Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1470

Just started Mass Effect Andromeda and I can see some of the issues people have with it, especially in the faces, but I am really enjoying it at the min. The combat is a lot of fun as I can use whatever abilities I want and create combos all the time. I do see more similarities than I'd like in gameplay to Dragon Age Inquisition but maybe just cause it's space it seems a bit better.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Just started Mass Effect Andromeda and I can see some of the issues people have with it, especially in the faces, but I am really enjoying it at the min. The combat is a lot of fun as I can use whatever abilities I want and create combos all the time. I do see more similarities than I'd like in gameplay to Dragon Age Inquisition but maybe just cause it's space it seems a bit better.
    Well EA put out a patch. The worst glitches were taken care of weeks after it all.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Extraordinary Member

Just got my PS4 Pro and am playing 4 games, Disgaea 5, Mass Effect Andromeda, Nights of Azure 2, and Fallout 4...very different games but all fun imho...though I don't like the character creation and odd saving thing in Andromeda...

Completed Manticore: Galaxy on Fire for the Switch last week. Pretty good stuff. Manticore was apparently a mobile game originally, but you wouldn't know it from the outside, partly because it's not forever trying to fleece you out of more money but mostly because it feels like something built with genuine care. You're a nameless starfighter pilot who comes a-cropper on entering the Neox system, only to be bailed out by the mercenary crew of the battleship Manticore. With nothing else to offer, you sign on as their new recruit just in time to partake in a planet-destroying catastrophe, and spend the rest of the game navigating the web of power players in the sector on a whodunnit quest. With spaceships. Controls skew toward arcade simplicity; if you're old enough to have fond memories of the Rogue Squadron games you'll feel right at home. One stick controls direction, the other accelerates and allows for evasive barrel rolls. Missions are relatively pint-sized, with even the more protracted clocking in at 10 minutes or less to complete, but there's a lot of them - my save slot registered near 7-and-a-half hours playtime by the end, and that's with me skipping some of the unlockable lore entries. Mission variety is decent, though things do get a hair repetitive towards the end. Less repetitive is the vehicle choice; there are 9 different ships to unlock with differing properties (loosely grouped as fast ones, strong ones and middle-y ones), and you're also given free reign to choose their loadout of 2 main guns, missile choice, and bonus devices like a cloak or area-effect EMP. The story ends on a mild cliffhanger and the lore pages hint toward a grander threat that remains unseen, so hopefully there'll be a sequel in future.

Also finished Far Cry 4 last night. Yes, 4 not 5. I'm behind. Actually, this might be the first Far Cry I've played, although I do have older ones sitting around gathering dust...anyway, it's Far Cry, meaning it's the Ubisoft Game Template™ in first-person shooter form. You're dumped in a big, pretty map that you'll waste far too much time simply making visible and accessible for later use, there's a billion arbitrary things needing done at any given moment and enough weapons and useful perks are locked behind them that you won't feel safe ignoring them, and it's clear a lot of time and effort was spent on getting the feel and atmosphere just right but it amounts to so very little because Kyrat - the aforementioned pretty map - is like the world's biggest playpark, except it turns playing into a chore, and no amount of dizzying depth-of-field or nice writing can escape the general malaise that creeps up over time. Look, I don't want to be entirely negative here because Far Cry 4 isn't 'bad' in the normal sense; most of the shooter mechanics are solid-to-great, stealth is consistently well-handled, its moral choices are binary but never easy, and there's some really exciting bottle-episode stuff like the Shangri-La trips or the missions in the Himalayas that shake things up in cool ways. But there's just far too much faffing around demanded of the player, much of which I'd rather not have done (not keen on how many animals you have to kill and chop up just to have a decent-size wallet or carry an acceptable amount of medkits, for example), and all the time I was constantly wondering how much I'd prefer this same story told as a linear collection of levels without the tiresome sandbox cluttering it up. For the record, I chose to side with Amita as Golden Path leader because I like heroin more than religion, let Noore kill herself because I was trying to be merciful early on, then got impatient when I felt the end getting closer so shot Sabal and Pagan first chance I had. Then the game crashed almost immediately after the credits rolled, so, decided not to go for the 100%.

Currently unfinished, and will likely remain that way, is Black Mirror. Not the TV show about how your iPhone will kill you. This one's a horror puzzle-adventure game set in a castle in 1920s Scotland. You're the new master of the house after your dad's unusual death, and it's immediately apparent that everyone there - your relatives, the butler, the terrifying one-eyed groundskeeper - are keeping secrets from you. Cue much wandering around, asking pointed questions and poking at anything unusual to see what happens. Despite technical niggles - the game can't hold a solid framerate to save itself - I was enjoying the lovely art design and wonderful voice acting (you just don't get actual Scottish brogue in enough games), but I've run into a game-crashing glitch midway through the 2nd chapter which prevents story progression point-blank. Bugger.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Battlefront 2 on PC.

I must admit, they have done some good work since the release fiasco.

The pay to win elements have been removed, for now at least, there is a lot of content and the overall game experience is pleasant.

Good job.
    "Help us George Lucas, you're our only hope"

All-New Member

EVE Online and World of Warcraft

Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar

Neverwinter Nights 2 and State of Decay 2.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Marvel 2-in-1
    DC Comics: Action Comics, Superman, Justice League, The Green Lantern

Xbox Live Gamertag:

ItsMckinnis

Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Just about done with Detroit Become Human, now playing Uncharted 3 Remastered so I can play catch-up with the series.

LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2

In some stages, the game switches from one character to the next automatically for some reason.
    Friend A.I is a bit of a mess.
    Why can't Rocket Racoon jump on a platform characters can jump on? That was annoying.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2

In some stages, the game switches from one character to the next automatically for some reason.
    Friend A.I is a bit of a mess.
    Why can't Rocket Racoon jump on a platform characters can jump on? That was annoying.

Prepare for some game breaking glitches. One level won't finish at times and you may have to restart. The Challenges has some glitches. I'm currently working on all the races to finish and other challenges to get the game finished. But its a chore as one challenge glitch had me restart the game 3 times til it finally let me complete it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

White Day.

Fun Korean horror game with a tad of romance involved. 8 to 10 something hours to complete, depending how fast you want to go and how effectively you manage to avoid the janitors.

10 different endings to unlock though so if you want to watch everything you can add some hours to that. Or you can also just watch all of it on youtube lol.
    "Help us George Lucas, you're our only hope"

Just Cause 2 i put the voice acting in the "so bad that is good" category and of course destroying Panau is a lot of fun (not mentioning how beautifull it looks for the most part).

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Prepare for some game breaking glitches. One level won't finish at times and you may have to restart. The Challenges has some glitches. I'm currently working on all the races to finish and other challenges to get the game finished. But its a chore as one challenge glitch had me restart the game 3 times til it finally let me complete it.
    I did not experience that level of frustration yet, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Just Cause 2 i put the voice acting in the "so bad that is good" category and of course destroying Panau is a lot of fun (not mentioning how beautifull it looks for the most part).
    Does the voice of Rico Rodrigo sound similar to that of Al Pacino to you? I couldn't help but amuse myself imagining Al Pacino doing facial movements while delivering Rico's lines.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Been playing a lot of Fallout 4, trying to get Sanctuary completely built up before I move out. Walling it in is a pain but since it's your main, in my opinion at least, settlement in the game, I really want it to look like a place that is worth it for people to come and want to stay.

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology.

Octopath Traveler.

I loves me some RPGs.