Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Yeaaaaah, this is not working as well as I was hoping. Orlando's one-shots leading to this were great for the most part but this storyline was a waste of potential. The idea of the JLA fighting Marvel's villains pastiches is pretty interesting but it never went beyond a typical comic book fight and even the whole concept of the team rescuing a nation was solved in a rather simplistic way.

Reis' art was also pretty rushed here. Some characters lacked detail.

Even with the return of Reis/Prado, this is a damn bad comic book. I had such high hopes of finally getting a halfway decent Justice League comic but Orlando's not doing a whole lot better with the writing than Hitch is on the other JL book. And that's scant praise indeed given that Hitch is probably turning in the worst writing in all of Rebirth. So now we have two lousy JL comics? They let Hitch write Justice League, making what should be DC's flagship title into the worst title under the Rebirth banner, and now we have a second JL book that features the second worst writing in Rebirth. This is a damn shame.

Aww, this is why you usually have to have a character in a comic to read for, so that you can never truly be disappointed even if something didn't meet your expectations, it also helps when you don't spend money on it, luckily I have a friend who does that for their own purposes and I can reap the benefits lol.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

Well, Bruce did publicly bankroll Batman Inc. and that' I believe still canon so I don't think it's a secret in that he pays for some heroes as such.
    Ah I see, thank you for explaining.

Yeah that ending was a surprise. Though I got a headache regarding the errors regarding the Angor heroes IE Thunderer if this is supposed to be Earth 8's Extremists.
    Thunderer is a horrible name, glad it seems to not be the original one, I actually thought that the name was referring to the hammer since the scene between Vixen and Batman had me wondering if Batman wanted more trophies (i.e weapons) that he could use for whatever event is happening in the future, but then the flashback happened.

Presumably the ending will tie into the Atoms' story.
    I wonder if Blue Jay has a chance of surviving past the Atom story; and Dreamslayer is still out there...
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/not with a loser or an irrelevant

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Aww, this is why you usually have to have a character in a comic to read for, so that you can never truly be disappointed even if something didn't meet your expectations, it also helps when you don't spend money on it, luckily I have a friend who does that for their own purposes and I can reap the benefits lol.

Ah I see, thank you for explaining.

Thunderer is a horrible name, glad it seems to not be the original one, I actually thought that the name was referring to the hammer since the scene between Vixen and Batman had me wondering if Batman wanted more trophies (i.e weapons) that he could use for whatever event is happening in the future, but then the flashback happened.

I wonder if Blue Jay has a chance of surviving past the Atom story; and Dreamslayer is still out there...
    Haha. No problem.

I actually prefer Thunderer over Wundajin but they're both good names to me.

Presumably Blue Jay will survive. he was a JL member in the 90's albeit briefly so I doubt he'd be brought on just to kill. Course Silver Sorceress was too but she's presumably dead, ah well. Guess we'll see.

Wowzers, not really feeling this comic at all. I really wanted to like it too, but the first arc was so generic. I didn't even get any cool scenes of 1 on 1 action between the league and the extremists.
    "This is Katana. She's got my back. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims." LMAO. Thanks, Rick.

At this rate, DC might never make any good movies. Marvel has been putting out a lot of "by the numbers"/formulaic movies as well. They all seem to just be commercials for the next ones.

Not bad. Wasn't blown away but I enjoyed it overall. I'm a sucker for a kinda DC/Marvel crossover. Though if I had my choice I would have liked to have seen other characters fight The Extremists. Blue Beetle (a Spiderman-like character) fighting The Gorgon would have been fun. I did love seeing Lobo fight a Sabertooth/Wolverine character. "Unbreakable isn't unbendable." I wonder if the microverse is something that can be accessed from anywhere in the multiverse. Isn't Wundajin still alive in Multiversity?

After the last two issues, I'm glad to see Reis return to the book. While I love the concept and the characters, the artwork was killing my vibe on the book.

I really need Orlando to really push his limits and go full Warren Ellis with this book...

Also, I love seeing Vixen use something other then flight or cat-like attacks. Poison Frog/Magic is a killer combo.
    I've seen your end and it starts with you challenging me.

Mighty Member

Huh. Guess I'm in the minority. I thought the book started off with a fun bang. Aside from the oddity that is the continuity and what world the Extremists came from I thought it was a pretty strong opener.

Reminds me a bit of the opening arc of Morrison's JLA against the White Martians/Hyperclan.

Incredible Member

Loved the art. Far better than justice league (which I dropped a while back) or flash this week. Not a fan of the story as a whole. I didn't know havok was supposed to be someone we knew or that these characters were supposed to be a knock off marvel villians. (Though it was obvious they were) also had no clue about the shield and axe. It just felt like they came out of no where.

So... Can anyone take a crack at summing up the "point" Steve was going for here? Cuz it felt a bit... Aimless?

I don't want to drop it already, but it was a bit of a bunk opener. I want to believe it will quickly improve, but... What do I have to base it on?

Incredible Member

I agree with RAZKO the art seemed really rushed and was very disappointed with this issue.i'll give it a couple more issue's before I drop it like I did JUSTICE LEAGUE.not a fan of BRYAN HITCH.his art or story's

Spectacular Member

Isn't blue jay supposed to be an analog of falcon sam Wilson and ant man because as an ant man analog I think it makes perfect sense for him to be in this book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    Isn't blue jay supposed to be an analog of falcon sam Wilson and ant man because as an ant man analog I think it makes perfect sense for him to be in this book.
    I don't think Falcon ever played a role in his character. He was just a bird themed Ant-Man essentially.

Amazing Member

I like the team, and I like Orlando but I didn't really have much fun reading this first arc. I'm just gonna drop it until someone says it's picking up. Looking at the upcoming issues the only thing that really grabs me is the "moment we've been waiting for since Rebirth", but that's Ray (Atom) isn't it? I love the guy but that's got nothing on where Batman/Flash is going with their moment we've all been waiting for.

I don't think Falcon ever played a role in his character. He was just a bird themed Ant-Man essentially.
    Wasp analog