Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Where did you find all this stuff? That's awesome!
    Well, that's just the result of me being an inquisitive fan eversince before the '90s I guess.

The leading information channels prior to 2004 have been the then existing "Hellboy.com" website curated by one Jonell Napper, featuring a Publication List as consisting of all the various editions by their printings.

There was a "Wraithspace Comixology" website containing a sort of thorough Mignola bibliography.
    And another website called "the Art of Mignola" curated by one Nick Warmack.

Plus the magazine "Comic Book Artist #23" (TwoMorrows Publications) coming with a then (mostly) complete Hell-verse bibliography.

By following it all or trying to, for Hellboy eversince 1995 and for Mignola since the 1980s, I've tried to collect and enjoy it all, with mapping out all of what would have come to be available. I don't have everything but a whole lot and I at least know of all books and editions and stuffs out there.

There's not a trick or treat I wouldn't be willing to share on here. Although as far as all the different merch or t-shirts and Convention exclusives I do draw a certain line for myself. Because there is just too much of that to keep up with. But chances are I would know of just about all of that stuff.

Are there any others?
    If you want I can just go on posting all existing TPB covers for Hellboy? Not the international translated ones 'though because there'd be too much of that.
    And I'm lazy.
    But now I gotta tend to be doing my housecleaning big time. And I'm lazy, so I mope while I mop.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-21-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Geez! There's this one too!
    That is the PVC figures and HC set.

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    If you want I can just go on posting all existing TPB covers for Hellboy? Not the international translated ones 'though because there'd be too much of that.
    Yeah, no need for the international ones, but I'd love to see the others when you feel up for posting them.

So all of the first five all have variations in their covers? I had no idea! I just assumed (quite wrongly) that all the different print runs were on the Dark Horse site (excluding exclusives).
    Not sure about Hellboy: the Chained Coffin AOS. Or either Hellboy: the Right Hand of Doom, but my guess would be that each necessary new printing would have gotten its own cover, if opportunity permitted it. Like I'd guess that a new printing becomes needed due to being to sell out, which in itself would seem a festive thing.
    Plus all the various covers coming to be as such would be denoting how dedicated and catery Dark Horse would be as a publisher towards their clientele?

Yeah, no need for the international ones, but I'd love to see the others when you feel up for posting them.
    'Kay. Now I mop, *grmmmbl&pant*....

Yeah Kees, this is some awesome stuff

I made a list:

The KeezL Hellboy *collected digest edition* publication list:

- Hellboy: Seed of Destruction TPB / DH / 1st Edition, oct 1994 (with added content);
    - Hellboy: Seed of Destruction Limited Signed & Numbered HC with Slipcase Edition / DH / march 1995 (with colored bookplate + 15-page portfolio and a leatherette-embossed vignette cover);
    - Hellboy: Seed of Destruction TPB / DH / 2nd Printing, june 1997 (with newly added content);
    - Hellboy: Seed of Destruction TPB / DH / 3d Printing, nov 2003;
    - Hellboy Vol. 1: Seed of Destruction TPB / DH / red cover reprint, feb 2004;
    - Hellboy: Seed of Destruction "Custom Edition" / "Digest Format" TPB / DH / dec 2006; a pretty weird edition as never featured on the Dark Horse website - buyer beware!
    - Hellboy: Seed of Destruction Limited HC PVC figure set / DH / june 2008;

- Hellboy: the Wolves of Saint August TPB / DH / First Edition, nov 1995 (+ reprinted covers, altered story panels, unpublished DHP #91 cover);

- Ghost / Hellboy Special TPB / DH / First Edition, jun 1997 (+ bonus content: reprinted covers & some Mignola layout thumbnail sketches);

- Hellboy: Wake the Devil TPB / DH / 1st Edition, jun 1997 (with added content);
    - Hellboy: Wake the Devil TPB / DH / 2nd Printing, "spring" 1999;
    - Hellboy Vol. 2: Wake the Devil TPB / DH / red cover reprint, feb 2004;

- Hellboy: the Chained Coffin and Other Stories TPB / DH / First Edition, aug 1998 (with new story, added/altered pages, sketchbook & pinup section);
    - Hellboy Vol. 3: the Chained Coffin and Other Stories TPB / DH / red cover reprint, feb 2004;

- Hellboy: the Right Hand of Doom TPB / DH / First Edition, april 2000 (with plenty added content);
    - Hellboy Vol. 4: the Right Hand of Doom TPB / DH / red cover reprint, feb 2004;

- Hellboy: Conqueror Worm TPB / DH / First Edition, feb 2001 (with added epilogue and content);
    - Hellboy Vol. 5: Conqueror Worm TPB / DH / red cover reprint, feb 2004;

