Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 164
  1. #1
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,299

    Default Marvel Teases a New Captain America

    Following events in the latest issues of "Captain America," Marvel will reveal who exactly will wear the red, white and blue uniform on Monday.


    Full article here.

  2. #2
    I am BLACK GUY dreyga2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Didn't we just get finish a run with Bucky-Cap... Fear Itself was in 2011, Steve's only been back for three years... Can't say I'm too excited for this...

    Hopefully, it's a minority or female character... That would change my tune...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Didn't we just get finish a run with Bucky-Cap... Fear Itself was in 2011, Steve's only been back for three years... Can't say I'm too excited for this...

    Hopefully, it's a minority or female character... That would change my tune...
    Well, as it mentions Issiah, a black Captain America, i.e. a minority, has been done, but another wouldn't be too bad - i.e. Patriot of the Young Avengers, or someone else.

    A woman could be good, as long as they're someone who fits with the mantle - if male, not someone like Frank again; if female, not someone like Natasha.

    Bobbi Morse still kicking around, still Mockingbird?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Bucky was my Cap. I'd love to see home come back for another stint behind the shield.

  5. #5
    Junior Member Maniacal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Wolverine is Dead. Logan is now Captain America. THAT would be somewhat insane.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Didn't the Avengers cover already give away that its Falcon.

    I would have prefered Eli Bradley but whatever
    Superman should get top billing in his f***ing sequel.

  7. #7

    Default

    Bet it's going to be Falcon.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    How can marvel tease something they've already revealed?

    On Avengers #35 cover you can clearly see that falcon has taken up the mantel of captain america while a aged Steve Rogers advises the team.

    avengers-time-runs-out.jpg

    Please update this article to reflect this.

  9. #9

    Default

    So realistically whomever will take up the mantle will get two trades worth of stories (possibly 3 with Marvel's double shipping) before Steve comes back just in time for Avengers 2 next year.

    And it'll be Falcon, just because an African American Cap is "controversial" enough to make the mainstream news outlets (even though at this point it's really not)
    Monthly Pull List: All-New Ghost Rider, Batman/Superman, Burn The Orphanage, Captain Marvel, Cyclops, Daredevil, Detective Comics, Grayson, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Justice League, Ms. Marvel, Nova, Peanuts, Rachel Rising, Rocket Raccoon, Superman/Wonder Woman

  10. #10

    Default

    From the cover, I assume it's Falcon.

    Edit: and I see that Marvel spoiled it already anyway.
    Last edited by Scavenger; 07-05-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    Static Pulse: That's why I like you. You're like four degrees away from being a William Gibson protagonist.
    Old board post count: 2,089

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Wolverine is Dead. Logan is now Captain America. THAT would be somewhat insane.
    Wouldn't that make Logan "Captain North America" because he is Canadian?

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    So realistically whomever will take up the mantle will get two trades worth of stories (possibly 3 with Marvel's double shipping) before Steve comes back just in time for Avengers 2 next year.

    And it'll be Falcon, just because an African American Cap is "controversial" enough to make the mainstream news outlets (even though at this point it's really not)
    Well you know he won't be white.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Would love a black, lesbian Cap.

  14. #14
    Junior Member Maniacal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonn View Post
    Wouldn't that make Logan "Captain North America" because he is Canadian?
    Everything above Central America is North America. This includes Canada and the United States.

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19

    Default

    The boy Cap raised for 12 years in Dimension Z.....Ian ?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •