Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283
Results 1,231 to 1,241 of 1241
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the shadow dragons were a good concept but executed horrible. for one thing, outside of nova and omega, i don't remember a thing about them. they didn't really stand out as far as villains or characters go. for another, instead of having the whole gang together to stop them, it was only goku and pan who did the majority of the work. not that GT was any good at focusing on any other character not named goku. and the final battle with omega shenron was..........forgettable. which was the problem with the fights in GT as a whole.
    Some of the designs were shocking as well. The only good ones were Nova, Eis and Omega. Omega being the best. The only fight that is truly memorable for me is SS4 vs Golden Oozaru Baby. in saying that, it could - and should - have been one of the best fights in the entirety of Dragonball.

Spectacular Member

Ep 116

So…this is the end of the Saiyan vs Saiyan battle in the TOP. While I think that the placement of the battle really should have been after Vegeta vs Toppo, Gohan& Piccolo vs U6 Namek or maybe even after Ribrianne and U2 vs the Androids in order to give Goku a cool down first, ultimately I can live with how Toei chose to portray this.
    This is a pretty good win for Goku, his track record in DBS hasn’t been all that good and defeating someone that isn’t too far off from his SSJB level is pretty good. We’ve also had our first Super Saiyan antagonist in continuity and it’s a female Super Saiyan antagonist too. Goku has never really fought a female antagonist outside of ChiChi and that was pretty much a joke fight. So I like the fight.

Unless they’ll have a rematch later on , Vegeta vs Toppo, Gohan& Piccolo vs U6 Namek were just placeholder fight so that they didn’t come help Goku, (not so sure why the Androids didn’t intervene though, should have shown Goku telling them AND Freeza that he wants to fight the two girls alone)

Kefla was pretty much Caulifla 100% with bigger powers, enough to challenge Goku and provoke UI. She reminded me WAY too much of Gotenks (and I’m pretty sure this is one of the many reason why Toriyama or Toyotaro didn’t write them in since an expy of them was going to be an opponent to Goku)

Storywise, I hope we don’t see Kefla again if the U6 Saiyan girls are revisited/ reappear as ally or competitors, being Gotenks hurts Trunk and Goten as character by limiting what they each individually can bring to the table. I’d rather have each of them see the potential that they each can achieve from their merger and strive to reach it individually. (Kale may need extra motive)

The fight in 116 was pretty cool and the fact that UI still needs ironing out for Goku is intriguing. Now the obvious way the story will go is that he’ll master it and the offensive capability needed for it and defeat Jiren in the remaining time BUT I seriously hope we get some sort of curve in the tournament.

Say what you will about some of the fan’s wild predictions (Goku and Jiren will ring each other out early in the tournament, Vegeta will be an early ring out, The last one standing will be Roshi…etc, etc ,etc) the tournament has been playing it pretty safe for the U7 team with the ring out going by the power levels of each of them (with Roshi outlasting Tien and Kurillin being the only shocker) Tnere s a bit of predictability that has crept through in how the story seems to be going.

So…. maybe just to keep things unpredictable, they shouldn’t go for the obvious end game with Goku gaining UI and able to defeat Jiren. I’m hoping that either Jiren wins and his wish leads in to another Arc or Goku and co. wins through other way (outnumbering and outlasting Jiren, Goku is no longer much of a factor in the final fight, etc etc)

For 117, it seems Ribrianne is finally going Eternal SailorMoon… considering that we need other strong opponents for the rest of the U7 team to have decent showing against and the fact that Katopesla (U3’s policeman) is a bit of a parody of Kamen Rider… I think it’s time he also get his Final Form as well.

Also with the U6 Namekian duo being the last one from U6, I really hope they have something in their sleeve outside of giving Piccolo his one big fight… (Piccolo fans will crucify me for this …but what if they have a way to temporarily merge with each other and absorb Piccolo INTO them ala Buu. This new U6 Namekian could be a powerful foe for Gohan and a redemption for how he lets Piccolo-Gotenk Buu got to him psychologically in the Z-Anime)

Also, a thought occur to me and I’m beginning to wonder if Goku will LIKE Ultra Instinct all that much, it’s clear that when he attack, he couldn’t use it’s full power because he was thinking about how to attack and all lessening it’s power…. Which leads me to wonder… Goku LIKES fighting, he’s a fight junkie but fighting with his body on AUTO should not be something he would WANT or gain pleasure from. The form IS necessary against Jiren and Kefla but…does Goku LIKE fighting on AUTO with his mind being just a passenger instead of him working his hardest both physically and mentally to win? I don’t think so… and this may be something for Goku to ponder about in the next arc.

