Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Amazing Member

Is there a reason there was no BPRD in September?

Just life throwing curve balls as it sometimes does, which delayed Laurence Campbell.

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

I found issue 3 to be fantastic! Really loved all the dialogue between Liz and Abe. I won't spoil anything, but head over to Multiversity/Mignolaversity for an excellent discussion featuring everybody's favorite continuity tracker, Mr. Tweedale.

And is it just my imagination or is the cover stock thicker this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Junior Wormwood View Post
    I found issue 3 to be fantastic! Really loved all the dialogue between Liz and Abe. I won't spoil anything, but head over to Multiversity/Mignolaversity for an excellent discussion featuring everybody's favorite continuity tracker, Mr. Tweedale.

And is it just my imagination or is the cover stock thicker this issue?
    That review clocked in at nearly 4000 words. Mike and I basically reached the point where we were like, "Look, we have so much more we still want to discuss, but we have to end this thing." Seriously, this was one hell of a packed issue.

I'm loving how dense and character driven this story is; and what's impressive is that despite all the loose threads so far the book doesn't feel jumbled; it still has a feeling of cohesiveness. That said, these last three issues have been a lot of set up, a lot of which we needed in order to really sell the new status quo but I'm growing a little worried that the plot is going to fall into the trap of spending too much time at the start and not leaving enough room for the middle which leads to the end feeling rushed. It's happened a few times in the past where the ending felt a little unearned but I don't think there has been a story thus far with this large of an introductory chapter.

Yeah, I thought this was pretty good. I had concerns about Allie writing this book, but I've really enjoyed it so far. Campbell's art is a large part of that, though.

Great issue. Incredible art. Beautiful book.