Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default unworthy thor 4 Spoilers

We find out what Fury Whispered finally!
    Lol no. It's just recaps and whispers and struggles between the collector beta ray bill and black swan proxima midnight along with the goat and the hound who seems to recognise the cloaked figure who seems a authority in he'll. Finally Thor has laid his hands upon the hammer which is screaming like thinder where is MY THOR? The Unseen proclaims that finally what began with a whisper will end with thunder. A most satisfying and intriguing cliff hanger although it was expected. There are scenes depicting Thor's obsession with the hammer while the women in his life his mother and Jane interact with him. Wonder who he is shown struggling with in the panel shown in the letters page.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    Wonder who he is shown struggling with in the panel shown in the letters page.
    That's everyone's favorite titan.

Astonishing Member

Another great installment in this mini. The multiple artists all delivered some great pages here and the promise that we'll finally get to the bottom of what made Thor unworthy in the concluding issue makes for a perfect cliffhanger.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    We find out what Fury Whispered finally!
    Lol no. It's just recaps and whispers and struggles between the collector beta ray bill and black swan proxima midnight along with the goat and the hound who seems to recognise the cloaked figure who seems a authority in he'll. Finally Thor has laid his hands upon the hammer which is screaming like thinder where is MY THOR? The Unseen proclaims that finally what began with a whisper will end with thunder. A most satisfying and intriguing cliff hanger although it was expected. There are scenes depicting Thor's obsession with the hammer while the women in his life his mother and Jane interact with him. Wonder who he is shown struggling with in the panel shown in the letters page.
    I actually believed you for a sec. That is such a cruel tease, well played, lol.

Astonishing Member

That IS finally meant to happen next issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post
    That's everyone's favorite titan.
    yes looked like him but the art made me unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I actually believed you for a sec. That is such a cruel tease, well played, lol.
    thanks. I just played the tease game which marvel played in the letters page hinting MAYbe we will finally know what he whispered.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 02-08-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Mixed feelings on this one. While I liked the art throughout I did feel the added contributors were rushed, clearly they were brought in late. Irving isn't as good as his last outing in Mighty, and you can see the mannequin reference this time. Ribic is always great but his panels are very simple with minimal background work. The same can be said for Dauterman, but his panel layout was interesting. The Coipel/Jacinto, work is stunning, as it has been throughout.

As for story, this is a pretty standard penultimate issue, that sets up the main questions rather than answering them. I think we can pretty much confirm who is probably under the hood now, (good dog for recognising her). Thematically Aaron is really pulling in the theme of Thor always questioning his own worthiness. This has always been at the heart of his story, I feel like he is reminding us here that this is a character driven idea and not some big revelation about his past. Indeed way back in September 2014 he had this to say to Nerdist:

I will say this is not Thor not being able to pick up the hammer, were not going to find out that he once did something truly terrible, that he once pushed an old lady down the stairs. Thats not it. Again, it ties into how Ive been portraying him. Hes always sort of been, in his own mind, walking this line between worthiness and unworthiness. So yeah, at some point well find out what Nick Fury said to him, but its not going to be some secret, dark revelation.
    It is an interesting idea to spend a full five pages in two Jane flashbacks, which again plays solidly to the context and even drops in the name issue again. Also Interesting that the hammer is screaming out "Where is My Thor" which combined seem to be meta-textual references to the fans who want their old Thor back.

We all knew the cliff hanger was always going to be Odinson standing over the hammer ready to lift it, but the image is pretty perfect. Are we taking bets?

Really loved this issue. Seriously, it mixed this great, epic fight scene of gods, an Elder of the Universe, a Korbinite, a whatever Proxima Midnight and Black Swan are, and a talking goat and wolf with this well done character introspection of Thor. The scenes with him grappling with his worthiness before, during, and after possessing Mjolnir were neat juxtapositions. Granted the first scene of young Thor looked a little odd, but the rest of the issue looked great.

Still, really hoped we get to see Thor at least lift up Ultimate Mjolnir. Will he or won't he? Looking forward to next issue.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

BANNED

hooded person is confirmed to be Hela then right?

THta is what i got between the intereactino between it and the hel dog

it just... doesnt feel like Hela though

What's Roz been up to? I haven't read anything Thor since Aaron's hack job of a mystery ended and The Mighty Thor began.
    "Read anything I write for the pleasure of reading it. Whatever else you find will be the measure of what you brought..." - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    hooded person is confirmed to be Hela then right?

THta is what i got between the intereactino between it and the hel dog

it just... doesnt feel like Hela though
    Can't see how it can be anyone else now. We said last issue that if it was her Thori would recognise her. He certainly recognised the female faced figure and I doubt he would be the same with Leah whom he would also recognise. Unless Aaron throws us a real curve ball, in which case it still needs to be a denizen of Hel used to making commands in its name.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-08-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    What's Roz been up to? I haven't read anything Thor since Aaron's hack job of a mystery ended and The Mighty Thor began.
    She is the The League of Realms tactical coordinator in #13 & #14 of the current Mighty run.

Astonishing Member

And she's a secret keeper - Jane revealed to her that she's Thor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Can't see how it can be anyone else now. We said last issue that if it was her Thori would recognise her. He certainly recognised the female faced figure and I doubt he would be the same with Leah whom he would also recognise. Unless Aaron throws us a real curve ball, in which case it still needs to be a denizen of Hel used to making commands in its name.
    Why does hela care about thanos, hammers, or let prox tslk yo her like that

Do odd