Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657
    Astonishing Member
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Bug! Adventures of Forager; Deathstroke; Doom Patrol; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Mister Miracle; Superman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

This makes me kind of miss the old members of CBR who would argue about this kind of stuff.
    They would say something about Magneta always being bipolar (see what I did there) and these were not real memories or something
    Last edited by upgrayedd; 02-03-2018 at 10:27 AM.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    This makes me kind of miss the old members of CBR who would argue about this kind of stuff.
    They would say something about Magneta always being bipolar (see what I did there) and these were not real memories or something
    I think the more likely response would be that they're just memories so far, which is fair. But then the response to that would be that Rebirth has made it clear that those memories are from moments taken from this timeline, not some parallel universe's timeline, and the entire point of Rebirth has seemingly been to restore those moments to the timeline.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 02-03-2018 at 11:24 AM.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

DC Pulls - Action Comics; Bug! Adventures of Forager; Deathstroke; Doom Patrol; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Mister Miracle; Superman

Marvel Pulls - Captain America; The Mighty Thor

Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

Spectacular Member TruthAndJustice's Avatar

Yep. I'm sure the official origin of the JL(A) is returning to what it was before the reboot. Sure, Cyborg joined the JL at some point. He even did that before the New 52. But he wasn't a founder. I'm betting that lots of New 52-era JL/JLA stories are being "over-written." Can't say I mind.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

For what it's worth, the latest issue of Justice League re-affirmed that Cyborg founded the League, so let's not go celebrating the demise of the New 52 Justice League origin yet

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    For what it's worth, the latest issue of Justice League re-affirmed that Cyborg founded the League, so let's not go celebrating the demise of the New 52 Justice League origin yet
    Man...does the left hand know what the right hand is doing in terms of continuity over at DC Comics?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Man...does the left hand know what the right hand is doing in terms of continuity over at DC Comics?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    To be fair, I honestly think the point of all this is that the continuity of the DCU is in complete chaos. This was made explicit in the JLA's overlong Microverse arc that literally showed its residents being erased, rewritten and rebooted by timestorms caused by Manhattan's theft of the ten years of time.

However, I think they need to sort out the Cyborg/Martian Manhunter/New Teen Titans fiasco quickly. If it was generating great new stories, I might be in favor of it, but there's nothing that's been added by removing J'Onn and the NTT from history and making Cyborg a founder rather than a long-standing member of the League.