y is they fighting in the rain
    they shoulda waited
    rain delay
    unfair unadvantage
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Forget optic blasts. He should fight like this more.
    Attachment 36784
    When was this?

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    New 52 superman had good stories and I'm sure he brought a lot of new blood to the superman forums, and he's back in the new action comics. His last arc against Savage was a good arc and he was always getting pushed and at the Centre of the action so don't victimize yourself because he dissapeared for one issue and he's back like a week later.

Do you really wanna know what's like to get screwed and shat on by DC editorial : Kon el, Cassandra Sandsmark, Tim Drake, Bart Allen, Connor Hawke, Jaime Reyes, Ryan Choi, Wally west, Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown and I could go on... Any of those sound familiar? Either they were written so bad that they became unrecognizable or they dissapeared absolutely.
    I'm excited about rebirth because Wally, my flash, is coming back and getting the respect he deserves as part of DC legacy instead of getting ret goned because Geoff Johns prefers Barry, wally and Linda were gone for 5 years because Johns knew that Wally is the superior flash but wanted to push his personal favorite.

The young justice 4 were shat on by Scott Lobdell by cutting every tie the had to their original counterparts, Tim Drake isn't Tim Drake, it took like 50 issues to stablish Cassandra relationship with wonder woman instead of the one that was cultivated over plenty of issues of wonder woman series and her rise as a heroine leader during young justice, Impulse became some thief from the future and to this day I have no idea what superboy is meant to be.
    Cassandra Cain and spoiler dissapeared along with their relationship to all members of the bat family, and man I really hate anything batman related but I love those 2 as much as I like the x men. They got shat on because dc wanted to push Barbara...
    So don't complain that nu52 supes had it bad because he didn't.
    *Edit I think my original rant wasn't upset enough, I just want to make you understand that in comparison nu52 supes had it great
    Oh absolutely lol I didn't mean to imply that N52 Superman had it particularly bad or anything; a lot of characters were screwed wayy harder by the N52 than N52 Superman was by Rebirth. I only mean that even with rebirth, which overall is looking like a good thing for many characters & franchises, not everything DC is doing is respectful towards all of their fans/characters. They definitely seem to be improving over their original N52 mentality of "screw all of the old stuff," but I don't think I agree that Rebirth is doing right by N52 Superman fans. Maybe we're all over-reacting, but the prevailing opinion seems to be that DC may be retconning things so that Pre-Crisis Supes was always the "real" Superman while the N52 version was just an imposter (judging by what Mr. Oz said in Rebirth). In which case DC would have spent 5 years allowing N52 Superman to build a fanbase under the assumption that this would be the main Superman for the forseeable future, only to pull the rug out from under them by replacing him with the older version and telling fans that he was never Superman in the first place. Once again though I may just be paranoid; I mean if it is N52 Superman in Action Comics already then I suppose I'll eat my words, but considering we just got off an arc where a guy was walking around with Clark's memories pretending to be him and that this entire era is shaping up to be an homage to the Death and Reign Sagas I get the feeling it's not going to be that simple. Anway, regardless of whether or not other characters had/have it worse that's not exactly DC being respectful to their fans is it? My point here isn't that N52 Superman & his fans have it the worst or even relatively bad compared to some of the shit DC has done; it's that even now that they are going out of their way to appease fans that they've previously wronged they are still fucking around with other characters/fans and that if Cyclops were over at DC he may not be on the side that are currently being benefited/respected.

To be fair though he'd probably be better off than he currently is at Marvel (that's not really saying much though). In hindsight my original post may have been off the mark since I was assuming that everyone thought Cyke would be treated well at DC, not just treated better than he is at Marvel. But that almost goes without saying then doesn't it? :P He'd be treated better pretty much anywhere than he's currently being treated at Marvel.

Nothing Too Serious

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Oh! Punchclops! I've heard the legends! Is that still a thing or is it old news now? Does anyone here play Marvel Heroes?
    (I kinda wanna try playing Punchclops myself, haha)
    Last edited by Rinascimento; 06-13-2016 at 12:52 AM.
    Ever-ready to elaborate upon absurd hypotheticals.

Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    Oh absolutely lol I didn't mean to imply that N52 Superman had it particularly bad or anything; a lot of characters were screwed wayy harder by the N52 than N52 Superman was by Rebirth. I only mean that even with rebirth, which overall is looking like a good thing for many characters & franchises, not everything DC is doing is respectful towards all of their fans/characters. They definitely seem to be improving over their original N52 mentality of "screw all of the old stuff," but I don't think I agree that Rebirth is doing right by N52 Superman fans. Maybe we're all over-reacting, but the prevailing opinion seems to be that DC may be retconning things so that Pre-Crisis Supes was always the "real" Superman while the N52 version was just an imposter (judging by what Mr. Oz said in Rebirth). In which case DC would have spent 5 years allowing N52 Superman to build a fanbase under the assumption that this would be the main Superman for the forseeable future, only to pull the rug out from under them by replacing him with the older version and telling fans that he was never Superman in the first place. Once again though I may just be paranoid; I mean if it is N52 Superman in Action Comics already then I suppose I'll eat my words, but considering we just got off an arc where a guy was walking around with Clark's memories pretending to be him and that this entire era is shaping up to be an homage to the Death and Reign Sagas I get the feeling it's not going to be that simple. Anway, regardless of whether or not other characters had/have it worse that's not exactly DC being respectful to their fans is it? My point here isn't that N52 Superman & his fans have it the worst or even relatively bad compared to some of the shit DC has done; it's that even now that they are going out of their way to appease fans that they've previously wronged they are still fucking around with other characters/fans and that if Cyclops were over at DC he may not be on the side that are currently being benefited/respected.

To be fair though he'd probably be better off than he currently is at Marvel (that's not really saying much though). In hindsight my original post may have been off the mark since I was assuming that everyone thought Cyke would be treated well at DC, not just treated better than he is at Marvel. But that almost goes without saying then doesn't it? :P He'd be treated better pretty much anywhere than he's currently being treated at Marvel.
    Why must the truth hurt soo much.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by ladyofthelake View Post
    When was this?
    It was in Si Spurrier's run of X-Men Legacy.

Good book I'd recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinascimento View Post
    Oh! Punchclops! I've heard the legends! Is that still a thing or is it old news now? Does anyone here play Marvel Heroes?
    (I kinda wanna try playing Punchclops myself, haha)
    It's old news these days; the thing was that his optic beams powers were so bad, than a melee build was better if only by default.
    And people say that the X-men doesnt represent the real world anymore. Anyways, congratulations to Mei-Ling Zhou, the newly elected President of the U.S.
    We are truly living in the bad future of Back to the Future.

Did you knew that Pope Francis is supposed to be the Pope of the End of the World ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Why must the truth hurt soo much.
    Because love hurts!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    It was in Si Spurrier's run of X-Men Legacy.

Good book I'd recommend.
    Thanks!!! I'll look into it!!!

Someone mentioned something about Ultimate X-Men Cyclops having a variation of a power like Superman's. Does anyone know what that's about? Did Ultimate Cyclops have a slightly different power than 616 Cyclops?

Someone mentioned something about Ultimate X-Men Cyclops having a variation of a power like Superman's. Does anyone know what that's about? Did Ultimate Cyclops have a slightly different power than 616 Cyclops?
    Ultimate Cyclops was solar-powered, he was kinda like a battery. So, no Punch Dimension.
    He was on Banshee, Ultimate version of MGH. He gained flight, super strength and hearing, he could attack Jean on astral plane o.O, survive in space, control his beams and fire them from hands if he wanted.

His power set was basically the same (except iirc he was solar powered whereas I don't think 616 is). What happened was he ended up taking some mutant power-enhancing drug called Banshee and it caused the energy he absorbed to also give him flight, super-strength, super-hearing, and the ability to fire his energy blasts through any part of his body.

Quote Originally Posted by Xoxx View Post
    Ultimate Cyclops was solar-powered, he was kinda like a battery. So, no Punch Dimension.
    He was on Banshee, Ultimate version of MGH. He gained flight, super strength and hearing, he could attack Jean on astral plane o.O, survive in space, control his beams and fire them from hands if he wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeloDet View Post
    His power set was basically the same (except iirc he was solar powered whereas I don't think 616 is). What happened was he ended up taking some mutant power-enhancing drug called Banshee and it caused the energy he absorbed to also give him flight, super-strength, super-hearing, and the ability to fire his energy blasts through any part of his body.

...aaaaand then it wore off...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Don't forget to have fun somacula's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

...aaaaand then it wore off...
    The moral of this story is don't do drugs? Or only use them if you're a nazi?
    Death of X in a nutshell : Cyclops is right by doing absolutely nothing. Better luck next time Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    The moral of this story is don't do drugs? Or only use them if you're a nazi?
    Ultimate clops wasn't really the ultimate anything.