- Savage Dragon / Hellboy Collected Edition TPB / DH+Image / First Edition, oct 2002 (cover originally came as a 2pg pinup, added covers & pinups reprints);

- Hellboy: Weird Tales Volume 1 TPB / DH / First Edition, dec 2003;
    - Hellboy: Weird Tales Volume 2 TPB / DH / First Edition, oct 2004;

- Hellboy Vol. 6: Strange Places TPB / DH / First Edition, april 2006 (with added epilogue, 13 pages of unused art to an alternate ending);
    - Hellboy Vol. 7: The Troll Witch and Others TPB / DH / First Edition, oct 2007;
    - Hellboy Vol. 8: Darkness Calls TPB / DH / First Edition, may 2008;
    - Hellboy Vol. 9: The Wild Hunt TPB / DH / First Edition, march 2010;
    - Hellboy Vol 10: The Crooked Man and Others TPB / DH / First Edition, june 2010;

- Hellboy: Masks and Monsters TPB / DH / First Edition, oct 2010;

- Hellboy Vol. 11: The Bride of Hell and Others TPB / DH / First Edition, oct 2011;
    - Hellboy Vol. 12: The Storm and The Fury TPB / DH / First Edition, march 2012;

- Hellboy In Hell Vol. 1: the Descent TPB / DH / First Edition, may 2014;
    - Hellboy In Hell Vol. 1: the Descent Exclusive SDCC Edition (oversized?) HC / DH / may? 2014;

[ - Hellboy: Weird Tales HC / DH / First Edition, nov 2014 (no new cover) ].

not included in this list are the 2 illustrated novels, 8 pulp novels, 3 short story collections, the 10 official S/N Mignola sketchbooks,
    the Art Of Mignola HC and SC, the Hellboy Library Editions, the 20 Years of Hellboy HC, any collections without Mignola covers, plus these:

- Dime Press Magazzino Bonnelliano #4 TPB / Glamour International Productions, march 1993;
    - Hellboy: le Diable Dans la Boîte TPB / Delcourt, nov 1999;
    - Mike Mignola's Hellboy Sourcebook and Roleplaying Game TPB / Steve Jackson Games Inc, First Edition aug 2002;
    - Mike Mignola's Hellboy Sourcebook and Roleplaying Game HC / Steve Jackson Games Inc, First Edition oct 2002; (leatherette-embossed vignette cover)
    - Hellboy: the Companion TPB / DH, First Edition may 2008;
    - Hellboy: House of the Living Dead HC / DH, First Edition nov 2011;
    - Hellboy: The Midnight Circus HC / DH, First Edition oct 2013;
    - Hellboy and Other Stories Exclusive Artist's Edition (oversized) HC Convention Edition 2014 / IDW, july 2014;
    - Hellboy In Hell and Other Stories Artist's Edition (oversized) HC / IDW, First Edition july 2014.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So, since technically the Savage Dragon / Hellboy collected edition, as well as the Weird Tales HC don't feature a new cover, that makes 30 different dedicated Mike Mignola covers in this list. Or 39, or 71, depending what you'd include.
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-07-2014 at 05:05 PM.

I have a friend who may be going to SDCC. If so, I will ask her and her partner (since you can only get 2 per person) to pick up those HCs and then offer them to members here at regular retail, not the BS markup to $80 that people are already asking on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    I have a friend who may be going to SDCC. If so, I will ask her and her partner (since you can only get 2 per person) to pick up those HCs and then offer them to members here at regular retail, not the BS markup to $80 that people are already asking on eBay.
    Grog, if that is the case I am even willing to pay a bit marked up for their time/effort if I can be on the list!

Quote Originally Posted by mscorley View Post
    Grog, if that is the case I am even willing to pay a bit marked up for their time/effort if I can be on the list!
    Ditto! Plus, I'm in Canada. Post can be a bit of a hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post

One of the few years I wish I was going to SDCC

Quote Originally Posted by mscorley View Post

One of the few years I wish I was going to SDCC
    Oh man... That'd be awesome.

Hellboy should team-up with some of the Project black Sky characters. It would be awesome!
    "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else. - Halle Berry as Storm"

Ongoing solo, Storm #1: 7/23/2014
    Ongoing solo, Squirrel Girl #1: January 2015

Try Project Black Sky (Dark Horse): Blackout, Brain Boy, Captain Midnight, Ghost, The Occultist, Skyman & X

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm, Hollow, Apocalypse, Squirrel Girl, Wolverine, Darkhawk, Superboy-Prime, Larfleeze, Static, Lady Shiva & X

I can snag an extra of the Hellboy in Hell book for someone. All I ask is that you pay in advance. PM me.