Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

While I agree that Thor is the God Of Thunder and as such can innately control storms, we need to remember there have been many runs of Thor where this hasn't been the case, and he has needed Mjölnir to do this. It depends which writers you focus on.

In the latest stories Aaron is walking the line of saying the storm sometimes does not respond to Odinson.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    While I agree that Thor is the God Of Thunder and as such can innately control storms, we need to remember there have been many runs of Thor where this hasn't been the case, and he has needed Mjölnir to do this. It depends which writers you focus on.

In the latest stories Aaron is walking the line of saying the storm sometimes does not respond to Odinson.
    Yup i agree with you depends which writers they always chance story.

From i know Thor can use lighting with no help from Mjolnir but this time is different writers Change it Again Thor need Hammer order Summon Lighting.
    Last edited by genji; 02-25-2017 at 05:10 PM.

BANNED

I took that as a confidence issue, not a mjolnir issue

Mostly bc aaron has shown he can during his run (as did ewing in 10th realm)

Ive always saw it that mjolnir gave him more control over it

But... thors god force or whatever was used to repair mjolnir last time right? Coukd very easily say that lead to needing the hammer more than before

if that was to be counted no way would he or odin become unworthy of lifting the hammer as it would have been a part of his being as Doctor Strange was only able to repair the hammer by transferring the Odinforce from Thor to Mjolnir, binding the two in a symbiotic relationship and so it would be an exgension of his and Odin's being due to being suffused with the Odin power and not a divine tool supposedly being able to be lifted only by the worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    if that was to be counted no way would he or odin become unworthy of lifting the hammer as it would have been a part of his being as Doctor Strange was only able to repair the hammer by transferring the Odinforce from Thor to Mjolnir, binding the two in a symbiotic relationship and so it would be an exgension of his and Odin's being due to being suffused with the Odin power and not a divine tool supposedly being able to be lifted only by the worthy.
    Not sure I follow the logic of why the process would disqualify unworthiness. Could you elaborate?

One of the problems with the broken Mjölnir thing, is that it has been broken quite a few times and fixed in various ways. We should probably assume that whenever it is repaired it is put back the way it was.

In the disassembled story, Mjölnir was smashed for example. It was used as a symbol in that story, a physical representation of Thor's disconnect from the Odinforce. That story was also technically the last big retcon, as it asserts an almost medieval christian messiah view of Thor. Odin sent Thor to earth as a mortal as a seed to break the cycle of Ragnarok.

This only serves to highlight how the Thor cannon has been changed and manipulated by different writers over the years. There is no single Thor cannon, no 'one true way' to view Thor or Odin or Mjölnir.

if you had read the erick Masterson run Loki in Odin's body was able to snatch the hammer from him and use it even though his purpose was nefarious as Odin himself had created the weapon by suffusing it with his power and laid enchantments on it as safeguard so no one would easily be able to misuse it. thus it was but a powerful weapon but not a true measure of ones worth. the possessor of Odin force could typically use the hammer for whatever purpose he had in mind whether it be worthyvor not. when it was repaired by Thor through his transferring his Odin force and godly power in it will be intrisincally linked with him and he would be able to use it any way he envisages as it would be symbiotically linked with him and hecould destroy it by just willing so. However it seems to have been retconed by later writers.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by genji View Post
    Yup i agree with you depends which writers they always chance story.

From i know Thor can use lighting with no help from Mjolnir but this time is different writers Change it Again Thor need Hammer order Summon Lighting.
    Acutally in this run Thor said the Thunder answer his calling less often than it used to, meaning he can still summon lightning without the hammer, just not as good as it used to.
    His weather control power is from the Elder God part of him, the hammer enhances that power in a way I think. I think his fading ability to control Thunder is due to his broken will after being unworthy.

Hi-Fi Fight Club Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever's Avatar

Aaron had Odinson generating lightning while fighting against Jane.

Creativity without constraint comes with responsibility. We do not make art in a vacuum isolated from sociopolitical context - RG

One of the problems with the broken Mjölnir thing, is that it has been broken quite a few times and fixed in various ways. We should probably assume that whenever it is repaired it is put back the way it was.

In the disassembled story, Mjölnir was smashed for example. It was used as a symbol in that story, a physical representation of Thor's disconnect from the Odinforce. That story was also technically the last big retcon, as it asserts an almost medieval christian messiah view of Thor. Odin sent Thor to earth as a mortal as a seed to break the cycle of Ragnarok.

This only serves to highlight how the Thor cannon has been changed and manipulated by different writers over the years. There is no single Thor cannon, no 'one true way' to view Thor or Odin or Mjölnir.
    I'd argue from his inception to 2004 there was considerably more consistency in Thor's portrayal. Of course every character goes through periods of alterations from different writers. But from 2007 and on, the various "voices" writing Thor have been more overt and different. Not comparing one to the other, just saying that's how I view the character's history. But since the mid 2000's superhero storytelling has changed dramatically from before so there's that.

Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Loving this book. And Thori is so damn cute. I want a Thori.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    I'd argue from his inception to 2004 there was considerably more consistency in Thor's portrayal. Of course every character goes through periods of alterations from different writers. But from 2007 and on, the various "voices" writing Thor have been more overt and different. Not comparing one to the other, just saying that's how I view the character's history. But since the mid 2000's superhero storytelling has changed dramatically from before so there's that.
    My particular interest with Thor is in how his continuity changes over time. I make detailed notes to myself whenever I read an issue where the changes occur even subtly. I have dozens of these notes across the whole of the character's run. I don't see any era that maintains consistency, but the nineties were terrible for messing with the core ideas. (They were equally terrible at messing with everything else too.)
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 02-27-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Good News guys for oldfans about Odinson.

look second comment in my down but i edit this one reason same comment idont know how delete this.
    Last edited by genji; 03-20-2017 at 04:40 PM.

My particular interest with Thor is in how his continuity changes over time. I make detailed notes to myself whenever I read an issue where the changes occur even subtly. I have dozens of these notes across the whole of the character's run. I don't see any era that maintains consistency, but the nineties were terrible for messing with the core ideas. (They were equally terrible at messing with everything else too.)
    look like odinson will not pick up ultimate mjolnir he will unlock his elder god power again and some one else person pick ultimate mjolnir become the all-new ultimate thor not show his face in picture yet.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...final-issue-5/
    Last edited by genji; 03-20-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by genji View Post
    Good News guys for oldfans about Odinson.

look second comment in my down but i edit this one reason same comment idont know how delete this.
    Unlocking his elder god power? Where is that?