Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Scalped #21-60: The series casts a wider net, as the ostensible lead is out of the picture for extended periods of time, and we explore the lives of the others on the reservation. This has great potential to be a compelling prestige drama.

I'm hoping that it gets the Absolute treatment soon.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    update:

Invincible Iron Man OHC (Fraction) v1 (19) - Not the biggest fan on Iron Man solo titles, but this was good. Would've enjoyed it more if not for some of the more unrealistic (for comics) plot threads. Maybe they get wrapped up nicely in the next volume? Fun to see where some of the movie plots are referenced from. Also, the first stuff I've read during the Osborne era, at least knowingly. Kinda hard to believe.
    Did the Fraction run ever get completed in the OHC format? I remember reading the first arc or two and really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    latest:
    Nikopol trilogy 8
    Well this was weird but very imaginative. And very European. If you want weird sci-fi in a nice, large hc get this book.
    velvet 15
    What if MoneyPenny was secretly more badass than 007? Great premise, good execution and I had a lot of fun reading it. Not the best Brubaker but I would highly recommend it to anyone especially for fans of James Bond movies.
    Bouncer 17
    Very good western from Jodorowsky, straight forward and with just a touch of weirdness and his usual incestual themes to make it unique. I was a bit afraid after Son of the gun but this is nothing like that. It's just a damn good western series with great art.
    I've been on the fence regarding Nikopol as it looks great but I wasn't sure about the story. I think it is on my list now.

Now that I'm done with the Brubaker Cap run this has moved up the reading list.

Bouncer, I love Jodorowsky but this wasn't tempting. So what is the weirdness is in it?

Scarlet #1-10: Inventive project by Bendis and Maleev about a modern day revolution that comes to an end before some interesting and essential questions can be explored. Clever storytelling.

Re Scarlet dd the series come to an end or the revolution before the questions could be resolved?

Archie Volume 2 #1-19: An excellent relaunch, and a joy to read.

Graphic Novel #20: Hostage
    Excellent piece of comics reporting, showing the life of a French NGO worker during the months he spends as a hostage of the Chechnens. Great storytelling.

Graphic Novel #21: In The Days of the Mob
    Jack Kirby at the height of his powers on crime comics not approved the Comics Code of Authority. Very interesting and generally successful experiment.

Archie was very good, I'm hoping for a nice hardcover collection.

The two GN's look cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I've been on the fence regarding Nikopol as it looks great but I wasn't sure about the story. I think it is on my list now.

Bouncer, I love Jodorowsky but this wasn't tempting. So what is the weirdness is in it?
    it's only a touch of weirdness just compared to most westerns, can't really put my finger on it right now, mostly about the incest stuff and just the overall tone and the character relationships.
    Now Nikopol on the other hand is much weirder, like if Metabarons is a cocaine fuelled cosmic rollercoaster with heavy metal in the background then Nikopol is some 90s RHCP with shrooms inspired by French arthouse stuff.

Mighty Member

Did the Fraction run ever get completed in the OHC format? I remember reading the first arc or two and really enjoying it.
    Sadly, no. There are only 2 ohcs that collect the first 32 issues or so. Heard the quality dips significantly towards the end of his run tho

Re Scarlet dd the series come to an end or the revolution before the questions could be resolved?
    The revolution started, but the series was clearly meant to last longer. It's allegedly going to have more issue sin the future.

Nikipol's pretty good.

One way it was described was that the story is intentionally vague while the art is super-detailed. It's a compelling combination.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Sadly, no. There are only 2 ohcs that collect the first 32 issues or so. Heard the quality dips significantly towards the end of his run tho
    Yeah, it kind of did but it's too bad it was never finished in OHC.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yeah, it kind of did but it's too bad it was never finished in OHC.
    I'd add Bruce Jones' Hulk to that list as well

I'd add Bruce Jones' Hulk to that list as well
    Exactly. Train left the station on that one, too.

Cheers Awayne. I'll check and see if ?I have the second one,.

it's only a touch of weirdness just compared to most westerns, can't really put my finger on it right now, mostly about the incest stuff and just the overall tone and the character relationships.
    Now Nikopol on the other hand is much weirder, like if Metabarons is a cocaine fuelled cosmic rollercoaster with heavy metal in the background then Nikopol is some 90s RHCP with shrooms inspired by French arthouse stuff.
    Nikopol sounds more like my thing, I'll put that closer to the top.

The revolution started, but the series was clearly meant to last longer. It's allegedly going to have more issue sin the future.

Nikipol's pretty good.

One way it was described was that the story is intentionally vague while the art is super-detailed. It's a compelling combination.
    I quite like books that allow you to think, so another reason to buy it.

revival dlx 2-4 36
    Loved this series, it kept me engaged, the characters were fun and enjoyable and the mysteries worked well. Bit similar to Rachel Rising in its premise but I think this had a more satisfying ending and I much prefer how Norton drew souls and all kinds of mystical stuff to Moore's drawings of angels and demons.
    Really need to get back on the Revival train, it is one of the few series I'm following in trade. Really enjoyed it so far.