Astonishing Member

The Xenos are too simple to be long range planners, but the High Priest is another matter, we still don't know what his true intentions are.

Assuming U7 wins, Goku is going to unleash Freeza on the Mulitiverse, a Freeza who knows that ultimate power is attainable.

If Goku or somebody wishes all the erased universes back, who would get pissed off by that? (I know the U9 Angel hated his job and he might try to get
    revenge if U9 and, his duty returned).

There's plenty of stuff that could fall out from the Universe Survival Arc not even counting the "U7 Sayans going to visit U6" arc that everyone thinks will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    Still waiting for Ribrianne or one of the other U2 ladies to try and use a charm spell/attack on Vegeta.... only for it to utterly fail.

Why? "I am happily married, to the most wonderful woman in Universe 7, with 2 incredible children. I'm not tempted at all!"

Still expecting Jiren to be the last man standing, but to have Universe 7 win via the most unconscious bodies still in the arena. Possibly put there by Frieza "helping" his allies.
    Freiza in the ToP is what Vegeta was in the Namek saga, the wildcard. He has been a treasure this arc
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Invincible Member Sacred Knight's Avatar

Caulifla, Kale, and Cabba definitely need to stick around. They need to be part of the group of fighters who take on the next threat in the next big arc (I'm anticipating Vegeta and Goku going to U6 to be one of those shorter interlude type stories). It would make sense anyway considering the next threat pretty much has to be one of a multiversal level.
    They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son. - Jor-El.

Given the manga's alternate take on events and the fact that both mediums are supposed to be following the same overall plot I find the Grand Priest being a secret villain theory to be doubtful at this point, the manga version of events clearly shows Zeno being the one who issues the orders
    Last edited by Hiromi; Yesterday at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Given the manga's alternate take on events and the fact that both mediums are supposed to be following the same overall plot I find the Grand Priest being a secret villain theory to be doubtful at this point, the manga version of events clearly shows Zeno being the one who issues the orders
    Zeno is still a child-minded being that, if done right, is easy to manipulate.

But even without evil Grand Priest story arc, there's still quite a bit to explore in Super. We have ultimate evil villain Freeza, visiting Sadala (Goku and Vegeta could take the families to visit Sadala), Gohan could hang out with the Pride Troopers and compare poses, Piccolo could get in touch with his U6 cousins, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Zeno is still a child-minded being that, if done right, is easy to manipulate.

But even without evil Grand Priest story arc, there's still quite a bit to explore in Super. We have ultimate evil villain Freeza, visiting Sadala (Goku and Vegeta could take the families to visit Sadala), Gohan could hang out with the Pride Troopers and compare poses, Piccolo could get in touch with his U6 cousins, etc.
    Piccolo does not even keep in touch with Namek's in his own universe do not see him jumping across unless they are all much stronger then the U7 Nameks and can teach him something new .

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Piccolo does not even keep in touch with Namek's in his own universe do not see him jumping across unless they are all much stronger then the U7 Nameks and can teach him something new .
    Well, the Nameks of U7 were pretty peaceful and quiet. And recovering from a distant drought. But it could be interesting to see how the U6 Nameks differ from U7 ones.

Fantastic Member Robotech Master's Avatar

U7 Nameks were mostly around the 3000 power level range, and topped out with Nail at 42,000. Whereas U6 Namekians have produced at least two individuals capable of fighting with current Piccolo, which puts them around Perfect Cell level, possibly more since Gohan has not been one shoting them (unclear if he's using the Mystic power up or not though).

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    U7 Nameks were mostly around the 3000 power level range, and topped out with Nail at 42,000. Whereas U6 Namekians have produced at least two individuals capable of fighting with current Piccolo, which puts them around Perfect Cell level, possibly more since Gohan has not been one shoting them (unclear if he's using the Mystic power up or not though).
    Considering how Piccolo casually kicked SSJ2 Gohan's ass when they were training, the two are way stronger than Cell.