Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Incredible Member

Would anyone even care if he wasn't black?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    He still has human lungs so..no?

I was actually talking more about things like being able to boom tube anywhere anytime or do other "miracles" that Mother Boxes can do. He doesn't have the presumably-biologically-superior brains of a New God so his ability to use the technology is limited.
    He lost (gave up) his lungs during the Atlantis attacks storyline
    I have no beef with Vegans

I was actually talking more about things like being able to boom tube anywhere anytime or do other "miracles" that Mother Boxes can do. He doesn't have the presumably-biologically-superior brains of a New God so his ability to use the technology is limited.
    That's not a bad point, but obviously the tech is interlocked with his brain so I'd assume that the Mother Box lends him processing power. And News Gods tech is intuitive as hell, Vic shouldn't have to worry about each and every line of code, just let the Box's innate cpu handle the details.

Besides, if I can use my phone to do complex mathematical equations, check social media, and download the latest from Comixology all at once, then Vic sure as hell should be capable of using his tech. Perhaps he can't push the tech to its utmost limits, like healing dying gods (we've yet to see him heal anything far as I know), but everything short of that? If Vic is just one or two tiny steps ahead of someone with a smartphone he's not really a superhero, he's just a beta tester.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    He lost (gave up) his lungs during the Atlantis attacks storyline
    Ah, beat me to it.

Vic's capable of surviving in some pretty wild environments. Maybe not deep space (have we seen him try?) but Im pretty sure he can go anywhere on earth, and I wouldn't be surprised if he can survive in atmospheres humans normally couldn't.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Discipline = Freedom.

Invincible: The greatest superhero comic in the universe!

He's been upgraded beyond human limitations since Walker's run.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaLantern View Post
    Would anyone even care if he wasn't black?
    No and yes. If he were just another white character, then no. There'd be so many characters of his persuasion that he wouldn't register as any real issue.

But now if he was a white character in a black dominated superhero universe run by "a diverse" group, we'd have an entirely different scenario. If he was the one white character to get a push from the company, then yes. To choose a mutilated, emasculated white kid who doubts his own humanity on a team of beautiful black heroes (black power fantasies) would send a terrible message to the readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    No and yes. If he were just another white character, then no. There'd be so many characters of his persuasion that he wouldn't register as any real issue.

But now if he was a white character in a black dominated superhero universe run by "a diverse" group, we'd have an entirely different scenario. If he was the one white character to get a push from the company, then yes. To choose a mutilated, emasculated white kid who doubts his own humanity on a team of beautiful black heroes (black power fantasies) would send a terrible message to the white readers.
    THIS. So much This!

Look. All I know is Vic better get hip to understanding that he can form a synthetic skin of some sort to look like a man by the end of the movie... or we gonna have some problems.