Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Carol Kane Joins "Gotham's" Growing Cast

Oscar winner Carol Kane takes up residence in "Gotham" as the mother of one of Batman's future arch villains.

Full article here.

I love Carol Kane, so I'm all for this.

My only complaint is "Kapelput"? Really? Did they think Tikettel was too on the nose?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitie View Post

My only complaint is "Kapelput"? Really? Did they think Tikettel was too on the nose?
    Is she meant to be German, though, by that surname?

I don't get it. So is penguin not named cobblepot? And way to tease us with batwoman then jerk it away.
    "Drewbacca?"

I'm sorry I was expecting shadayim

It was a joke. A bad one apparently, but a joke all the same.

I took Kapelput to be her maiden name as her son is listed as "Oswald Cobblepot" on his character poster. I guess he could have changed it, but I'm still so used to the Cobblepots being up there with the Waynes as one of the oldest names in Gotham that I hadn't even thought of the possibility at first.

It was a joke. A bad one apparently, but a joke all the same.

I took Kapelput to be her maiden name as her son is listed as "Oswald Cobblepot" on his character poster. I guess he could have changed it, but I'm still so used to the Cobblepots being up there with the Waynes as one of the oldest names in Gotham that I hadn't even thought of the possibility at first.
    I got it. I was just too asleep at first. Sorry.
    "Drewbacca?"

Moderator / Bounty Hunter ABH-1979's Avatar

Interesting that they're bringing Oswald's mother into the show -- I look forward to how they play with that relationship, since she might be the one person he truly loves.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I got it. I was just too asleep at first. Sorry.
    No worries! It really was a bad joke.

Fantastic news. Thoroughly.
    Anonymous un-vetted tumblr & reddit posters are the most significant voices in social politics today. If you're paranoid and forget there's a world out there.

The name confuses me too.
    So either the Cobblepots won't be one of the founding families of Gotham anymore and instead Cobblepot is just something Oswald changed his name into.
    Or through some random and strange coincidence, Penguin's father and mother happened to have a somewhat similair sounding name.
    Not fond of either of those options.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    So either the Cobblepots won't be one of the founding families of Gotham anymore and instead Cobblepot is just something Oswald changed his name into.
    Or through some random and strange coincidence, Penguin's father and mother happened to have a somewhat similair sounding name.
    I'd throw out too many preconceived notions as to what is going to happen in the series. The "founding families of Gotham" thing was a relatively recent addition to the mythology, at that.

Oh Carol Kane not Kathy Kane.
    "Drewbacca?"

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Or, she could've kept her family/maiden/birth name when she got married, as had occurred with Lily in How I Met Your Mother.

Where does that "one of the oldest families in Gotham" thing come from? And why, if you feel it's super important/useful to Penguin and/or this TV show, do you feel that way?
    Anonymous un-vetted tumblr & reddit posters are the most significant voices in social politics today. If you're paranoid and forget there's a world out there.