Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899
Results 1,471 to 1,482 of 1482
  1. #1471
    Fantastic Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    RYV didn't make the top 100 again.
    Time to call the Spider-Marriage fans so they can panicaly buy more issues again

  2. #1472
    Extraordinary Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8,226

    Default

    Eh, there were four Avengers issues instead of three, so that's one explained. Damage and Silencer from DC are both new books, another two places justified. Legion actually placed at 100. I think we can call that X book a flop - but it still knocked RYV (as well as Scarlet Spider, Gwen, and Champions) down a place. I bet the sales numbers will be similar to last month - and new launches explain the lower position. Positions don't matter, it's the actual sales estimate we need to look at.

  3. #1473
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eh, there were four Avengers issues instead of three, so that's one explained. Damage and Silencer from DC are both new books, another two places justified. Legion actually placed at 100. I think we can call that X book a flop - but it still knocked RYV (as well as Scarlet Spider, Gwen, and Champions) down a place. I bet the sales numbers will be similar to last month - and new launches explain the lower position. Positions don't matter, it's the actual sales estimate we need to look at.
    In terms of single issues anyway, Scarlet Spider did well in the trade charts.

  4. #1474
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,540

    Default

    Tom Brevoort on Twitter (posted this in the "Brevoort talks marriage" thread also)

    On the one hand, it feels wrong to me that so many comics are about super heroes getting married and having children and being parents. On the other hand, this may be a natural evolution as the mean audience age gets higher.
    https://twitter.com/TomBrevoort/stat...01781673664512

  5. #1475
    Astonishing Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    3,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    RYV didn't make the top 100 again.
    It will be what it will be.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  6. #1476

  7. #1477
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,540

    Default

    Read issue 16 today. Boy is Annie cold to Peter in this one.

  8. #1478
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,540

    Default

    Jodie Houser has landed a writing gig for Doctor Who..being one of several female talents to work on the female 13th Doctor

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...doctor-comics/

  9. #1479
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Read issue 16 today. Boy is Annie cold to Peter in this one.
    Yeah, but in all fairness, what teenager hasn't wanted some space from their parents at some point in their lives? What teenager hasn't been cold and insensitive to their parents' emotional vulnerabilities at some point in their adolescence? The whole point of that stage in life is trying to develop an independent identity from one's parents, so as unfair as she was to Peter, I could understand it in that context. Still, I'm pretty sure the arc is being set up to teach her a valuable lesson in not being so quick to pull away from her parents, especially if or when her attempt to control/manage the current situation blows up in her face.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Jodie Houser has landed a writing gig for Doctor Who..being one of several female talents to work on the female 13th Doctor

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...doctor-comics/
    I hope she does well and that it doesn't bite into doing Renew Your Vows.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  10. #1480
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, but in all fairness, what teenager hasn't wanted some space from their parents at some point in their lives? What teenager hasn't been cold and insensitive to their parents' emotional vulnerabilities at some point in their adolescence? The whole point of that stage in life is trying to develop an independent identity from one's parents, so as unfair as she was to Peter, I could understand it in that context. Still, I'm pretty sure the arc is being set up to teach her a valuable lesson in not being so quick to pull away from her parents, especially if or when her attempt to control/manage the current situation blows up in her face.
    Maybe it's just because Mayday wasn't like this that I'm making unfair comparisons. Annie got started a lot earlier, so her ego will be bigger and her maturity less so because of it.

  11. #1481
    Extraordinary Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    8,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Jodie Houser has landed a writing gig for Doctor Who..being one of several female talents to work on the female 13th Doctor

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02...doctor-comics/
    Which means a writer called Jody is writing about a character played by another Jodie on TV, lol.

  12. #1482
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Maybe it's just because Mayday wasn't like this that I'm making unfair comparisons. Annie got started a lot earlier, so her ego will be bigger and her maturity less so because of it.
    Pretty much. Annie's been a superhero since childhood and had her powers all her life instead of discovering them in mid-adolescence like Mayday did, so of course she's got more of a swelled head and thinks she's got it all figured out already. Given last issue, I'm thinking this is going to be a major aspect of her character growth, learning that her parents (particularly her dad, who's been a superhero for roughly 30 years by this point in-universe) are smarter and wiser than she thinks they are and that sometimes, she's better off leaning on them for help or counsel than trying to do it all on her own.

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Which means a writer called Jody is writing about a character played by another Jodie on TV, lol.
    Ha, yes, difference in spelling aside. That certainly sounds like fun.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •