duke and Jason will be training is due to come out again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think it's in November, but I'm probably confusing it with his first issue for the mini.
    It's definitely in November. I'm pretty sure a different week, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Cass only saw sucess as Batgirl.
    Of course she did. DC has never given her the chance to succeed as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    As Orphan her marketability is as unproven as the Signals, but Orphan doesn't have a name like Snyder in her corner.
    Well thankfully 'Orphan' doesn't need marketability since it won't be sticking around, and love him or hate him, while few writers reach Snyder level of BIG, DC's clearly at least trying to make Tynion a big name.
    Last edited by Assam; Today at 04:37 PM.
    World's Biggest Cassandra Cain Fan

"Don't we at the very least deserve the right to exist?" - Doctor 13: Architecture and Morality

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's not an insult but a legit concern.

You got Cass with her background and proven success. Duke is still in the works.

So from a business point using Cass first would seem right but Duke would be an easier add on-especially if you use the Joker. You have a built in reason to add him. Even if you have Robin running around.
    Except this isn't a Cass thread, that's the point. That's not to say that Cass shouldn't get a showing, she definitely should. But to say that Duke should go later than Cass doesn't match in an appreciation thread where the entire focus is to have Duke shine as high as possible without interruptions from others. So it's perfectly fine to think that Cass should go first before Duke, I'm just saying that doesn't belong in a Duke appreciation thread.