Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzdaddy View Post
    I think I'd just wait until it comes out as a collection.
    Summer of 2086.
    Hey...it's me Rogerio!
    PULL LIST: VELVET, LAZARUS, BLACK SCIENCE, LOW, NINJAK, GRAYSON, GREEN ARROW, INJECTION, DAREDEVIL, SUICIDE SQUAD, BLACK WIDOW.

Honestly, the writing was on the wall with this one: it had Mark Millar writing AND Frank Quitely on art. Buying it meant you were expecting gigantic, and I mean gigantic, delays.

I'm expecting Jupiter's Circle to be more timely since it's not being drawn by Quitely. I imagine giving Quitely some major lead-time was one of the motivations behind doing Jupiter's Circle (and making issue 5 into an "end of volume 1" type deal).

BANNED

Against my better judgement, picking up MPH #5 just to finish the series.

(since I did purchase issues 1-4)

Hey, THIS one was only 3 months late. . .but I seriously doubt I'll be getting anything else (ever) from Millar.
    (no new series from him)
    Last edited by bert; 02-15-2015 at 12:47 PM.

To be fair, is it Millars fault or the artists he works with?

Pretty sure its Quietly holding up Jupiters Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    To be fair, is it Millars fault or the artists he works with?

Pretty sure its Quietly holding up Jupiters Legacy.
    It's probably Quitely in this case, but the whole thing with War Heroes sort soured me on Millar a bit, when it comes to his scheduling of his projects.

And that's another thing: he's scheduling his own projects. He works in miniseries. Why not wait until the entire mini is in the can before releasing the first issue.

Or, at the very least, if you know you've got a super-slow artist like Quitely on a project, you've probably got to have more than one or two issues in the can before sending the first issue to print.

No surprise that this book cannot keep a schedule, I laughed when they said it would be bi-monthly. He has talked about how long his work takes and how much longer it takes when his sciatica is bothering him. Here is him talking a little bit about his work from 2011 and how his goal would be 6 books in a year, I would imagine he is still dealing with the same issue and will always be extremely slow.

A fan wanted to know how long it takes Quitely to do an issue, "'cause I love your work, but I want to see more of it."

"Penciling and inking, or penciling and digital inking, I used to work for two hours [a day] and be able to do about two and half pages a week. I'm kinda down to about two pages a week now, and after the third issue of 'Batman and Robin,' my sciatica problem came back. It was really bad once, and I promised it would never happen again, and it did. I was off for, like, three months, then six months working really slowly. After 'Batman and Robin,' it was just like a year of building up slowly. I only did covers in that time, and I'm just getting back into doing interiors now. The last year and a half, I've been slow even by my standards, so I'm hoping to be back to just regular slow from now on."

Ganem asked, "So, normally, it would be ten weeks for a book?"

"Yeah, I think the most I've ever done, is like, seven, seven and a half issues a year. I'm kind of aiming for six issues a year."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?i...0&page=article

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    No surprise that this book cannot keep a schedule, I laughed when they said it would be bi-monthly. He has talked about how long his work takes and how much longer it takes when his sciatica is bothering him. Here is him talking a little bit about his work from 2011 and how his goal would be 6 books in a year, I would imagine he is still dealing with the same issue and will always be extremely slow.

A fan wanted to know how long it takes Quitely to do an issue, "'cause I love your work, but I want to see more of it."

"Penciling and inking, or penciling and digital inking, I used to work for two hours [a day] and be able to do about two and half pages a week. I'm kinda down to about two pages a week now, and after the third issue of 'Batman and Robin,' my sciatica problem came back. It was really bad once, and I promised it would never happen again, and it did. I was off for, like, three months, then six months working really slowly. After 'Batman and Robin,' it was just like a year of building up slowly. I only did covers in that time, and I'm just getting back into doing interiors now. The last year and a half, I've been slow even by my standards, so I'm hoping to be back to just regular slow from now on."

Ganem asked, "So, normally, it would be ten weeks for a book?"

"Yeah, I think the most I've ever done, is like, seven, seven and a half issues a year. I'm kind of aiming for six issues a year."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?i...0&page=article
    "Bi-monthly" has only ever been a codeword for: "expect a ton of delays. It'll just come out whenever."

I learned that years ago with Powers and Scarlet, both of which have spent years on "bi-monthly" schedules.

Seriously though, working only two hours a day is kind of crap; or, at least, it's crap if I'm reading it correctly and that was his work schedule BEFORE the sciatica problems cropped up and it's even worse now. I can't fault the man for working slowly for health issues - health is the number one concern. But if he was working two hours a day when in good health....yeah. Let's just say that I wish I could make a living working two hours a day.

Reminds me of George RR Martin once castigating his fans by saying that the only way he'd ever put out books on a schedule that'd appease them was by sitting down and working/writing from 9-5, 5 to 6 days a week. Like somehow that was the most ridiculous proposition imaginable.