Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    Hope you guys like Kate and Clint back together in today's issue. Very nervous and excited!

Attachment 58999
    ....No kidding......definitely wasn't expecting this Issue to follow up upon what occurred within the GENERATIONS: THE ARCHERS One Shot this soon.....!!

Ultimate Member

Why does Clint even remember that? Sam Wilson looked up an alternate identity he took, and there were no records. Carol didn't remember meeting the current Ms. Marvel in the past either. Were they AUs, while Kobik actually did send Kate to past of Earth-616?

A few things:

- The Arrow Clint uses is t exactly new. He's used stuff like that for decades
    - In Cap's Generations book it was stated that none of the vanishing point time travel shenanigans had actually happened, thus no one except Kate should know about it.
    - The "complaints" about throwing knives were a bit weird as he had use them as well in the past.

Those are, however, all things that only are an issue when you keep other stories in mind. The story at hand doesn't suffer from it at all and considering I am a huge fan of Brian Michael Bendis who did stuff like that all the time I would be a hypocrite if I were to complain too much.

The interactions between both Hawkeyes were fun, dialogues with her friends as well and the cliffhanger is intriguing. What more could I ask for?

That said: I sure hope the cover of the next issue has a REALLY good explanation, hahaha.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: How Marvel Should Have Concluded: S E C R E T - E M P I R E

Another SOLID delivery from Team Hawkeye.

Dialogue: On POINT. Art: On POINT. Story: Alright, so I was oblivious to all the stuff folks are saying regarding the Generations events and that they didn't actually happen, so.......with that being taken into consideratio--yeah I don't care. The story was too fun. The connectivity/continuity too commendable (imho). This ish was solid.

Been a Kelly fan for some years now, so I knew that she'd excel writing Kate and that she was liable to create a very entertaining support cast (#RealTalk: still hoping/waiting/pining for guest spots, however brief, from my boys Billy & Teddy) and I'm suuuuuper pleased with her handling of Clint etc etc. What I did not anticipate was falling so hard for this Leonardo/Jordie art team. Leo's style fluctuates between scour-the-page-for-those-super-charming-details and bare-bones-minimalist-tight-focus paired with Jor's transformative pallet -- bold, kinetic and vibrant in Sunny Cal and action stuff and then muted, yet contrasting and atmospheric in these quiet or moody moments, like when Kate is captive. Team Hawkeye really is such a sensational union and I am just so happy that we're at issue 13 (these days it seems all my favorite stuff is endlessly "will they won't they" on the success-o-meter) and count my blessings with each subsequent continuation.

Keep at it gang.
    #HawKATE4evah
    "Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Dialogue: On POINT. Art: On POINT. Story: Alright, so I was oblivious to all the stuff folks are saying regarding the Generations events and that they didn't actually happen, so.......with that being taken into consideratio--yeah I don't care. The story was too fun. The connectivity/continuity too commendable (imho). This ish was solid.

Been a Kelly fan for some years now, so I knew that she'd excel writing Kate and that she was liable to create a very entertaining support cast (#RealTalk: still hoping/waiting/pining for guest spots, however brief, from my boys Billy & Teddy) and I'm suuuuuper pleased with her handling of Clint etc etc. What I did not anticipate was falling so hard for this Leonardo/Jordie art team. Leo's style fluctuates between scour-the-page-for-those-super-charming-details and bare-bones-minimalist-tight-focus paired with Jor's transformative pallet -- bold, kinetic and vibrant in Sunny Cal and action stuff and then muted, yet contrasting and atmospheric in these quiet or moody moments, like when Kate is captive. Team Hawkeye really is such a sensational union and I am just so happy that we're at issue 13 (these days it seems all my favorite stuff is endlessly "will they won't they" on the success-o-meter) and count my blessings with each subsequent continuation.

Keep at it gang.
    #HawKATE4evah
    I thought her name was Hawkess
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: How Marvel Should Have Concluded: S E C R E T - E M P I R E

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post

Keep at it gang.
    #HawKATE4evah
    Agreed on all counts - another fantastic issue!

Mighty Member

Another awesome issue indeed. Thompson and Romero are doing and incredible work. Keep it up!!

Incredible Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYsx_x9D...y=jimcheungart
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcb1P4FD...y=jimcheungart

Some gorgeous art from Kate's co-creator, Jim Cheung.

I almost had a heart attack with that #MCU hashtag there, thinking it might be some concept art or something, but then I realized he puts that on every picture. DON'T DO THIS TO ME, JIM.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-08-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Been lurking since '08

A bit controversial, but I REALLY don't like the current Eleanor Bishop storyline.

I hate when comics bring up dead parents, especially when they retcon them with powers or whatever. That said, I'm not, entirely, a fan of her father having powers; couldn't he have just been a manipulative businessman & father.