Page 36 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i like how they've built up jiren since the early eps. aside from the intro, we know next to nothing about jiren's combat abilities and skills. we know he's the strongest of the pride troopers, so much so that even his G.O.D. speaks highly of him. we know he has some kind of sixth sense. and we know that the other fighters don't seem to eager to fight him and he doesn't seem to want to just fight anyone and everyone who crosses him. and like toppo, he doesn't seem to have a high opinion of goku, if not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i like how they've built up jiren since the early eps. aside from the intro, we know next to nothing about jiren's combat abilities and skills. we know he's the strongest of the pride troopers, so much so that even his G.O.D. speaks highly of him. we know he has some kind of sixth sense. and we know that the other fighters don't seem to eager to fight him and he doesn't seem to want to just fight anyone and everyone who crosses him. and like toppo, he doesn't seem to have a high opinion of goku, if not at all.
    I am interested to see what he has when it gets down to the best. I would think that no one would have a high opinion of Goku as this was kind of his idea. Does this all lead up to a SSB fusion to win the tournament, they already did it once, but with earrings. Anyway it is done I like they are back to the tournaments loved it on Dragon Ball. I would have preferred that the everything dying stipulation was not there, and it was just to see who is the strongest under the heavens .

Mighty Member

Krillin's showing was respectable. He got an assist for Roshi's KO, and I think we can credit his attack with limiting the bird-guy's ability to save himself by flying. He got a joint KO with 18, and a KO all to himself before getting knocked out by 1 of the more powerful fighters in the tournament. If the tournament measured the most KOs per team, then he would have done his fair share. But it's a matter of being left standing, so his being knocked out was a bigger loss than the 3 victories he had this episode, and puts universe 7 behind.

Beerus telling Krillin to cheer the others on was a definite contrast with the other gods of destruction, who seem to just yell at whoever gets thrown out.

Interesting that Gohan seems to be doing nothing. He occasionally gives out advice, but he doesn't seem to be fighting even though he's one of the strongest fighters in the whole tournament behind Goku, Vegeta, Jiren, and maybe others like Frieza and Hit. That makes it look like they're saving him for when the playing field thins, and the new ending makes it look like he and Goku will be the last ones standing when the other 8 Universe 7 fighters are KO'd.

Seeing Krillin eliminated so quickly hurts, because I wanted to see more Krillin/18 team-ups. Alas, though, Super tends to have twists and turns kind of like Game of Thrones (way more family friendly, of course), and this is one of them.

On the plus side, though, let's remember that Goku recruited him for his battlefield creativity, and we saw that when he helped get rid of 3 fighters in a single episode. I'd love it if he did some assistant coaching from the sidelines next to Beerus. He can still help the team with his creativity, even if he can't fight anymore.
    "Until the lion learns to write, every story will glorify the hunter."
    --African proverb

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Krillin's showing was respectable. He got an assist for Roshi's KO, and I think we can credit his attack with limiting the bird-guy's ability to save himself by flying. He got a joint KO with 18, and a KO all to himself before getting knocked out by 1 of the more powerful fighters in the tournament. If the tournament measured the most KOs per team, then he would have done his fair share. But it's a matter of being left standing, so his being knocked out was a bigger loss than the 3 victories he had this episode, and puts universe 7 behind.

Beerus telling Krillin to cheer the others on was a definite contrast with the other gods of destruction, who seem to just yell at whoever gets thrown out.

Interesting that Gohan seems to be doing nothing. He occasionally gives out advice, but he doesn't seem to be fighting even though he's one of the strongest fighters in the whole tournament behind Goku, Vegeta, Jiren, and maybe others like Frieza and Hit. That makes it look like they're saving him for when the playing field thins, and the new ending makes it look like he and Goku will be the last ones standing when the other 8 Universe 7 fighters are KO'd.
    i think gohan is just being smart. as we've seen, just jumping in and fighting isn't the best since it's a battle royal and dropping your guard for even a second can get you eliminated. and because gohan lacks his father's innate battle skills or senses, he has to play it safe since he's the brains of the team.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    But then what was the point of Toei making this a team battle in the 1st place?!

Then they are wasting out time and concepts this arc could have created, the build up ideal of that you can only win by looking out for each other and putting the care of that and the whole of your universe above your desires for fights and power.

This concept and possibilities are so much so in this arc for solo characters to learn this lesson and push Dragon Ball in a more unique direction. For the Dragon Ball Franchise to end is unending downward spiral theme of Pure Power Trumps All and only they matter all the time and show that threats using teamwork can overcome more powerful obstacles, this was greatly shown in what I saw of the original Dragon Ball and the Saiyan and Frieza Sagas in Z.

