Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Guy View Post
    I don't remember Diversity & Comics saying that, but Earnst did. I personally thought it was a very good issue.
    I thought so too.
    I enjoy the series.
    Spider-Family is very cool!

Mighty Member

I don't remember Diversity & Comics saying that, but Earnst did. I personally thought it was a very good issue.
    Diversity didn't exactly say it, but it was in the clickbait title of his review of the issue

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Diversity didn't exactly say it, but it was in the clickbait title of his review of the issue
    He said it was "an anti-SJW classic", which is a good thing.

Mighty Member

Actually, I may have been mistaken, I think it was Captain Cummings.

Do people really talk like this?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Actually, I may have been mistaken, I think it was Captain Cummings.
    Maybe. I honestly don't remember him talking about Renew Your Vows.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Do people really talk like this?
    He certainly does.

He certainly does.
    I can't take anyone who actually uses a phrase like "an anti-SJW classic" seriously.

I can't take anyone who actually uses a phrase like "an anti-SJW classic" seriously.
    I never felt that the term Social Justice Warrior in the many 'negative terms' out in the world was really a bad thing (same goes for 'diversity' that I don't know why it had to be a hot topic but personally I feel it is a positive thing to have diversity of styles, art, storytelling, characters, ect as people are different and might like or want to see different things and variations).
    Think about what that is being said when somebody says SJW. A person who believes there is a problem in present society. A wrong to somebody who might be in need help and deserves justice and being 'a warrior' you are a person who is willing to stand up for other humans to have rights. Now that is a positive thing of having humans wanting to help other humans.
    Cons link to the term and used negatively is really when a personal belief is so enforced at the point where not a conversation can happen between two people and just flame wars happen that hurts both sides with neither side willing to listen and have a proper debate about things.

Now for this person saying the RYVs is a "anti-SJW classic" I really don't understand how exactly. I don't think/feel the writer was aiming for a "anti-SJW" comic. Just a writer wanting to make a enjoyable comic fans would like that involved a superhero family staring a Peter, MJ, and their daughter Annie in a AU. A world began by Dan during Secret Wars and continued now by other writers like many series goes though. Who might appear later is unknown plus storylines and varieties but I hope the comic remains enjoyable/great quality.

I don't mind hearing/reading other people's thoughts on subject and hearing a difference of opinions. It can be disappointing hearing a view that we might not share or be on the other side about but we can always aim for a civil debate and explanations to our thoughts. Sometimes I might partially don't agree on a subject, sometime fully don't agree yet maybe I might understand where the person is coming from based on the explanation, and sometimes I feel a bit uneasy or feel that personally the reviewer didn't give a proper shot to something or so one sided towards something that it was impossible to break through the preconceived views but it can get even worse when the speaker starts to insult fans for liking what he/she doesn't. Then I (usually as sometimes against my better judgment I might feel the need to speak up) don't comment on anything and I just walk away.

I find hearing from people in the industry such as store owners or maybe people working in comics or entertainments and have first hand experiences have a better expression and explanations due to experiences. I also find it can be a regional thing (I know a store owner who owns three locations and he learned quickly some titles that can't sell at all in one location might go off the shelves at another based on the community and readers at those locations thus it can be a regional and cultural aspects that can come into play).

Overall one fan/fanatic can't truly speak for everybody but themselves. That includes me. Something I don't honestly enjoy another might honestly love and the other way around. But despite differences we can try our best to be respectful to each other and know we are people who are not one minded.

Personally I love RYVs, Spider-Gwen, plus so many other new characters and series that has been made within the past 5 years from Marvel, DC, and other companies. If I don't like something then that's that but I don't feel the need to make war plus maybe it's not right for me presently but a new writer and artist might come in or a friend tells me that the writer 'grew the bread' and I check the series out then suddenly I'm hooked. All characters are fictional but it's the writers and artists who make the characters quality as good or bad as we see them (and all writers and artists try their best I feel unless otherwise stated by them) and this applies to both new and old.

All this is my opinion.

Mighty Member

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS #12
    RYAN STEGMAN (w)
    BRIAN LEVEL (a)
    Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    It all comes down to this!
    Normie Osborn vs. the Spider-Family!
    Everything changes after this. Guaranteed.
    32 PGS./Rated T $3.99
    https://www.newsarama.com/35418-marv...citations.html

Fantastic Member

I'm more hyped for this issue than anything that was announced in Marvel Legacy.

Interesting that MJ still appears to be wearing Venom on that cover...

Mighty Member

Interesting that MJ still appears to be wearing Venom on that cover...
    I really don't think she's going to have it much longer. Especially if they're promising ''everything'' will change. It's tying up the entirety of the year's loose ends. She's in her Spinnerett outfit on the teen Annie Legacy cover.

And we really need to find out what happened to Gerry Conway. Is anyone here tweeting him to know what's going on with his absence from the title?

It might be connected to Venom appearing on the cover as well.

Though I'm really going to miss that costume .

Well, nice cover, although I'm not sure how much sense it makes right now. Hope the upcoming issues will set up why all those characters are involved.