Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I wouldn't mind this series all that much if stuff actually happened. So far, nothing's happened in these 6 issues that couldn't have been told in 3. The first Civil War event has a lot of problems, but a faithful adaptation would probably need 3 hours or so. This entire event could be told in a 30 minute TV episode so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    she didn't get anyone killed. you're spreading propaganda. be better than that.
    She's the leader of the entire faction that is for using Ulysses' visions. As the leader, the burden of accountability falls on her shoulders. While Rhodey would have come anyway, she knowingly put him on the front line against Thanos in an armor that was nowhere near up to par with him. And when it came to Banner, it was her pushing to follow these visions which ended up putting Bruce in the cross hairs. Even after all the negative that's come from her depending solely on the visions and the fact that, as T'Challa said, the visions have become less and less reliable, she still blindly follows them as fact. Face it, Carol is not in the right and at this point is causing more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
    you guys remember Alison Greene? The catalyst for this fight and apparently a huge terrorist out to destroy America?

neither does anybody else apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm still expecting her to come out like "Surprise, bitch" as a Hydra agent and Carol be like "I told you so". But I guess that was really just supposed to make Carol look bad.
    HydraCap's tie-in showed that she was actually completely innocent of being a Hydra agent, so her entire role in this was to prove that Ulysses' visions actually can be outright wrong and that Carol is starting to arrest innocent people without due process.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    HydraCap's tie-in showed that she was actually completely innocent of being a Hydra agent, so her entire role in this was to prove that Ulysses' visions actually can be outright wrong and that Carol is starting to arrest innocent people without due process.
    Wait... that plot point was resolved in a tie-in? Oh come on! Really? Why? Why couldn't the event comic resolve that plot point, since it was the one to introduce it?
    Opinions may vary in quality.

Current Manga Reviews: Twin Star Exorcists Vol. 3, Library Wars Vol. 15 and Inuyashiki Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Credit should really go to Nick Spencer for building his story about HydraCap by using CWII elements to enrich the story he's got planned.
    I meant for Nick Spencer to be included when I said Marvel but you know you are right, 100% credit should go to Nick Spencer.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Wait... that plot point was resolved in a tie-in? Oh come on! Really? Why? Why couldn't the event comic resolve that plot point, since it was the one to introduce it?
    'Cuz people need to read tie-ins.

Because it really isn't vital.

All that was vital to the core story was that the vision was wrong.

Knowing why it was wrong doesnt really matter.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I meant for Nick Spencer to be included when I said Marvel but you know you are right, 100% credit should go to Nick Spencer.
    Considering all of this got hashed out at a writers summit, seems like this was always the plan.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    She's the leader of the entire faction that is for using Ulysses' visions.
    she wasn't when they pursued Thanos. she was answering to a committee. she wasn't Rhodey's boss, either. he volunteered. Thanos needed to be stop; visions or no. Carol had nothing to do with the death.

As the leader, the burden of accountability falls on her shoulders.
    not from a moral standpoint. not from a legal standpoint. that's just your personal take on it. you might as well be blaming Tony Stark for giving Rhodey the armor.

While Rhodey would have come anyway, she knowingly put him on the front line against Thanos in an armor that was nowhere near up to par with him.
    Rhodey showed up in a state of the art armor with a Thanos-killer weapon; that put She-Hulk in a coma. think about it. Thanos just got the better of him. it's a risk that every appointed superhero takes by trying to protect the world. hell, just how many people has Spider-man gotten killed; using your standards of culpability? didn't he lead the charge against the Inheritors?

And when it came to Banner, it was her pushing to follow these visions which ended up putting Bruce in the cross hairs.
    that's garbage. Carol had no reasonable expectation of Banner being killed. she made no order to attack him. Clint was acting independently and with Banner's cooperation. Carol had no knowledge of the Hulk-killer arrow. she came to discover Banner messing around with gamma radiation. the only people responsible for his death are Bruce Banner and Clint Barton.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Rhodey showed up in a state of the art armor with a Thanos-killer weapon; that put She-Hulk in a coma. think about it. Thanos just got the better of him. it's a risk that every appointed superhero takes by trying to protect the world. hell, just how many people has Spider-man gotten killed; using your standards of culpability? didn't he lead the charge against the Inheritors?
    State of the art? Rhodey had recently complained that the War Machine armour needed an update. It was old!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    State of the art? Rhodey had recently complained that the War Machine armour needed an update. It was old!
    again, he had a weapon specifically designed to take out Thanos. it was strong enough to take out a hulk. his armor is more advanced than anything that we have in the real world. and they had the advantage of prep time. if someone was going to prepare Rhodey, it would not have been Carol Danvers. it would have been Tony Stark and Rhodey, himself.

My disgust keeps on increasing with every issue lol! Like Bendis continues to pile on more reasons to dislike Captain Marvel.

I'm disappointed in Storm for actually thinking what T'Challa did was a betrayal. This is not a competition Storm.

The best part is Medusa and Co. teleporting away leaving deaf Carol looking dumb
    Last edited by N'Dare; 10-26-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Wow this is an awful comic. I really just don't know what Marvel is doing here. Carol as really been turned into an unlikable character, and her position is ultimately untenable, if not theoretically indefensible. No Carol, it is never ok to arrest people for what they might someday, maybe, kind of be involved in. Without any evidence but the word of a random guy who has visions. Visions, the mechanics of which have been much speculated about but are ultimately unknowable.

You make T'challa look like a complete buffoon. I mean, we're really supposed to believe that one of Marvel's brightest minds didn't think this issue through far enough to see where it was inevitably going?

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    And Kitty after being desperately trying to make contact with the X-mens ignores when Storm and the others stood before her?
    Kitty is talking with Magik in the background of the GotG tie-ins.

Well sales don't really mean quality (Transformers movies for instance), but it's not a very good event. It's certainly not the worse event Marvel has ever made (Axis will always be number 1), but it's not very well executed. It has trouble making both sides equal or likable times, there's stupid plot decisions, it's letting other comics do most of the heavy lifting for story and character development, it's tiresome with yet another hero vs. hero conflict, and there's a lot of minor problems that keep popping up that add up after a while.

Not the worst event by any means, but it's still not that well-written. If the artwork wasn't so good, this would be a lot more irritating to sit through.
    I'm not able to do a plot analysis of Civil War 2 yet, because it's not finished, but there are only certain ways you can construct a story where you have a future predictor. I suspect you can't do an all out war like CW1, and have to try to keep it in the parameters of having one side disagree with Ulysses, while another has to justify their pro stance. I think it would be difficult to do, so on the face of it, the story has all the elements of a hunger for being able to stop bad things from happening, and, a suspicion that that's the wrong thing to do. But I'll have to examine it as a piece of literature after all the pieces have been layed out.