Page 91 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1560

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The owners are notoriously petty. Mara speerheaded a salary cap violation penalty against division rivals Cowboys and Redskins... in an uncapped year. Pretty much every owner turned their back on Kraft because they were still pissed over Spygate.

Kraft and Jones are probably the two most important league owners since the 1990's. Like far and away the two most influential and important and their teams have the most Super Bowls in that timeframe. Then there are the Rooney's and Mara's who are the old blood of the league and they have a lot of sway and power based off family name. Those two groups have often politely clashed. It's also no secret that Mara has the favor of the front office. As Lensman pointed out, the Davis family has taken a lot on the chin for a long time because of Al. Marc had to play nice and agree to stay out of the fight for LA and let the Ram's and Chargers figure it out so that he could finally get a decent shake with the Vegas deal.

That's not to say they are all bad or anything, but they are part of a club where most of them want to be the alpha and view others as rivals.
    That stands out as even worse to me since all Dallas and Washington really did was drop overpriced busts to take the cap hit in the uncapped year. Trying to buy a super-talented roster was not what they were doing, instead they were trying to take advantage of the uncapped year to get out from under some serious signing blunders.

Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    I love watching Hill play. He's so dynamic and quick. I wish the Cowboys had him.
    It was joked that the Chiefs have gambled twice on 2 off field players who had some issues (Marcus Peters ...Tyreek Hill). Both pledged to be better people and move on. So far Peters has and has become a shut down CB in the defense. Back last year people questioned if KC would draft a star defensive tackle over his off field issues. But Reid decided to go in another direction. As he claimed KC wasn't out to change every player who had issues off the field . Those 2 were case by case basis .

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That stands out as even worse to me since all Dallas and Washington really did was drop overpriced busts to take the cap hit in the uncapped year. Trying to buy a super-talented roster was not what they were doing, instead they were trying to take advantage of the uncapped year to get out from under some serious signing blunders.
    Washington seemingly does this every couple years. Snyder creams himself over some over-priced FA and loses his mind.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Watched some Mahomes clips , guy has a great arm and throws with ease back there. But he loves gun slinging as we can see. Reid's gonna have his work cut out on getting Mahomes to realize he doesn't have to risk. The most wild throw was Mahomes throws across his body on the run for a TD , getting it high for the WR to leap for. With his combination of legs and arm....once he clicks it fully he could be dangerous. But for now...he's 3rd string. (Bray is 2nd string...for now) .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

Ryan Tannehill decided to have ACL surgery and will be out for all of 2017. Its said that Tannehill pretty much screwed himself in a sense by not having the surgery last year. That he tried a procedure where stem cells would be injected into his knee and he'd rehab it. The risk was the knee could always pop again and as one insider claimed a couple weeks ago , "It was a ticking time bomb."

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    If memory serves, Goodell didn't have much to work with, thanks to the Giants having covered up the mess, and Brown's wife not cooperating with the investigation. Still, Brown should've been suspended the full six games.
    I found this ESPN article about a local sheriff.

• The NFL said its investigators had repeatedly attempted to obtain more information on Brown but were denied by the King County Sheriff John Urquhart's office.
    • Sheriff Urquhart told Seattle radio station KIRO on Thursday that the investigator never identified himself as being part of the league.
    • "Nowhere on the request does he say that [Agnew- the investigator] works for the NFL and so, we don't know that it's the NFL and we're not gonna give it out anyway, so we denied it," Urquhart said Thursday.
    • Natalie Ravitz, the NFL's senior vice president of communications, posted in a series of tweets Friday morning that the league made multiple requests to the King County Sheriff's Office in 2015 for information regarding Brown's arrest. Ravitz also tweeted photos of two documents -- the league's public information request and a police report -- which she said proves that the NFL attempted to gather the information.
    • Urquhart said other investigators identified themselves as NFL representatives but they were denied since it was an open investigation.
    • Urquhart said if the league had gone through proper public disclosure channels, the request would have gone straight to him, and he would have been able to help out more.

So it seems the league not going through proper channels is the reason they didn't have much to work with at the time.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Bucs waived 2016 2nd rounder Roberto Aguayo this morning after he missed 2 kicks last night.

That's more a bust for the team than the player since who the Hell takes a kicker in the second round in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    That's more a bust for the team than the player since who the Hell takes a kicker in the second round in the first place
    The last time a team selected a kicker in the 2nd round was the New York Jets who selected Mike Nugent in the 2005 NFL Draft that early. In 2000 Al Davis selected Sebastian Janokowski in the 1st round !

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The last time a team selected a kicker in the 2nd round was the New York Jets who selected Mike Nugent in the 2005 NFL Draft that early. In 2000 Al Davis selected Sebastian Janokowski in the 1st round !
    At least Janikowski did a lot to try to live up to his draft position (even if his accuracy was suspect in his rookie season - it got better his second year) - the guy has more 50+ yard field goals than anyone. Not sure if being nabbed in the first round wasn't a yuuuuge reach (but other teams have grabbed good special teamers early) but he has been on the Raiders roster since being drafted.

So after being more or less slapped in the face with Buffalo's Friday Afternoon Massacre, I'm feeling better about the trade. So we downgrade at 2 positions in terms of raw talent, but I'm not entirely sure by how much. Sammy Watkins did not play a single game last year at 100%, but even if he has his breakout season this year, we wouldn't be able to pay the money to keep him. So rather than lose him for nothing, we got a second round pick and a corner who may fit into our scheme.

As for Darby, by all accounts, he had a pretty bad year last year. Darby is also not a scheme fit as his skill is not in the zone. Without understanding too much in terms of defensive structure, I know that McDermott's defense doesn't require brilliant shut down corners to be successful. So we ship Darby off to replace Watkins with an OK player and get that third rounder.

So we end up with 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders and 2 third rounders. If the Rams continue to under perform and we have a bad year, that could be 4 picks in the top 45. A lot can be done with those, including moving up to get that Quarterback that we desperately need. If the pieces fall even more in our favor, we won't even need to move up to get either Allen, Rosen or Allen. Though, I'm sure next year is going to look more like 2012, 2014 and 2015 than this last year. We're probably going to have to give up something to get that first pick.

Seabass is kinda a once in a generation kind of thing to, we'll likely never see another player his size and built at kicker ever again since someone like that would have been pushed to other positions at much earlier age.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    So after being more or less slapped in the face with Buffalo's Friday Afternoon Massacre, I'm feeling better about the trade. So we downgrade at 2 positions in terms of raw talent, but I'm not entirely sure by how much. Sammy Watkins did not play a single game last year at 100%, but even if he has his breakout season this year, we wouldn't be able to pay the money to keep him. So rather than lose him for nothing, we got a second round pick and a corner who may fit into our scheme.

As for Darby, by all accounts, he had a pretty bad year last year. Darby is also not a scheme fit as his skill is not in the zone. Without understanding too much in terms of defensive structure, I know that McDermott's defense doesn't require brilliant shut down corners to be successful. So we ship Darby off to replace Watkins with an OK player and get that third rounder.

So we end up with 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders and 2 third rounders. If the Rams continue to under perform and we have a bad year, that could be 4 picks in the top 45. A lot can be done with those, including moving up to get that Quarterback that we desperately need. If the pieces fall even more in our favor, we won't even need to move up to get either Allen, Rosen or Allen. Though, I'm sure next year is going to look more like 2012, 2014 and 2015 than this last year. We're probably going to have to give up something to get that first pick.

With a loaded QB class this draft coming , the Bills can likely trade down in the 1st round grab some talent around the team and still get a solid QB. This can be a team that reloads. Its just gonna be some time adding pieces back and all.

The Bills have struggled with mismanagement for a long time now. I'm reminded of a cartoon from when I was a kid where a leak happened on a boat that they have to cover up and when a new leak springs up, they have to cover it up and so on and so forth until they run out of things to plug the leak with. The Bills have been doing patchwork fixes for a while and it doesn't work. It's given us some fantastic players, but by the time they come into their own, we're decidedly not resigning them. This is a big move that got rid of two players I liked, in order to start thinking about the future.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    There's definitely a raw pure bred talent in there. We need a dominant pass rusher. If you paid attention at all to the Steelers last year (as a Cowboys fan you know you shit on our defense ), our defensive line was very promising but the talent at pass rusher was very lacking. A 100 year old Harrison had 6 sacks and Arthur Moats was as solid as Aruthur Moats could be. If we could plug someone talented in there our secondary would benefit and everyone would benefit.
    Yeah, that was a crazy game. Neither defense could stop the other's offense. It basically came down to who had the ball last. Fortunately, it was the Cowboys.
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I think it's absolutely insane to draft a kicker, even in the 7th rd. There's so many good kickers you can get as UDFA's. Dallas does this all the time. Our last two kickers were UDFA's and Bailey is one of the best kickers in the NFL.

You should never, ever draft a kicker, especially in the 2nd rd. Only crazy people like Al Davis do that.
    I will fight. Forever. For everyone, whether they know it or not. Whether they are watching or not. I will always fight.---Daredevil

"There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us... you blinked."---Batman

"I am a mad man with a box!"---The Doctor

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.---John 3:16