Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104
Results 1,546 to 1,558 of 1558
  1. #1546
    Astonishing Member Captain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,143

    Default

    I haven't been keeping up with Infinity Countdown, what is Hank's current status? I wish he would just come back alreday.

  2. #1547
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with Infinity Countdown, what is Hank's current status? I wish he would just come back alreday.
    Ultron got his hands on the Soul Stone in #1 and used it seal away the Pym portion of himself inside SoulWorld.

  3. #1548
    Astonishing Member Mary Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Microverse
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I haven't been keeping up with Infinity Countdown, what is Hank's current status? I wish he would just come back alreday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Ultron got his hands on the Soul Stone in #1 and used it seal away the Pym portion of himself inside SoulWorld.
    Not quite.

    The story rather goes: Ultron got his hand on the Soul Stone and while grabbing it, it shocked Ultron and Hank's soul got trapped in Soul World. Ultron didn't use the gem for anything, he doesn't even seem to realize that Hank is gone. We haven't seen Hank since, but he seemed utterly upset at what Ultron was doing.

    And yes, it would be time for him to come back... three years is a long time these days.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

    Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

  4. #1549
    Astonishing Member Habis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Not quite.

    The story rather goes: Ultron got his hand on the Soul Stone and while grabbing it, it shocked Ultron and Hank's soul got trapped in Soul World. Ultron didn't use the gem for anything, he doesn't even seem to realize that Hank is gone. We haven't seen Hank since, but he seemed utterly upset at what Ultron was doing.

    And yes, it would be time for him to come back... three years is a long time these days.
    It's old Adam Warlock's lore: The Soul Gem is sentient and will try to suck the soul of those who claim it and control their bodies; if the person is too strong willed to be controlled, the Soul Gem will secretly steal their soul without the user even noticing, which means the Soul Gem user will become cathatonic if separated from the gem...

  5. #1550

    Default

    so then it's not just Ultron in a Pym costume. he had Pym's soul.
    Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Because its fun, not as fun as the liberal meltdown but close
    11/10/2016

  6. #1551
    Astonishing Member Mary Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Microverse
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    so then it's not just Ultron in a Pym costume. he had Pym's soul.
    The way Hank reacted when he got trapped in the gem and saw what Ultron was doing got me thinking he had no control over Ultron whatsoever since the beginning. Seeing him so horrified at Ultron's actions makes me think that if he had any control he would have tried to stop Ultron long ago.

    He had Pym's soul, hidden somewhere deep inside, so deep that he didn't even notice he was gone, apparently.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

    Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

  7. #1552
    Astonishing Member Mary Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Microverse
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    It's old Adam Warlock's lore: The Soul Gem is sentient and will try to suck the soul of those who claim it and control their bodies; if the person is too strong willed to be controlled, the Soul Gem will secretly steal their soul without the user even noticing, which means the Soul Gem user will become cathatonic if separated from the gem...
    That's really interesting! I didn't know that.

    I'm not sure what it means for Ultron or Hank though...
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

    Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

  8. #1553
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,216

    Default

    Maybe they'll bring the real Hank back at the start or end of the next big event as a way to reform the Avengers, as one of the surprise characters...or the Avengers will find out somehow that he's in the gem and try to get him out...

  9. #1554
    Astonishing Member Mary Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Microverse
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Maybe they'll bring the real Hank back at the start or end of the next big event as a way to reform the Avengers, as one of the surprise characters...or the Avengers will find out somehow that he's in the gem and try to get him out...
    The Avengers helping in rescuing Hank? That would be a first
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

    Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

  10. #1555
    Astonishing Member Habis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Adam Warlock mastered the power of the Soul Gem and managed to use it to reincarnate himself, escaping out of the gem...

    I don't think Hank can master the power of the Soul Gem as easily as Adam, but he may be able to find a loophole... he has proved to be able to manipulate mystic energies and dimensions using science rather than magic or psychic power...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    That's really interesting! I didn't know that.

    I'm not sure what it means for Ultron or Hank though...
    spoilers:



    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Habis; 06-15-2018 at 01:04 PM.

  11. #1556
    Astonishing Member Captain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,143

    Default

    So this is huge.

    Hank is getting a new uniform in Future Fight very soon. It's Pymtron.

    He'll finally be updated!

  12. #1557
    Astonishing Member Habis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    I have heard Dr Strange lost his soul due to holding the Soul Gem as part of the Illuminati for a time... Has that been confirmed in canon?

  13. #1558
    Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    So this is huge.

    Hank is getting a new uniform in Future Fight very soon. It's Pymtron.

    He'll finally be updated!

    While I’m not too happy about the choice of costume per se, I am glad he’s being updated. He was very good when he was first added to the game.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •