Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    Barely a month out and it's already hitting you up for almost another $60. The season pass doesn't even get you all the DLC (isn't that supposed to be the entire point?). I'm not one of those people who's opposed to any and all forms of DLC, but Capcom is just twisting the knife as hard as they possibly can here. There's no way all this shit wasn't ready to go with the game's launch.
    No its not. The game doesnt have a season pass. It has what they call a character pass and it clearly details that its just for those characters outlined in it and their costumes. Besides its 2017. The concept of a "season" pass has evolved from what it was when first introduced mid last gen. The costume pass is not too shabby at $1 a costume considering how expensive Capcom is known to get all premium skins. Even if the costumes were all ready at launch....so what? What difference does it make if they sold it on day one as a opposed to a month later?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No its not. The game doesnt have a season pass. It has what they call a character pass and it clearly details that its just for those characters outlined in it and their costumes. Besides its 2017. The concept of a "season" pass has evolved from what it was when first introduced mid last gen.
    If by, "evolved" you mean, "gotten worse at it's intended purpose" then yeah...I guess it evolved.

Dude who said this should have been a F2P game hit it dead on.

Even if the costumes were all ready at launch....so what? What difference does it make if they sold it on day one as a opposed to a month later?
    Because it means they carved completed content out of the game so they could gank you for $60 a second time. Like I said, I'm not opposed to DLC as a whole and I don't have an issue with paying extra money for actual post-launch support from a developer. What I don't like is blatantly being given the screwjob when I'm trying to support a game on day one. I understand that it's not an important distinction to some people, but I draw the line there.

First impressions from the DLC characters: all of them are pretty fun. T'Challa is really fast, Monster Hunter has tons of moves, and Sigma is a big body that can zone and rushdown.

I'm already looking forward to the remaining characters.

Incredible Member

Does anyone else find it hilarious that buying the DLC costumes in threes cost more than buying them separately? Makes me wonder if when that pricing model was made up if buying them individually cost a dollar more. Capcom are also just out of their fucking minds with their prices for shit with this game. Game isn't even finished and they're charging $29.99 for a character pass (the first three characters being the kind of thing that should just be unlocked by playing the story mode you see them in) and $29.99 for 30 skins of which you only get 18 right now. And some of those alts just suck. But people will pay that I guess. Before it went down I was even seeing people on GAF calling the costume pack a deal, and acting like no other fighting games just give you alt costumes for everyone right out of the box.

Wonder when they'll charge for a color editor? That's got to be a thing they're going to do. I mean, only four colors, when was the last time a fighting game had so few?

Oh yeah, saw this the other day:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    If by, "evolved" you mean, "gotten worse at it's intended purpose" then yeah...I guess it evolved.

Dude who said this should have been a F2P game hit it dead on.

Because it means they carved completed content out of the game so they could gank you for $60 a second time. Like I said, I'm not opposed to DLC as a whole and I don't have an issue with paying extra money for actual post-launch support from a developer. What I don't like is blatantly being given the screwjob when I'm trying to support a game on day one. I understand that it's not an important distinction to some people, but I draw the line there.
    They'd have been doing themselves a favor by being F2P. What were those DoA5 F2P numbers, over 10 million? If Capcom wanted to make it's money by selling extra stuff, they really should have given the base product away. Because they ain't never gonna hit the kind of numbers they want by selling this game, and the less people that have it the less that's be able to just randomly spend money on it.

As this game is it should be F2P. As they're selling it it should have had everyone from the last game, a good number of new characters, everyone should have had a number of costumes to unlock, their should have been a color (or better yet a costume) editor, and it should have had a number of different modes to play around in. If they then wanted to slap some money making shit onto a full package, well, whatever I guess; but if you want to try and take your costumers for a ride you should probably at least make it feel like they're getting a full retail game when they're buying that.

Most of the choices for this game have been terrible.

Makes me wonder how many more DLC characters will be released for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Waldo View Post
    Does anyone else find it hilarious that buying the DLC costumes in threes cost more than buying them separately? Makes me wonder if when that pricing model was made up if buying them individually cost a dollar more. Capcom are also just out of their fucking minds with their prices for shit with this game. Game isn't even finished and they're charging $29.99 for a character pass (the first three characters being the kind of thing that should just be unlocked by playing the story mode you see them in) and $29.99 for 30 skins of which you only get 18 right now. And some of those alts just suck. But people will pay that I guess. Before it went down I was even seeing people on GAF calling the costume pack a deal, and acting like no other fighting games just give you alt costumes for everyone right out of the box.

Wonder when they'll charge for a color editor? That's got to be a thing they're going to do. I mean, only four colors, when was the last time a fighting game had so few?
    1 costume is $4. A bundle of 6 is $12. Where are you seeing a pack of three? Its cheaper to buy any of the bundles over individual which makes sense since thats typically how bundles work

Incredible Member

1 costume is $4. A bundle of 6 is $12. Where are you seeing a pack of three? Its cheaper to buy any of the bundles over individual which makes sense since thats typically how bundles work
    You're right, I read it wrong, it's three different packs of six. Not three costumes in a pack. It's all still a pretty shitty deal nonetheless. These things should have been in the game from the start, and there should be like 7 - 10 alts for everyone in the game right out of the box. There should also probably be a color editor, and colors to unlock to play around with in the editor.

Been playing some BlazBlue again lately, it's funny seeing how many alt colors that game gives you and then looking at this game.

You're right, I read it wrong, it's three different packs of six. Not three costumes in a pack. It's all still a pretty shitty deal nonetheless. These things should have been in the game from the start, and there should be like 7 - 10 alts for everyone in the game right out of the box. There should also probably be a color editor, and colors to unlock to play around with in the editor.

Been playing some BlazBlue again lately, it's funny seeing how many alt colors that game gives you and then looking at this game.
    well I already said it was crazy to expect 80+ characters at launch but its really unrealistic to have expected up to 300 alternate costumes. The game had bigger issues than worry about the number of costumes it lacked

Omg! You are so right. That's a good feature from BlazBlue
    "Lightning, deliver this place from darkness." - Storm in X-men TAS.

You should read The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl solo, X-men Gold, Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther solo, Black Panther And The Crew and Black Panther: World of Wakanda

"The Month of May is Ororo Munroe aka Storm Month"

Faves: Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Marvel), X (Dark Horse), Vincent Van Goat (Valiant), Superboy Prime (DC), Ingrid (Street Fighter), Celine Dion (Music)

I mean, only four colors, when was the last time a fighting game had so few?
    [/video]
    SFxT is the last one that comes to mind. Of course we all know why that game had so few colors initially.

Incredible Member

well I already said it was crazy to expect 80+ characters at launch but its really unrealistic to have expected up to 300 alternate costumes. The game had bigger issues than worry about the number of costumes it lacked
    I didn't say anything about 80+ characters there. But, they could have easily done it. They already had 50 characters finished before development on this game even started because of UMvC3. Doing 80 or 80+ characters for this game wouldn't even have involve making as many new characters as they did for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds. The bulk of the work was already done if they'd have went that way.

How many costumes does Injustice 2 have? How many gear sets with things like different heads do the characters have? They could do stuff like Werewolf Captain America by simply making a new head and doing some slight edits to the hands and feet. Most Captain America stuff would be as simply as changing some textures, same with Spider-Man...which is why Spider-Man's alt colors in UMvC3 were different costumes.

I haven't played the final Last Round version of DoA5, but I'm pretty sure that game comes with over 300 costumes for the characters out of the box.

I didn't say anything about 80+ characters there. But, they could have easily done it. They already had 50 characters finished before development on this game even started because of UMvC3. Doing 80 or 80+ characters for this game wouldn't even have involve making as many new characters as they did for Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds. The bulk of the work was already done if they'd have went that way.

How many costumes does Injustice 2 have? How many gear sets with things like different heads do the characters have? They could do stuff like Werewolf Captain America by simply making a new head and doing some slight edits to the hands and feet. Most Captain America stuff would be as simply as changing some textures, same with Spider-Man...which is why Spider-Man's alt colors in UMvC3 were different costumes.

I haven't played the final Last Round version of DoA5, but I'm pretty sure that game comes with over 300 costumes for the characters out of the box.
    You're right. You advocated for 88 characters: http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post2998244

I dont know how many premium skins Injustice 2 launched with. I want to say 5. The gear system is primarily overbloated fluff. Alot of pieces are repeated unbder a new name and even then many differences are very minute (like a pants will have one stripe instead of 2)

DOA5 launched in 2012 and most definitely did not launch with over 300 costumes. Last Round is a near complete version that is a culmination of years worth of DLC content added over the years. You cant really compare them on the same level
    Last edited by Havok83; Yesterday at 05:49 PM.

Incredible Member

You're right. You advocated for 88 characters: http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post2998244
    Which has jack shit to do with what you were replying to. So what's the point? You just randomly brought something up that wasn't in the post you were replying to. You wanted to reply to that post, just reply to that post.

I dont know how many premium skins Injustice 2 launched with. I want to say 5. The gear system is primarily overbloated fluff. Alot of pieces are repeated unbder a new name and even then many differences are very minute (like a pants will have one stripe instead of 2)
    Doesn't matter. That's the nature of superhero costumes. Issue 1 Captain America, normal Captain America, 2000s variant on normal Captain America, The Ultimates Captain America Vol. 1, The Ultimates Captain America Vol. 2, All New All Different Captain America, Marvel Now Captain America, 90s Captain America with Avengers jacket, Werewolf Captain America, Bucky Captain America, Age of X Captain America, Secret War Captain America, Space: Punisher Captain America...these would all be the exact type of thing you're talking about with regard to the gear system. And those would just be slight variations on the same base model, most could be done with some texture editing.

DOA5 launched in 2012 and most definitely did not launch with over 300 costumes. Last Round is a near complete version that is a culmination of years worth of DLC content added over the years. You cant really compare them on the same level
    Yes I'm aware of when it launched. I think there were something like over 100 costumes in that original version of the game. That's a bit more than zero, which is how many this game launched with. But maybe in three years there will be a version of MVCI you can buy that comes with all the DLC and over 100 costumes.