The Fact that this will just boils down to Goku, Vegeta and Freeza just steamrolling over other teams cause they Punch-Really-Really-Harder while using little tactics while the other teams use good and arc theme based team tactics but get easily curved stomped cause Goku and Vegeta just punch Punch-Really-Really-Harder More this time just ruins the concept of the arc and wastes the hype and ideal of even making these teams by Toei cause they end up wasting our time.

They just should have been honest with viewers and made this a 3 man thing with Goku, Vegeta and Freeza then instead of 10 if so many characters from many of the other Universes are then used as such dead weight and red-shirts.

AGAIN............it is early in the fight part of the arc and they can fix this, but so far these 2 episodes are off to not such a good start. They have time to Improve and I am still enjoying, but they need to turn this ship around soon.

In the End.........Episode 98 Alone made Universes 9 Far more Interesting to Me, Gained My Respect More and My Fandom allot more! This is cause they honestly fought and even lost as mostly a team, but IMO they did it together, more so far then I can say for Universe 7.

I feel we've gotten snippets of U7's teamwork so far:
    - Krillin/18 showed how their union brought the synnergy needed ,s o that Krillin was fighting above his weight effortlessly
    - Gohan's main squad held off U9, and fought off anyone trying to break their formation
    - Goku/ Vegeta taking the Danger Trio

So we'll see it when sh*t gets real, but this is the "get rid of the fodder" phase of the tourney

Meet Brianne de Chateau! CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    I feel we've gotten snippets of U7's teamwork so far:
    - Krillin/18 showed how their union brought the synnergy needed ,s o that Krillin was fighting above his weight effortlessly
    - Gohan's main squad held off U9, and fought off anyone trying to break their formation
    - Goku/ Vegeta taking the Danger Trio

So we'll see it when sh*t gets real, but this is the "get rid of the fodder" phase of the tourney
    I feel that Episode 99 was ALLOT better in showing this cause it was not all Goku and Vegeta leading the charge like last episode. I don't really take them as teammates, they do it out of yea now but after go their separate ways which happen in this episode and BLAH going on about who would be the 1 and Main one left Standing........I Mean.............Serious............SERIOUS?!

Goku, Vegeta...........Are you Even in the same Tournament and with the same rules to winning as everyone else, that is a Really Stupid and Dangerous Plan! SHM.

Besides that, the Teamwork of Main Gohan team was the real gold here, it lead to smart hold your ground tactics while not wasting energy and health on unnecessary fights. The teamwork as you said lead to the Parrot Fighter being KOed so that was a showing of success.............slow and stead wins the race, Gohan's side shows that pretty decently.

Krillin and 18 where a treat in this episode, the SAVE was Gentleman Heroic and the Catch Ball between the 2 was WHAT I have been waiting to see from the #7's, combine attacks and skills and you gain strength and do it on purpose not just cause it is the right timing, this was LOVELY to see between husband and wife!

Krillin's only negative was to much gloating with his Charlie Brown face and Smile, LOL, never celebrate during a War.

But besides that, Krillin was a great shine today and I am happy for ALL Krillin Fans out their he got some prime shine moments today!

I hope the #7's kept their act together still with Gohan's side and Goku and Vegeta Finally get a Clue again on how to win this.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 07-16-2017 at 04:28 PM.
    Meet Dragon Ball Super's Brianne De Chateau!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_uF7wkiWWY&t=7s
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I feel that Episode 99 was ALLOT better in showing this cause it was not all Goku and Vegeta leading the charge like last episode. I don't really take them as teammates, they do it out of yea now but after go their separate ways which happen in this episode and BLAH going on about who would be the 1 and Main one left Standing........I Mean.............Serious............SERIOUS?!

Goku, Vegeta...........Are you Even in the same Tournament and with the same rules to winning as everyone else, that is a Really Stupid and Dangerous Plan! SHM.

Besides that, the Teamwork of Main Gohan team was the real gold here, it lead to smart hold your ground tactics while not wasting energy and health on unnecessary fights. The teamwork as you said lead to the Parrot Fighter being KOed so that was a showing of success.............slow and stead wins the race, Gohan's side shows that pretty decently.

Krillin and 18 where a treat in this episode, the SAVE was Gentleman Heroic and the Catch Ball between the 2 was WHAT I have been waiting to see from the #7's, combine attacks and skills and you gain strength and do it on purpose not just cause it is the right timing, this was LOVELY to see between husband and wife!

Krillin's only negative was to much gloating with his Charlie Brown face and Smile, LOL, never celebrate during a War.

But besides that, Krillin was a great shine today and I am happy for ALL Krillin Fans out their he got some prime shine moments today!

I hope the #7's kept their act together still with Gohan's side and Goku and Vegeta Finally get a Clue again on how to win this.
    that's the thing about the Z-fighters: they are a team but not really a team. a good example of a team with great team work is the strawhat pirates.

