Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Daska View Post
    I live in a town that doesn't have a comic shop, (well it has a toy store that can order comics for you, but half the time the employees forget and then try to convince you the comic you wanted them to order doesn't exist) so I give money to my best friend who lives in a larger city that has a comic book shop. She buys my comics and then texts me the digital code. When I visited her I would pick up the actual comics. Now I won't be able to do that anymore. I don't know how I am going to get my comics.
    buy online
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I live in Canada and all the comic book stores are American. With the difference in the dollar I can't afford it. But thank you for the suggestion, I used to do that when the dollar difference wasn't so much. If worse comes to worse I guess I will just have to buy digital copies online. But I really love having the actual comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daska View Post
    I live in Canada and all the comic book stores are American. With the difference in the dollar I can't afford it. But thank you for the suggestion, I used to do that when the dollar difference wasn't so much. If worse comes to worse I guess I will just have to buy digital copies online. But I really love having the actual comic.
    Too bad you can't open your own comic book shop.

Mechanically Insane shadow panther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Yeah, gonna miss selling those codes
    yeah I as well will miss selling them

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Agreed on this point. I can understand why they're removing the codes (to prevent trading/gray market sales) but the BS marketing spin that this is somehow bringing more value to customers and are designed to get people to visit their LCS more often really sticks in my craw.
    Yeah, that was my thought from the announcement. It's their choice whether to offer the codes or not, but it's hypocritical garbage to claim that it's going to be good for either customers or retailers. Every possible reaction hurts retail sales.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Just severely cut the comics I buy at my LCS due to this new policy. I have a physical disability and rely on the digital copy but enjoyed still having physical copies and supporting my lcs. It looks like I'll be buying online and less than I was because I'm not getting the same value I used to get
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

I'm mostly upset that all the old codes i had and was "just in case" saving for trade are apparently expired.

Mechanically Insane shadow panther's Avatar

Marvel saved me $21.95 this week, I voted with my wallet. This week I bought Spider-Man 2099 #20. I was going to but chose not to buy

Avengers #4
    Champions #5
    Gwenpool #11
    Monsters Unleashed #2
    All-New X-Men #1.MU

Reviewing FEB17 Previews (for April 2017 release), Marvel's removal of digital codes has been an unexpected boon.

Purchase List ($15.96):
    ELEKTRA #3 $3.99
    GAMORA #5 $3.99
    HAWKEYE #5 $3.99
    THUNDERBOLTS #12 $3.99

Stuff I would've purchased with the digital copies but will not anymore ($90.78):
    SECRET EMPIRE #0 (OF 9) $4.99
    X-MEN BLUE #1 $4.99
    X-MEN BLUE #2 $3.99
    X-MEN GOLD #1 $4.99
    X-MEN GOLD #2 $3.99
    ALL NEW WOLVERINE #19 $3.99
    WEAPON X #1 $3.99
    WEAPON X #2 $3.99
    CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #15 $3.99
    CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #16 $3.99
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #6 $3.99
    SILK #19 $3.99
    AMERICA #2 $3.99
    JESSICA JONES #7 $3.99
    BULLSEYE #3 (OF 5) $3.99
    KINGPIN #3 $3.99
    UNSTOPPABLE WASP #4 $3.99
    THANOS #6 $3.99
    ROCKET RACCOON #5 $3.99
    OLD MAN LOGAN #21 $3.99
    OLD MAN LOGAN #22 $3.99
    STAR WARS DARTH MAUL #3 (OF 5) $3.99
    Currently Following:
    Superman, Action Comics, Superwoman, Super Sons, Detective Comics, Batman, All-Star Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Batwoman, Justice League of America, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Flash, Harley Quinn, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Old Guard, Black Widow, Elektra, Gamora, Hawkeye, Thunderbolts, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja, Vampirella, Charmed, Nancy Drew, X-O Manowar