Page 182 of 183 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183 LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2742
  1. #2716
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    21,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Honestly.. and this is going to sound really weird coming from me of all people.. but I don't want Deadpool to be the "centerpiece" of X-Force. Obviously he won't be leading. And obviously he'll play a large role, but I really don't want him to be the main focus.
    That was probably the one piece of news that I kinda gave the side-eye, but I'm not all that surprised either.

    But X-Force is Cable's baby.

  2. #2717
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    7,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I agree but at this point we have to accept that's almost surely how it will be. Just like they had Wolverine the center of every XMen movie. Just how the movie biz works
    Well the difference is Wolverine has been at the forefront of the X-Men before. Deadpool's never been given center stage of any X-Force. Except for the Deadpool vs X-Force mini series. But I know what you're saying.
    Ideas never die.
    DeadpoolX-MenIronManDaredevilTMNT

  3. #2718
    Mighty Member Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Honestly.. and this is going to sound really weird coming from me of all people.. but I don't want Deadpool to be the "centerpiece" of X-Force. Obviously he won't be leading. And obviously he'll play a large role, but I really don't want him to be the main focus.
    Ryan Reynolds is the driving force behind this movie. Without it, they'd probably have moved forward with that Jeff Wadlow X-Force, which would've likely ended up a bad movie.

  4. #2719
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    7,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Ryan Reynolds is the driving force behind this movie. Without it, they'd probably have moved forward with that Jeff Wadlow X-Force, which would've likely ended up a bad movie.
    Which is fine and I agree with you. But he should never be the leader of X-Force. If it's more of an "important" role like Logan had in Days of Future Past, that's great for me. Awesome. But Cable is the leader.
    Ideas never die.
    DeadpoolX-MenIronManDaredevilTMNT

  5. #2720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    It's why I'm still more interested in the more sidebar offbeat films like New Mutants
    Please, that one reeks of Hollywoodisms too. Claremont was actually really good at balancing that cast, but watch how Rahne becomes super important(because she is being played by the most high profile actress in the cast). And marvel at how Afro-latinos Sunspot and Cecelia Reyes magically lighten in time for their closeups. And don't you mind for one second Dani being played by a 75% white actress, who is also the weakest actor in the cast, in a movie that should revolve around her if they are actually translating the Demon Bear arc.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  6. #2721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But X-Force is Cable's baby.
    Just like DoFP should have been about Kitty and Storm primarily, with Rachel as the linchpin. Fox don't care.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  7. #2722
    Mighty Member Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Which is fine and I agree with you. But he should never be the leader of X-Force. If it's more of an "important" role like Logan had in Days of Future Past, that's great for me. Awesome. But Cable is the leader.
    And it says right there in the article that CABLE and Deadpool will lead.

  8. #2723
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    7,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    And it says right there in the article that CABLE and Deadpool will lead.
    never mind.
    Ideas never die.
    DeadpoolX-MenIronManDaredevilTMNT

  9. #2724

    Default

    Deadpool shouldn't be leading at all. He has his own movies. Just like in DoFP, Wolverine's role shouldn't have been that big v

  10. #2725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Well the difference is Wolverine has been at the forefront of the X-Men before.
    Prior to the movies, I can't think of a single run of X-Men that focused on Wolverine to the extent that films did.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  11. #2726
    Mighty Member Soulsword323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Wow, excited to see what Drew does with X-Force. Wonderful choice.

  12. #2727
    Astonishing Member Purplevit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Deadpool 2 & New Mutants Have Reportedly Wrapped Production

    http://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-new...apped-filming/

  13. #2728
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Deadpool 2 & New Mutants Have Reportedly Wrapped Production

    http://screenrant.com/deadpool-2-new...apped-filming/
    If true, and we start getting promo pics and a teaser, then it will be time to geek out.

  14. #2729
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Americana
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Wow that was fast as hell
    Chris Claremont, Peter David, Mike Carey, Cullen Bunn = canon. Others = fanfic.

  15. #2730
    Mighty Member Maestroneto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Wow that was fast as hell
    It's about the same as the first Deadpool, which shot for a little over two months.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •