Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Justice League United, #3

So many questions hang over this nascent team. Will Hawkman sacrifice himself to save Rann, one of Thanagar's enemies? Will Alanna and Adam ever be reunited? Can Miiyahbin face her fears and become the hero she's meant to be? And the answer to all of this spells death for one of them.

Full article here.

Looks really interesting. I've loved JLU so far, really intrigued to find out how they'll deal with that baby.

So we got the obnoxious grandfather and the defiant grandchild - how stereotypical - or maybe it just seems so being the daughter of one and the mother of the other ...

"Make it go away with only a word"

What is this obsession with words and spelling, here?

The Death card in the tarot doesn't necessarily means that someone bits the bullet, it means change - the end of the old (which is the precursor for the beginning of the new).

What is Mii afraid to give up or lose?

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    Looks really interesting. I've loved JLU so far, really intrigued to find out how they'll deal with that baby.
    Stereotypical baby! Remember when the little ones were that age.

Something really batty is going on here - what's with that!
    Last edited by Lucette; 07-03-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Not a real fan so far, but I give it 6 issues before it's dropped. Just not catching me at all. reading it all I see is Alpha FLight for some reason...

Not Getting Any Younger Kikaider's Avatar

I'm the same way. It isnt catching me the way I hoped it would. Until 6 to change my mind or I'm out as well.

More Green Arrow, less moose skeleton girl.

I like it well enough, but I have to agree that it's not hooking me nearly as quickly or strongly as I had hoped it would.
    Check out my Hawkman Blog: The Stonechat Museum!

I share the prevailing sentiment, its not a bad book but its just not that engaging.

Think Ill drop it after the Futures End tie in issue. Thatll make 3 DC books less altogether in the coming months, maybe 4 if one of my favorites does come to an end as it has been speculated lately...
    Hellboy|BlackScience|EastOfWest|Lazarus|Prophet|Saga|Umbral|Velvet|Zero|EW|Harbinger|Rai|Unity|XO Manowar
    Batman|FuturesEnd|GreenLantern+Corps|JL|RedLantern s|Sinestro|SwampThing|WonderWoman
    _ N U Avengers|Cap|Daredevil|Magneto|Thor|X-Force

I like Moose skeleton girl! Hoping to get the action figure!

Any idea about what Batman has to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    Any idea about what Batman has to do with this?
    Wondering the same thing.

I like the series so far. I'm going to stick with it as long as Supergirl is on the team. If the time comes when she leaves the team for some reason, I may continue to read the book anyway, as I plan to do with Red Lanterns, as that title is really great too.

"Gathering to protect the Galaxy" So they are the "Protectors of the Galaxy". Sounds familiar.

Equinox's powers still really intrigue me and I like Lemire's writing, but I feel like the book is still trying to find its voice. Hopefully, it'll pick up soon.
    Bring back Hawkwoman.
    Pre-Reboot Join Date: June 2010

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Not a real fan so far, but I give it 6 issues before it's dropped. Just not catching me at all. reading it all I see is Alpha FLight for some reason...
    I don't get the Alpha Flight vibe from them, but I do agree with you. I'm just not feeling it. I going to give it the first story arc and take it from there. If Green Arrow wasn't in it. I probably wouldn't give it as much room.
    "You're intel should have warned us he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy. That's not just "one man" That's TONY FREAKING STARK! COBRA

They are really dragging out the introduction of the new girl. The excuse for keeping Alana and Adam apart got a little Deus Ex Machina there, but the end result of the malfunction was so big that it distracts me from that easily enough. It's a compelling story. Maybe not a classic, but interesting. Buddy and Ollie make it worth it every month.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

Like the previous 2 issues this one was just ok. Some fun character interactions but not great overall. Plus McKone's art hasn't been that good. I may give this one more issue and then I'm done.