Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 515
  1. #436
    Mighty Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,543

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarletSpiderBen View Post
    A very interesting concept, that holds a lot of promise. I eagerly await its execution.
    "You'll never learn to fly now 'til you're standing at the cliff."

  2. #437
    Mighty Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalWoman View Post
    According to interviews, his "devil" will be his Jackal persona.
    I actually like that idea.

  3. #438
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    A very interesting concept, that holds a lot of promise. I eagerly await its execution.
    i'm confused as to why he would need a spider-jetpack though...
    troo fan or death

  4. #439
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i'm confused as to why he would need a spider-jetpack though...
    It's a hallucination. It doesn't need to make sense.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  5. #440
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's a hallucination. It doesn't need to make sense.
    true, though in fiction they tend to at least be symbolic


    what throws me is that every other og scarlet detail is on point. if he was wearing a Viking helmet and riding a unicorn, it would make more sense to me.
    troo fan or death

  6. #441
    Mighty Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    true, though in fiction they tend to at least be symbolic


    what throws me is that every other og scarlet detail is on point. if he was wearing a Viking helmet and riding a unicorn, it would make more sense to me.
    I want to see that badly now.

  7. #442
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    123

    Default

    The new costume looks better here. Maybe they can add the wrist bracelets to the new costume.

  8. #443
    Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Now wait, I thought they said Ben would be transitioning to the classic Scarlet Spider outfit after the first arc. Is that not true anymore?? Is it just this "good guy" conscious thing instead?!?
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

  9. #444
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    Now wait, I thought they said Ben would be transitioning to the classic Scarlet Spider outfit after the first arc. Is that not true anymore?? Is it just this "good guy" conscious thing instead?!?
    chill, it's just a preview page from #1. there's barely enough info to disseminate the rocket pack let alone what the next arc entails
    troo fan or death

  10. #445
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,563

    Default

    I would be more down with this if it weren't for Bagley's art. I'm sure David's gonna knock it out of the park, but I'm not big on Bagley.
    Favorite Mythologies: Green Lantern, Batman (pre-Flashpoint), Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, the Justice League/JLA (pre-Flashpoint)

    DC Pulls - Action Comics; Batman; Hal Jordan & the GLC; Superman; Wonder Woman

    Marvel Pulls - Captain America: Steve Rogers; The Mighty Thor

    Non-Big Two Pulls - Saga; Archie

  11. #446
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I would be more down with this if it weren't for Bagley's art. I'm sure David's gonna knock it out of the park, but I'm not big on Bagley.
    neither. i'm caught between ahhh nostalgia and ugghhh he's gotten worse.
    troo fan or death

  12. #447
    Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    chill, it's just a preview page from #1. there's barely enough info to disseminate the rocket pack let alone what the next arc entails
    Sorry but I'm a huge Scarlet Spider fan! And that new costume is just not living up to the legacy in my opinion -- not remotely. So it's very important to me that this book use the classic threads. I was not on board until I heard they were going to be ditching the weird new look. So now seeing this preview that makes me concerned that maybe we weren't properly informed before?? Ugh, I hope we get confirmation soooon! Also, Ben shouldn't be evil... that's a lame premise and they should ditch it fast.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

  13. #448
    Astonishing Member boots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeWithoutFear View Post
    Sorry but I'm a huge Scarlet Spider fan! And that new costume is just not living up to the legacy in my opinion -- not remotely. So it's very important to me that this book use the classic threads. I was not on board until I heard they were going to be ditching the weird new look. So now seeing this preview that makes me concerned that maybe we weren't properly informed before?? Ugh, I hope we get confirmation soooon! Also, Ben shouldn't be evil... that's a lame premise and they should ditch it fast.
    ha, don't say sorry on my account, i get it. i would say, considering that newsarama reported it direct from marvel...you don't need to worry. marvel even felt the need to back it up by saying it would be a story driven reason for the return to OG costume.
    troo fan or death

  14. #449
    Y'know. Pav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,442

    Default

    I always liked Bags - I still think his art here looks okay - but I share the opinion that he's been better: somehow it feels less dynamic, more static than his Spidey work in the past.

    Also, I never disliked his rendition of the classic Scarlet costume, but for me, the best version is by Tom Lyle. I like the skinny, angular eyes rather than the larger rounded ones; I like the larger spider on the blue hoodie; and I like the darker shade of red that was used.

    Also, I agree with rckstr that Ben needs the external webshooters! It didn't even occur to me that they were missing, but I do love that little quirk for Ben.

    I'm getting really excited to see what PAD has in store for our boy(s).

    -Pav, who wonders if the new costume will get an explanation...
    2017 Marvel Monthly Buys: America Ben Reilly: the Scarlet Spider Iron Fist Power Man & Iron Fist Silver Surfer Spider-Gwen

  15. #450
    Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    ha, don't say sorry on my account, i get it. i would say, considering that newsarama reported it direct from marvel...you don't need to worry. marvel even felt the need to back it up by saying it would be a story driven reason for the return to OG costume.
    Thank you for understanding =) And thank you for helping put my mind at ease. I hope you're right!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I always liked Bags - I still think his art here looks okay - but I share the opinion that he's been better: somehow it feels less dynamic, more static than his Spidey work in the past.

    Also, I never disliked his rendition of the classic Scarlet costume, but for me, the best version is by Tom Lyle. I like the skinny, angular eyes rather than the larger rounded ones; I like the larger spider on the blue hoodie; and I like the darker shade of red that was used.
    I love Bagley! Historically he was my favorite comic artist for a long while. But, during the original Scarlet Spider era there were a lot of great artists going. If I am remembering correctly, Lyle was definitely one of them!!
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •