Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    I respectfully disagree on a Ares/Circe being WWs arch nemesis because they are public domain characters thus making the stories with them less impactful and original. I do see Cheetah with potential as a villain though.
    How? It's not like Ares and Circe are villains most other superheroes and a WW story featuring them won't be the same as everywhere else. No one has an issue with Thor's archenemy being Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by greymoon View Post
    I respectfully disagree on a Ares/Circe being WWs arch nemesis because they are public domain characters thus making the stories with them less impactful and original. I do see Cheetah with potential as a villain though.
    DC's versions of Circe and Ares are as much in the public domain as Wonder Woman herself.
    "One may be intelligent, and a Nazi. Then one is not decent. One may be decent and a Nazi. Then one is not intelligent. And one may be intelligent and decent. Then one is not a Nazi"
    - Gerhard Bronner

Fantastic Member

Almost nothing interesting or meaningful has ever been done with Nubia.

Donna Troy should be erased from existence.

Ares is a boring as hell villain. I far prefer him being a mentor to Diana like in Azz, but I would also be ok with him being an evil mentor to Diana, pushing her to use force to secure peace in Man's World. I'm content with his current Rebirth status quo.

Cheetah works better as her Two-Face than her "Joker". Imo an arch-nemesis needs both a philosophical reason to oppose the hero in addition to a petty reason, like how Lex fights Supes both because he's envious of Supes and because he thinks Supes makes humanity weak and reliant upon him. Or how Joker hates Bats for not breaking because of his trauma and because Bats dedication to law and order is in opposition to Joker's desire to do whatever he wants.

"Blue Snowman" is a stupid name. Just call her the Snowwoman.

I don't get how Giganta is a serious threat at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Iíve always felt it would be more interesting if the Amazons once worshiped Ares(like the actual myths) but over the millennia had a falling out with him. For one it show growth on the Amazons part, and it would also give the Ares /Diana relationship more depth.

Ares should be Dianaís big bad, and Cheetah should be her personal nemesis. Circe though a major antagonist just doesnít have the thematic depth as the other two.
    This is one of those things that's rather reliant on the nature of the backstory of the Amazons. Maybe that's what they did before they splintered and some moved to Themiscyra? Maybe it's the Themiscyran Amazons that are heretics who abandoned Ares?