Meet Brianne de Chateau! CJStriker's Avatar

that's the thing about the Z-fighters: they are a team but not really a team. a good example of a team with great team work is the strawhat pirates.
    I am not really suprised by this in the end, most of Dragon Ball since the start of the Android Arc has been a solo show of fights and HEAVY, HEAVY, TOO HEAVY Reliance on the Major Powerhouses like Goku, Vegeta and most any Saiyan to win the day. To Translate that into teamwork in 40 hours with the Egos that Team has and Freeza to boot was a Titanic Level Near Impossibility sadly!

I still hoped some small amount would trickle down to Vegeta and Goku who are the worst at it but besides alittle in the moment working together with #9 verse, it is what we have seen already between those 2 and it just seems to stay that way even with the Faiths of Trillions on their Hands, sadly it goes in one ear and out the other with those 2.

That is why I DON'T believe Universe 7 will win this.

I think it will again come down to Goku but his lack of honest prep and neglect of watching out for his team like the arc made it vital to do will lay to much on his shoulders, he will go nuts and many get a little evil angry but will lose to Superior numbers in this by the end.

I also would find it Boring of U-7 does win, it be cut-n-paste the same story like all the others, this is the 1 story you don't have to have them win and they still have possibility to even lose their universe and still come back.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 07-16-2017 at 04:57 PM.
    Meet Dragon Ball Super's Brianne De Chateau!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_uF7wkiWWY&t=7s
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread!

Fantastic Member

I'm still going with Vegeta or Mystic/Blue Gohan will be the one to win this, as Toriyama has built a solid contrast between father and son over the course of this arc. Goku's arrogance is gonna get him screwed over by Frieza, either against Kaulifla or Jiren.

Whatever universe wins will probably bring the rest back using the super dragon balls that way they can do whatever they want then cancel it out when the arc is done.

Astonishing Member

i think gohan is just being smart. as we've seen, just jumping in and fighting isn't the best since it's a battle royal and dropping your guard for even a second can get you eliminated. and because gohan lacks his father's innate battle skills or senses, he has to play it safe since he's the brains of the team.
    Gohan's strategy seems to be working so far, for what its worth. The only team members that have been pushed out or close to it were the ones that broke rank.

The problem is many of the Z-fighters have no idea how to work as a team and little inclination to learn.

I'm half expecting U7 to lose this one. Between Goku losing to Beerus, Frieza blowng up the Earth, Goku being eliminated twice in the U6 tournament (yes, there were mitigating circumstances, but they were both shocking), and Goku and Vegeta's failure to save Trunks' world (indeed, that they only accelerated that timeline's destruction), I wouldn't be surprised if it turn out that Goku bit off more than he could chew.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Whatever universe wins will probably bring the rest back using the super dragon balls that way they can do whatever they want then cancel it out when the arc is done.
    I suspect this will be the case, but we also haven't seen much reason or development for any other non U7 fighters to feel that way. Hit maybe comes closest, but we've yet to see him in action. The Justice League, I mean, Pride Troopers are the most tradtionally super-heroic, obviously, but we haven't seen them show any incentive to save the other universes, either. I'd love to see how this all plays out.
    "Until the lion learns to write, every story will glorify the hunter."
    --African proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm half expecting U7 to lose this one. Between Goku losing to Beerus, Frieza blowng up the Earth, Goku being eliminated twice in the U6 tournament (yes, there were mitigating circumstances, but they were both shocking), and Goku and Vegeta's failure to save Trunks' world (indeed, that they only accelerated that timeline's destruction), I wouldn't be surprised if it turn out that Goku bit off more than he could chew.

I suspect this will be the case, but we also haven't seen much reason or development for any other non U7 fighters to feel that way. Hit maybe comes closest, but we've yet to see him in action. The Justice League, I mean, Pride Troopers are the most tradtionally super-heroic, obviously, but we haven't seen them show any incentive to save the other universes, either. I'd love to see how this all plays out.
    I was disappointed that they let Goku back into that U7 vs U6 battle, they should have let Vegeta take the rest instead of bringing Goku back in. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out I would prefer that the Z fighters do not win, but odds are they probably will and then Freeza can come back to life and we get Goku vs Freeza 3. I really wish they had not made the universe eliminated stipulation, I am sure some love the drama of it all with big stakes, but I just want a nice tournament to see who is the best not the big end of the world stories that DBZ had.

Amazing Member

GT is the more interesting conceptual continuation of the franchise than Super but Super is more consistent.

GT is interesting because it parallels the series's evolution where it began as more of a wacky sci-fi action comedy then when off to be the more serious sci-fi action series. So it's kind of a hybrid of the DB and DBZ.