View Poll Results: Favorite Young X men / Next generation X men Team?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • New Mutants

63 43.15%
  • X Terminators

6 4.11%
  • Generation X

50 34.25%
  • New X men

73 50.00%
  • Generation Hope (five lights)

8 5.48%
  • JGS Students (Wolverine and the X men)

6 4.11%
  • NXS Students (Mutant revolution)

9 6.16%
  • All new X men (Original X men, RAAAAGE)

10 6.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Haven't checked the thread in a while, THRILLED by beautiful New X-men are winning. I wish Marvel noticed how popular they are, how popular Hellion is, over Quentine f*ckin' Quire and Glob (seriously, who LIKES Glob???)
    #TeamDust #TeamHellion #TeamAnole
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

It's also nice to see the X-Terminators doing so poorly. I think the reason we lost so many good New Mutant characters in the late '80s was Simonson trying to make room on the team for those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Judicata View Post
    New Mutants, a really under rated book IMO. I've managed to collect 40 of the first 60 issues from the $1 comic bins, having a lot of fun with it lol
    It is excellent! Louise's version of the characters is a bit jarring after Claremont, but the first 54 issues are superlative!

I recently read the X-Terminator mini from around Inferno, and I must say, Taki is like, the most underrated teen mutant I have ever encountered! He is far overdue for a revisit. He would kill in the modern day!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    It's also nice to see the X-Terminators doing so poorly. I think the reason we lost so many good New Mutant characters in the late '80s was Simonson trying to make room on the team for those guys.
    I gotta say, I like Taki. I was even warmed up to Boom Boom in their mini. And Ritcher was always cool. But yeah, Illyana reverting to a babe was lazy. Louise has some skills, but she's also kinda hokey. Darkchilde was just warming up!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    But yeah, Illyana reverting to a babe was lazy. Louise has some skills, but she's also kinda hokey. Darkchilde was just warming up!
    I have to agree with this. I feel like, even though it was kinda cool that Illyana could get a do-over like that, it felt like a huge cop-out, and definitely robbed us of what could've been some fantastic Magik stories in the 90s. Could you imagine her on X-Force?

I will conceded that Taki was great, and well ahead of his time. However, Boom Boom and Rictor were not worth loosing Magma, Cipher, Magik and Mirage. (And Karma, although that's technically Claremont's fault.) Don't get me wrong, I came to like them, but not as much as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I will conceded that Taki was great, and well ahead of his time. However, Boom Boom and Rictor were not worth loosing Magma, Cipher, Magik and Mirage. (And Karma, although that's technically Claremont's fault.) Don't get me wrong, I came to like them, but not as much as the others.
    Certainly not a fair trade.

I just about lost it when Taki was negotiating organic snacks and baby supplies from N'astirh(after he had just let his demons eat that police officer)! Balls of steel!

Heh. I may have to reread that soon. I'm thinking of rereading the whole New Mutants v1 run. Might as well throw those in, too.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Haven't checked the thread in a while, THRILLED by beautiful New X-men are winning. I wish Marvel noticed how popular they are, how popular Hellion is, over Quentine f*ckin' Quire and Glob (seriously, who LIKES Glob???)
    #TeamDust #TeamHellion #TeamAnole
    Exactly what I've been saying. Hellion is currently the most popular of the recent young X-Men/X-Kids. Why they don't use him, and his teammates, nobody knows.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Exactly what I've been saying. Hellion is currently the most popular of the recent young X-Men/X-Kids. Why they don't use him, and his teammates, nobody knows.
    Because they are still riding Grant Morrison's you-know-what's. I always found his character designs more weird for weirdness sake than functional. But some writers want that silly connection.

BANNED

Hellion the most popular?
    Surge disagrees!

I think it's about time we make a poll of who's the most popular new X men

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Hellion the most popular?
    Surge disagrees!

I think it's about time we make a poll of who's the most popular new X men
    We have done so many times, and Hellion wins damn near every time.

It's awesome!

BANNED

We have done so many times, and Hellion wins damn near every time.

It's awesome!
    I don't think this contest is over yet, TooFlyToFail, if that's your real name, there's still something called the swimsuit competition!

Oh jeez,... Hellion wins that one too... Damn you woods...

So much love for the NXM and yet I wouldn't be surprised if the new Generation X book features all new writer pets and rando sight gags like Glob Herman. And when the title inevitably fails, we'll get another hot serving of "Well, teen X-Men books just don't sell!"

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    I don't think this contest is over yet, TooFlyToFail, if that's your real name, there's still something called the swimsuit competition!

Oh jeez,... Hellion wins that one too... Damn you woods...
    It's okay, it's inevitable.

Hellion's simply....TooFlyToFail.