Page 329 of 390 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 5845
  1. #4921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
    It doesn't have to be the main story focus of every X-Men movie, but there certainly should be more consistency and logic applied. How can mutants be so widely accepted just a decade after Magneto committed an act of terror on the White House and declared war against humanity of live television? Where is the logic in that?
    There is none. Xavier/Apocalypse dearmed the entire world, and Magneto almost destroyed it in Apocalypse. No way everyone would be so cool with that as to accept the X-Men as national heroes a decade later. That's like taking in Bin Laden(x1000) as a national hero in 2011.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  2. #4922
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There is none. Xavier/Apocalypse dearmed the entire world, and Magneto almost destroyed it in Apocalypse. No way everyone would be so cool with that as to accept the X-Men as national heroes a decade later. That's like taking in Bin Laden(x1000) as a national hero in 2011.
    No one knows about Xavier and Magneto’s involvement.
    Last edited by Man of Sin; 01-13-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  3. #4923
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
    It doesn't have to be the main story focus of every X-Men movie, but there certainly should be more consistency and logic applied. How can mutants be so widely accepted just a decade after Magneto committed an act of terror on the White House and declared war against humanity of live television? Where is the logic in that?
    Are you serious? Logan already explained this. Mutants generally benefits society.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  4. #4924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    No one knows about Xavier and Magneto’s involvement.
    So, the whole world suffers from an extreme electromagnetic disturbance, and no one suspects Magneto, a known master of magnetism wanted the world over?

    And ALL the world's nukes get tossed into space, under extremely unusual circumstances, and no one suspects mutant involvement?

    Or Xavier is working close with the government, and withholds this important information from them?

    Pick your poison, it's all stupid.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  5. #4925
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So, the whole world suffers from an extreme electromagnetic disturbance, and no one suspects Magneto, a known master of magnetism wanted the world over?

    And ALL the world's nukes get tossed into space, under extremely unusual circumstances, and no one suspects mutant involvement?

    Or Xavier is working close with the government, and withholds this important information from them?

    Pick your poison, it's all stupid.
    They pin it all on Apocalypse at the end of the film. Mag’s powers were never on a planetary scale so they can easily blame it on another mutant.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  6. #4926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    They pin it all on Apocalypse at the end of the film. Mag’s powers were never on a planetary scale so they can easily blame it on another mutant.
    So your brave new world is founded on lies? Hmpf. Typical.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  7. #4927
    Astonishing Member wano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So your brave new world is founded on lies? Hmpf. Typical.
    Yeah, kind of like watchmen

  8. #4928
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Are you serious? Logan already explained this. Mutants generally benefits society.
    You're going to cite a movie that takes place decades after DOFP and Apocalypse to prove your point? A movie where mutants have been all but wiped out?

  9. #4929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Yeah, kind of like watchmen
    Are you comparing Fox's Charles Xavier to Ozymandias?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  10. #4930
    Astonishing Member wano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Are you comparing Fox's Charles Xavier to Ozymandias?
    Both Xavier and magneto to ozymandias, magneto causes a big catastrophe (earthquake that killed God knows how many) and Xavier covers it up by blaming it on apocalypse while the X-Men look like heroes and magneto runs Scott free. But it's total improvisation and none of them would ever match ozymandias intellect, also there's no rorschach to oposse them and the remaining X-Men pretty much rolled with it, not that they ha much choice

  11. #4931
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    There is none. Xavier/Apocalypse dearmed the entire world, and Magneto almost destroyed it in Apocalypse. No way everyone would be so cool with that as to accept the X-Men as national heroes a decade later. That's like taking in Bin Laden(x1000) as a national hero in 2011.
    After the ending of DOFP mutants would've logically have been under the same scrutiny that they were under in the first three X-Men movies, at the very least. One of them committed an act of terror on the White House. Even if Mystique didn't kill Trask, and the Sentinels didn't get built as an official government program, that doesn't mean mutants would become so widely accepted a decade later. Humans would still be scared of them and the power they hold. X-Men Apocalypse never bothered to explain how mutants would be so accepted after DOFP, or why Magneto retired to the woods to raise a family after he declared war against humanity on TV just a decade earlier, and then they had to kill that family just to motivate him to become a villain again... why didn't they just start Apocalypse with Magneto still being a villain in the first place? Why did they bother to have him retire and give him a family if they were just going to kill them off to turn him bad again anyway? What was the point of that?

    And don't get me started on the ending of X-Men Apocalypse and how its seemingly going to be largely hand waved over in Dark Phoenix.

  12. #4932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
    why Magneto retired to the woods to raise a family after he declared war against humanity on TV just a decade earlier, and then they had to kill that family just to motivate him to become a villain again... why didn't they just start Apocalypse with Magneto still being a villain in the first place? Why did they bother to have him retire and give him a family if they were just going to kill them off to turn him bad anyway? What was the point of that?
    The fact that Singer/Kinberg didn't even know about Magneto's Anya/Magda scene for all this time shows they never did the proper research(not even for their favorite character). Only when Fassbender told them about it during the DoFP press junket did they learn about it. Of course, they messed it up anyways(because its supposed to have happened early in Eric/Magnus/Max's life, before he meets Xavier or anything). It was Magda(his wife, who he survived the camps with) running away in terror from him[when he used his powers to kill the police who prevented him from saving Anya in an accidental inn fire, along with the rest of the town] that made him hate humans. That's what made him become Magneto. That scene should have been in First Class if they were going to use it at all.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

  13. #4933
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
    You're going to cite a movie that takes place decades after DOFP and Apocalypse to prove your point? A movie where mutants have been all but wiped out?
    And the people who wiped them out were the ones that said they benefit society. They can cure cancer, save the world, save the president, etc.

    So even before the whole near extinction plan went into motion people saw mutants as useful.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  14. #4934
    Astonishing Member Man of Sin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
    After the ending of DOFP mutants would've logically have been under the same scrutiny that they were under in the first three X-Men movies, at the very least. One of them committed an act of terror on the White House. Even if Mystique didn't kill Trask, and the Sentinels didn't get built as an official government program, that doesn't mean mutants would become so widely accepted a decade later. Humans would still be scared of them and the power they hold. X-Men Apocalypse never bothered to explain how mutants would be so accepted after DOFP, or why Magneto retired to the woods to raise a family after he declared war against humanity on TV just a decade earlier,
    They did explain this stuff...

    and then they had to kill that family just to motivate him to become a villain again... why didn't they just start Apocalypse with Magneto still being a villain in the first place? Why did they bother to have him retire and give him a family if they were just going to kill them off to turn him bad again anyway? What was the point of that?
    Because they wanted to show that you can’t fight time.
    "Did you know that half of the teens in America are virgins? Not because they haven't the right person, but they haven't found the right teacher. " ~ Arsenio Hall

  15. #4935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    Because they wanted to show that you can’t fight time.
    An idiotic theme considering the X-Men are heroes and will always fight, no matter the odds(and the fact that there are many timetraveling/timeline changing story arcs in the canon).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •